Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

How the fuck did that Mewtwo glitch get past Nintendo? Next thing you know the Lucas DLC makes the game crash whenever you reach Master Fortress

How the fuck did that Mewtwo glitch get past Nintendo? Next thing you know the Lucas DLC makes the game crash whenever you reach Master Fortress

Getting patched.

But yeah, holy shit, how did this happen

Ahh, thankfully I'm not antsy for this patch to get released ASAP because I only played a few rounds of offline Smash with Mewtwo in both versions before going back to some other games I've been playing, but if I was currently playing Smash now I'd be a lot more pissy about it. First the data corruption issue when the game came out (which I understand was a problem with the Wii U and not actually the game itself) and this; I'm getting pretty fucking paranoid to even touch this game now.

I'm getting pretty fucking paranoid to even touch this game now.

I heard that if you chant a certain sentence 3 times, the game will actually burst into flames, come to life, and eat your dog.

In all seriousness I was paranoid for a while as well. I always go to the Wii U menu before turning the console off. I just... Eugh, it's so anxiety inducing too.

Would it surprise me if a future update just completely wiped all save data? The answer is not entirely

I've had no issues* fingers crossed* I've used mewtwo in smash run classic and all star. But thing js I've yet to beat the game with all fighters so I'm probably in the clear.

Oh man, N64 Dream Land on 3DS would be a pretty great addition.  It'd also appeal to me on some tiny obsessive level that N64 Kongo Jungle on Wii U would no longer be this standalone anomaly.

Also means 3DS gets to revoke it's title of "first and only Smash game with no Gourmet Race theme" even if like Wii U, it's the return of an old one.  =U

While I'd prefer new stages though, 3DS is in desperate need of a few more balanced stages for casual play, and playing on N64 stages again is a little more exotic than Melee/Brawl stages at least (which most of the stages with no majorly intrusive gimmicks on 3DS are).

I could do without N64 Dreamland. Give me Peach's Castle or Planet Zebes, dammit. =V

But Metroid's already got a recycled level with rising lava on 3DS. 

I'd love for the Wii U version to have an HD remake of Peach's Castle though. That would be amazing. 

I'm still waiting for Fountain of Dreams HD. T_T

But really I just hope we're getting new stages, period. The new music supposedly added in the patch gives me hope, but who knows.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be really honest I kinda want to see Saffron City again as split as people are when it comes to opinions on it, it just always felt special to me

But yeah I hope this is a sign we have new stages to come.

I'm still waiting for Fountain of Dreams HD. T_T

But really I just hope we're getting new stages, period. The new music supposedly added in the patch gives me hope, but who knows.

Fountain of Dreams look absolutely gorgeous in HD. Even if it's just really Battlefield in terms of layout it was one of my most loved stages from Melee, and it getting a re-imagining in Smash 4 can lead to so many sumptuous visuals.

come on guys

the REAL stage that needs to be remastered is Super Mario Bros 2 from Melee

remember how fun it was to smack Birdo off the screen again and again and again

you know you want it

(no but seriously that's my favorite stage of all time. nintendo please)

• Thumbs Up 3

We need a Street Fighter stage with an orchestral version of Guile's theme. Then the memes will finally be free.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fountain of Dreams HD pls. And Pokéfloats. I LOVE Pokéfloats and I would jump for joy if it returned!

• Thumbs Up 2

I really want Mushroom Kingdom 64 to come back. That's always been my favorite of the retro Mario stages

• Thumbs Up 2

I really want Mushroom Kingdom 64 to come back. That's always been my favorite of the retro Mario stages

Yeah, that was another great one. At least, it was way better than Melee's version; the Melee version was too cluttered.

Or the Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64. That was great too.

I still think having a high-definition version of N64 Hyrule Castle and Mushroom Kingdom would be pretty cool.

Bring back Saffron City with more Pokemon. Or at least include Pokemon obstacles in Lumiose.

I wanna see Yveltal shooting death beams at people.

breaking the stage talk for a moment I think they've upped the chances of picking up a trophy you don't already have. Whenever the trophy shop refreshes on 3DS I've been finding one trophy I don't already have every time, compared to before the update where it was like, a 1 out of 20 chance by the point I was at (around 630 trophies in my possesion) that I'd find one I didn't have.

If this is true I'm reeeeaally happy. 

I don't know about you guys, but having the Poke Floats music available without the stage itself always felt unusually empty to me. It's kinda like how I felt with The Fountain of Dreams theme being in Brawl's Green Greens stage--the overall presentation for both stages are just too different for it to gel right.

At what point did we jump to talking about past stages? In all honest I dont want any more past stages if we get stage dlc. Especially on the 3ds. Fox, Yoshi, DK , Wario and Sonic desperate need new stage on this version.