Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

As a Yoshi main, I think that Yoshi's moveset -- by design -- is fine. If anything, the execution needs some work. Some of his hitboxes needs tweaking since some of them are actually not nearly as big as the character model perceive them to be. The strength of his smash attacks diminishes too quickly. Also whoever thought it was a good idea to make Yoshi fall like a rock whenever he uses his Egg Roll in the air and lose all of his jumps after he breaks out of it... I say to them, "That shit ain't cool, bro." And his shield... I like it that it's an egg but hate it that he can't grab out of it and that there's a exit delay. It's not stronger the other shields and he can still be attacked while dodging. It's literally like it's the way it is just to look cute.

Out of all of his moves, I thought his Up-B from Brawl was amazing. I like it that I can use it before my jump for protection, use my main jump  and then use his Up-B again to skip back onto the stage. It's wasn't that great if you got knocked down too deep, but It worked really well in any other situation.

Edited by Dr. YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

As long as you DI up, that as long as the attack wasn't a low angle move like Zelda or Jiggz Dsmash, there should be very little reason to use Yoshi's double jump in Brawl. His air speed and the UpB buff are that good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshot of the Day:

image_58776_thumb_wide610.jpg

Edited by Kareemadeem
  • Thumbs Up 1

The level of detail and care put into these models is making me wet.

BECAUSE OF ALL THE HAPPY TEARS I'M SHEDDING OF COURSE

Am I the only one who thought a bit more detail seemed to be put into the Brawl designs? You can tell when you look at Mario's overalls. In Smash WiiU/3DS, they seemed to have simplified some of the character designs. Given, it looks a hell of a lot better than Brawl, I think they went for a simplier look

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who thought a bit more detail seemed to be put into the Brawl designs? You can tell when you look at Mario's overalls. In Smash WiiU/3DS, they seemed to have simplified some of the character designs. Given, it looks a hell of a lot better than Brawl, I think they went for a simplier look

It looks more like they want to be closer to Mario & Luigi's original designs and not put the jeans texture on their overalls.(Though Melee Mario is my favorite design out of the 4) 

Do you think Dr.Mario will have the simplified design as well or will he look as realistically detailed as his melee look(I am sure he will be DLC or an Alternate Costume)

Edited by Dom

The denim texture is still there, it's just more subtle.  It's no longer screaming, "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M REALISTIC DENIM."

Olimar's backpack looks like it has the four lights in a row from the Wii Remote on it, and possibly a socket for a controller plug?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've only noticed that on Mario.

Yeah they seem to want to make every character feel more like they are in their own series, so Mario's overalls are more deep blue, Bowser is more yellow, etc.

I'm hoping they don't make Peach really doll'd up and plastic like she is in the Mario games, I always really liked her Smash appearance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah they seem to want to make every character feel more like they are in their own series, so Mario's overalls are more deep blue, Bowser is more yellow, etc.

I'm hoping they don't make Peach really doll'd up and plastic like she is in the Mario games, I always really liked her Smash appearance.

Speaking of Peach....................is there the possibility of her being on the chopping block for this game? I mean, Nintendo loves to push her image of a damsel in distress and they seem to care way more about image these days (NSMB Series, 3d Land, those kind of Mario games with a samey aesthetic) with the Mario franchise. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Speaking of Peach....................is there the possibility of her being on the chopping block for this game? I mean, Nintendo loves to push her image of a damsel in distress and they seem to care way more about image these days (NSMB Series, 3d Land, those kind of Mario games with a samey aesthetic) with the Mario franchise. 

I don't see how aesthetics of recent Mario games has any relation to Peach's likelyhood of returning.

Plus she's one of the main Mario characters. Why wouldn't she return?

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering she is a Perfectly fine playable character in 3D World, and also had already two appearances in Smash, AND is in a game made by a guy who somehow can pull off the Impossible and animate Her Dress, nah, I doubt she is in any Danger

Yeah Peach is among the only certain inclusions I can name. I'm more certain about Peach than I am about Yoshi.

Total opposite.

I think Nintendo are finally learning that their fanbase love seeing Peach in other roles. Peach has been being kidnapped since the very first Mario Bros game, it was Melee that first broke the mold (I don't think SMB2 counts considering it wasn't originally a Mario game)

Miyamoto and Nintendo are being constantly told in interviews that people want to play as Peach, reception for her inclusion in SM3DW is overwhelmingly positive, they'd have to be insane to not include her in SSB4.

My body is ready for glorious HD cute princesses.

• Thumbs Up 2

Zelda has remained completely unplayable in her own series  and is with very, very few exceptions the eternal damsel in distress, and I highly doubt they're going to axe her, either. Sooo, yeah, I'm really not expecting to lose the Princesses, thank goodness.

the way I see it, the Original 12 + some of Melee newcomers should be Fine for a return, the Original 12 definietly.

Ice Climbers is still up in the air but if Olimar is in I doubt they get the boot too, unless they pull something like using sprites for the Pikmins in the 3DS version..

• Thumbs Up 1

the way I see it, the Original 12 + some of Melee newcomers should be Fine for a return, the Original 12 definietly.

Ice Climbers is still up in the air but if Olimar is in I doubt they get the boot too, unless they pull something like using sprites for the Pikmins in the 3DS version..

Didn't Sakurai specifically mention trying to impliment Ice Climbers in an interview? The fact that he mentioned them at all pretty much certifies their inclusion imo.

Infact to me, the fact the Ice Climbers even re-appeared in Brawl when they were absolutely not a necessary inclusion makes me think they're Smashers for life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if they add Peach back in, all I ask is that they give her the mobility she had in Melee back. That was glorious.

I'll be picking this up at launch. Both versions.

Brawl was my first introduction to the series, and I've been hooked ever since.

@Last page
Sakurai said he was having trouble doing both Pikmin/Olimar and Ice Climbers due to their teamwork mechanics, and considering there's alot more to process on-screen with Pikmin/Olimar, yet he got them in, I'm pretty sure that all but confirms Ice Climbers returning as well.

You know what I hope they do with Peach? For a alternate skin if possible, I want to see this thing:

Suites for different skins? That's actually a pretty good idea.

If clones are being discarded, what will happen to Ganondorf, the slower tank version of Captain Falcon?

I'll be picking this up at launch. Both versions.

Brawl was my first introduction to the series, and I've been hooked ever since.

Have you tried Super Smash Bros Melee? IMO that game is even better then Brawl, it's faster and is more competitive and is a more skill-based game then brawl.