Awoo.

What Sonic Series would you like a sequel for?

Ultra Gako

I'm all for a sequel to the Storybook games, although I'm certain the characterization wouldn't even scratch the surface of comparing with the former two. The gameplay could be far more refined and polished, and it would most likely look gorgeous.

I'm not holding my breath though.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

As people have mentioned, in a few years, I'd like to see a much more expansive sequel to Sonic Generations, with three variations of Sonic instead of two: Classic, Dreamcast/Boost, Modern.

Classic would be as he was in Generations, Dreamcast Sonic and the Modern Sonic from Generations could be interchangeable, and Modern would have the gameplay style from Lost World. Also, extra characters, anyone? DLC stages?

Other than that though, I'd like a sequel to Sonic Heroes with fixed control, or another fighting game, with online, better control, and a more expansive character roster.

Ill put my lot in with a Sonic Fighters sequel by Sumo with a story mode and more robust features and larger character roster.

That and a classic series sequel, an HD sidescroller but using HD sprites as has been said, like what Sonic 2 HD was trying to accomplish. Hell even without HD like what Megaman 9 & 10 did. Totally put Tax and Stealtg in some kind of high up position on it too.

Also liked that idea of a continuation of the Game Gear series. Mayhaps the lost characters could find a home in that kind of spin off series.

Baring all that I would be happy with a Generations 2. Love me nostalgia trips :P

I'd be up for another story book game. But please, for the love of god, get rid of the motion controls.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are quite a lot of sequels I'd love to see for various reasons.

I'd be totally hyped for an Adventure style game. Heroes and the two Adventures were what got my into Sonic for real, and I'm totally in love with the gameplay style. I adore the more open 3D world to explore and the gameplay that gives you a feeling of speed without forcing you into thinking you have to constantly boost and beat your own records. I felt the Adventure formula had a good balance between speed and exploring. I also liked playing as other characters than Sonic sometimes, it varied the gameplay, and I admit I miss searching for hidden Emerald shards as Knuckles.

In spite of the above, I love the boost formula as well, it gives you a great thrill of speed rushing through the stages in Unleashed and Generations and I certainly wouldn't mind another installment in that series.

The storybook series was awesome not only for its characterization that is praised so often I don't think I need to repeat anything of it, but also for the unique atmosphere about the two games. Especially the theme of the Arabian Nights was something really unique and refreshingly different from 'normal' Sonic games to me, and I like the fairy tale-ish feeling of magic you got from the design of the stages and the drawn cutscenes. I wasn't a great fan of the controls, though. Give me an actual gamepad, please... But other than that, I'd love another story book title.

And I think I actually would like a sequel to Sonic Chronicles. I know it probably won't happen, and I know that a lot of people don't like Chronicles much, but I thought it was cool to have an RPG with all the characters I liked so much, and come on, the ending was mean.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would kill for a Knuckles' Chaotix sequel. Perhaps people will actually play it this time around.

I'd like to see a real Sonic 4. I'd settle for Sega redoing Episode I in 2's physics and graphics style, as well as combining them into one game with Sonic 3 & Knuckles special stages, red rings in Episode I levels, and a playable episode Metal as the prequel unlocked after beating the few new levels they should add in after Sonic 4 II levels. It would be awesome if they added in elemental shields, Knuckles as a playable character, and modern cutscenes at certain points to create some narrative.

Maybe a third storybook title, like someone previously said, wouldn't mind another story like sonic unleashed, might sound silly but i wish i could get to see sonic unleashed 2 probably not gonna happen, but i want to see a third storybook coming out, well you never know.smile.png smile.png smile.png smile.png smile.png

I would like to see a sequel to Sonic the fighters with a new fighting system but this time add characters from other SEGA franchises like Streets of Rage and Guardian Heroes, make it 2D and use hand drawn sprites. 3v3 

Edited by theSEGAloser

I would really love to see a sequel to either Sonic CD or Knuckles' Chaotix. Say like with KC, change up the combi system so it's not so difficult to manuver and add lives and continues because it's rather annoying to die and end up back at the overworld... With a sequel to Sonic CD obviously it'd be nice to include more modern moves such as the boost and to fix up the Spindash too. Other than that the gameplay mechanics were pretty awesome. :)

Another Sonic Rush game would be cool, the gameplay was addictive in those games and I’d love to see it return. The trick system is something I would like to see again too, although I guess Generations had it to an extent.

Sonic the Fighters or Knuckles Chaotix.

Knuckles Chaotix yes, I dunno about StF, but Sonic Battle has earned a sequel.

Knuckles Chaotix yes, I dunno about StF, but Sonic Battle has earned a sequel.

I prefer StF's cartoony and more eccentric style to Battle's, and also would rather have another zany 1-on-1fighter rather than a weird Smash-type game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I prefer StF's cartoony and more eccentric style to Battle's, and also would rather have another zany 1-on-1fighter rather than a weird Smash-type game.

Actually...yeah I agree. Call it a sick fantasy, but I'm dying for some Archie Comics characters to make a guest appearance in a Sonic fighting game, especially Enerjak...

