Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yeah, it's not part of the Smash Bros line.  I wonder what the content will be that it unlocks in Shovel Knight.

Maybe they could make this unlock a Mii Fighter costume?

Possibly. All I can say is, I really did expect this outcome (and it drove me nuts how everyone kept jumping to conclusions, just like what happened with the whole K. Rool TM symbol shenanigans). I didn't think we'd get an unannounced Smash character's Amiibo officially announced before the likes of Ryu, Roy, and Lucas Amiibo. (I have a feeling those are going to be announced after the last DLC characters are confirmed.)

Shovel Knight getting an amiibo that isn't part of the Smash line doesn't really disqualify him from getting in completely, there is still a small, small chance that he would just get into the game but not receive a Smash-centric amiibo. Nintendo did say they had plans to release one for every single character, but plans in development change sometimes, and that could be one case of it. But just my two cents anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe his amiibo will be out before (and I'm speaking hypothetically here:) he's added to Smash and it'll have functionality in other games first, and that's why it's not classified as a Smash amiibo? I don't think there's any precedent for that, but it's an idea.

Maybe his amiibo will be out before (and I'm speaking hypothetically here:) he's added to Smash and it'll have functionality in other games first, and that's why it's not classified as a Smash amiibo? I don't think there's any precedent for that, but it's an idea.

All other Amiibo work the same way anyway, though. And we had a prototype preview of various additional Amiibo lines; Legend of Zelda (featuring a Link silhouette), Pikmin (just Pikmin, silhouette again of course), and high likelihood of a Pokemon Amiibo line.

And yeah, there's no precedent for that, either. Its a possibility he could get added later, but there's pretty much no chance of him getting announced for Smash this weekend, because none of these pages mention Smash at all. The "megaton" announcement is undoubtedly just going to be the Shovel Knight Amiibo (they STILL haven't officially announced it yet).

The game's set to go under some "maintenance" tomorrow. 9 to 10 PM for the Wii U version, 8 to 9 PM for the 3DS version. Wonder what that's about.

Probably gonna be something like a character balance patch, if so I'm curious about that. Wouldn't be surprised if they made alterations to tourney mode considering the backlash for it.

PLEASE BUFF DEDEDE

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please buff armored Samus. That's literally all I ask of you, Smash developers.

Please, seriously. She does needs buffs badly. She literally has all the tools to be good, but her being so sluggish and having shit mobility hurts her greatly.

Some Dr. Mario buffs wouldn't hurt either. 

Edited by Felix

Why does everyone seem to think that having a server maintenance means we'll get any update?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does everyone seem to think that having a server maintenance means we'll get any update?

Because that's been the case for literally every period of scheduled downtime?

Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 3

What makes it even more suspicious: Smash U and 3DS are updating at roughly the same time this time around. There were only two times (edit: correction: 3, see down below) this happened before: When Mewtwo was added and when Lucas/Ryu/Roy were added.

It's still possible that nothing will happen (Nintendo has been weirdly quiet, they usually go all out when something new is coming to Smash), but after we got this Scenario two times and two (edit: three) times something BIG happened, I don't blame anyone for getting excited.

Edit: Okay, there was a third time this happened in the middle of July, where they added some Mii costumes and two classic stages and lots of balancing to the 3DS Version and the tourney mode and YouTube upload Feature along with the 3DS stuff for Wii U, my bad. Still a big update, even though no new characters were involved.

Edit 2: Okay, I'm bored, so I figured I'd make a list to elaborate on what Athena and I already mentioned:

• SSB 3DS Maintenance on October 27th: Balancing Adjustments live on same day
  • SSB 3DS Maintenance on November 18th: Balancing and Bug Fixing live on the same day
  • SSB 3DS & U Maintenance on April 15th: Mewtwo added (and the Ryu/Roy Files), along with Mii costumes, a share mode on U and a balancing update
  • SSB 3DS & U Maintenance on June 14th: Ryu, Roy and Lucas added, along with Mii costumes and new stages, Mii Costumes and Music
  • SSB U Maintenance on July 3rd: Minor Non-Gameplay adjustments
  • SSB 3DS & U Maintenance on July 13th/14th: Most likely preparations for the big Update on July 30th with more stages, a tourney mode, Mii costumes and Youtube upload feature

Except for one maintenance that seemingly did nothing, every single maintenance did at least some balancing, with most other updates being preparations for big updates. So yeah, while there is no guarantee that something will happen, there has been a pretty reliable pattern in the past, so I don't think it's out there when People simply assume that this pattern will continue.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 2

If this update does add in some hidden stuff related to future DLC, I wonder how quickly people will find that data and make Sakurai cry once more. D:

i just want T.Link to be buffed....is that so much to ask?

My friend and I been playing more team matches in For Glory mode and it's been relatively fun so far. I wish they would add a party up system or something so my friend and I who arent playing on the same console can team up and search for a 2v2 match without having to go on "A" facebook group or "B" forum to ask ppl to exchange friend codes.

They're just going to make Sonic and Diddy worse while they ignore Rosalina and give Shiek a slap on the wrist like every other update.

In Brawl I always used Toon Link, nowadays I almost never use him. Reason is a mix of normal Link being way better this time around and me being sick of Toon Link as a design.

Though, my main is Ness.

i just want T.Link to be buffed....is that so much to ask?

My friend and I been playing more team matches in For Glory mode and it's been relatively fun so far. I wish they would add a party up system or something so my friend and I who arent playing on the same console can team up and search for a 2v2 match without having to go on "A" facebook group or "B" forum to ask ppl to exchange friend codes.

Toon Link's already a quite potent fighter as is in this game. Even though his down air is less useful than it was in Brawl I still love playing as Toon. I think that a future patch should make his aerials link better into one another but that's the only real complaint I have.

Things I want to happen in the next patch: 

- Hit the unholy trinity (Sheik, Rosalina, ZSS) with more nerfs pls. 

- Buff either Mewtwo's weight or power so he actually stands a chance against most characters. 

- Nerf Link's power just a bit on his normals/tilts

- Buff Meta Knight's range. I know they fixed his sword trails so it's actually accurate to the hitbox but his sword not having enough range was the main problem. 

- Make Roy's recovery a tad less shit? please? same for Diddy

- Please god help poor Samus. Like I don't even know where to start with that shit 

- Remove Lucario from the game. 

- Buff glorious godqueen Lucina into top tier pls 

• Thumbs Up 2

Things I want to happen in the next patch: 

- Hit the unholy trinity (Sheik, Rosalina, ZSS) with more nerfs pls. 

- Buff either Mewtwo's weight or power so he actually stands a chance against most characters. 

- Nerf Link's power just a bit on his normals/tilts

- Buff Meta Knight's range. I know they fixed his sword trails so it's actually accurate to the hitbox but his sword not having enough range was the main problem. 

- Make Roy's recovery a tad less shit? please? same for Diddy

- Please god help poor Samus. Like I don't even know where to start with that shit 

- Remove Lucario from the game. 

- Buff glorious godqueen Lucina into top tier pls 

I agree with everything except them buffing Roy/Diddy's recovery. Roy's has more horizontal distance than Marth's instead of vertical, so it's an equal tradeoff. Roy's not much of an air fighter. Diddy's recovery is better than it was in Brawl too, so yeah.

I tried to give Lucario a chance but I felt like he was holding me back. Even though his Aura's buffed his smash attacks are sooo sluggish for his type of character. Plus considering how relatively weak he is at low percents, it's really risky for Lucario to really become a true powerhouse over 100% where he's not even bound to survive for long.

Edited by Felix

I agree with everything except them buffing Roy/Diddy's recovery. Roy's has more horizontal distance than Marth's instead of vertical, so it's an equal tradeoff. Roy's not much of an air fighter. Diddy's recovery is better than it was in Brawl too, so yeah.

It's not the height that's the problem. It's that they're too easy to knock out of the sky. 

It's not the height that's the problem. It's that they're too easy to knock out of the sky. 

That's understandable. Diddy's recovery is easy to gimp either up close or from a distance, projectiles are his worst enemy whenever he's on his jetpack.

If somebody needs their recovery improved it's Dr. Mario's. It's fucking abysmal, it almost makes Little Mac's recovery look good.

Honestly incredible.

That reminds me, I fought the best Little Mac ever in For Glory a week or so ago. Of the 8 or 9 times I fought him, I beat him once. I've been told I can read people really well, but this time I couldn't predict what he was going to do at all. Like... Whoa. He wasn't as good as other characters but seriously he was insane as Little Mac.

Of course I'm not really a pro at Smash or anything but GOD