Wouldn't mind another Sonic Adventure but I don't think SEGA are going in that direction. Heroes would be a good idea but I wouldn't mind a sequel to Sonic the Fighters or even make a decent stab at Sonic Shuffle except make it way better than the original

I would LOVE Sonic Adventure 3, but who knows if that will ever happen. If it did, I'd make it Adventure 1 styled, but with some obvious tweaking. Select a character's story from the main menu, instead of forcing us to switch between characters at different points in one story. I could go either way on Hub Worlds: I'm fine if they return, but I won't be upset if they're gone. I would love to get hub worlds that don't take too long to travel through, and retain their personality from Unleashed ( hub characters that are fun to talk to, and recognizable landmarks.) Each playable character should be unique in their own special way, but don't shoe horn in any unnecessary  gameplay styles. I'd love to see a fusion of the Sonic 3 and K formula with the Adventure formula: each character gets a unique level and abilities, but they go through the level on foot, and the objective is to get to the goal ring. 

Oh, and to all the people that say we've already gotten Adventure 3 in the form of several games: I don't care. They weren't called SA3, therefore we haven't gotten it yet. I will agree 06 should have been titled SA3, but it thankfully wasn't. There's still a lot of potential for the Sonic Adventure series, but Sonic Team doesn't seem to realize that.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see a second Sonic Battle or Sonic the Fighters. Despite both being heavily overlooked games, both of them (especially Battle) have contributed a lot to the franchise's canon (Emerl is upgraded to Gemerl in Advance 3, Bean, Bark and Honey have been added to the list of 'gone-but-never-forgotten' characters) and really, I'd love to see another Sonic fighting game, preferably made by Sumo.

Edited by Super Spindash

A sequel to Fighters in particular would be right up my alley. It'd be really fun to see the cartoony animations from Fighters applied to the current models. A Battle 2 could be interesting, that game was a decent time waster but was really repetitive. Maybe they could improve on it, somehow?

But I'm thinking if we ever see another fighting Sonic game, it'll probably be something new rather than a sequel. I'd really like to see it, in any case.

There are a few Sonic games I'd like to see a sequel to.

Sonic Heroes: One thing I enjoyed about this game was the ability to control three characters at a time. I'd like to see of this type of gameplay. Maybe even a choice where you can choose characters for your team. Even have it that certain characters would work better than others.

Sonic Unleashed: I liked the idea of traveling to other places. Nighttimes can be good too.

Sonic Advance 3: Similar to Sonic Heroes, I'd like to be able to pair two characters together. Maybe even a choice where you can choose characters for your team. Even have it that certain characters would work better than others.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood: It had a good concept, so I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel with some tweaks and polishing.

Sonic Adventure: I'm torn between the gameplay of Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2.

Sonic Rush: I enjoyed playing as either Sonic or Blaze

I'd like to see a third game in the Storybook series.

However, one of the main appeals to me regarding any potential third Storybook game is the story and characterization. And there's no way that I'm holding my breath for any third game to match the quality the first two had regarding story and characterization, which alone have not been matched by any other game to date anyway and taking into consideration how the storytelling and to a large extent the characterization jumped off a cliff since Colours came out.

The two Storybooks game's also had appeal to me regarding the game design with the skill system and it's complexities in relation to mission requirements. I enjoyed the uniqueness of those two titles and wished that a third followed the same route. Also, the Wii-U gamepad offers quite a few interesting possibilities if a third storybook game was released on the Wii-U.

Oh, this so much. I love the Storybooks mainly for the writing and they show you can have a good story in a Sonic game that doesn't, you know, treat the players like they're idiots. Gameplay-wise, I loved Colors and Generations, but damn the writing, the dub scripts in particular, were just the most groan-inducing things I've had to sit through. Such a waste of a great voice cast. Honestly, if we could just get the writing up to par with the Storybooks, I'd be happy.

As far as gameplay on a Storybook goes, I think something that's less on-rails than its predecessors, and giving us choices of multiple paths would be a nice start. If it could just be a little more free-roaming and focus on the exploration side of things, something to really flesh out the storybook worlds themselves. While I usually don't think exploration is as big an element in Sonic games as some say, I think if it's done right without the worlds feeling empty/boring or like it's forced--as long as there is still a clear goal to allow the story to progress without the player getting lost--it could work. And, sure, why not let Sonic adapt to those worlds' rules a little bit too? He picked up a sword (though expressed that he didn't like it) in Black Knight simply because that's "how they roll around there." It seems perfectly within Sonic's nature to go with the flow. Of course, don't do anything that runs counter to his ethics/moral code (don't make him use a gun or kill people, for example), but hey, say for example he ends up in a world with magic, allow his skills to work with that. Things along those lines.

Other than Storybooks, I dunno, maybe a follow up to Sonic R, but with a more balanced roster, better controls, and more content. I loved Sonic R for its level design and music, and I think it'd be great to see that on a bigger scale, with modern production values.

I might also throw in with the Heroes crowd. I think the idea is potentially interesting, and the biggest weakness to Sonic Heroes was how repetitive it all was. Things as simple as changing the level order and designing more unique paths and obstacles would've eliminated a lot of that. Controlling three characters is a potentially fun idea, and I think Heroes, regardless of how it's aged, at least showed that. Just a little more variety, and the making the flight characters more useful other than carrying the other two would definitely help. And, hey, it seems like an interesting idea to try out with multiplayer (online or otherwise).

There's probably others, though I can't think of them at the moment...

A sequel to Chronicles, with better graphics, better music, better sound effects, and overall, better gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1