Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

At any rate, I voted for Inklings

*Fist bumps*

I voted Inklings but I'd be ok with Shovel Knight, Shantae, an Advanced Wars Rep or a new Metroid rep, even if it's Dark Samus.

Oh and Banjo Kazooie!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah um

I dunno about you but if even Ridley and Dark Samus weren't considered for playable slots, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any of a series of minibosses that only showed up twice each in a single spinoff title. Hell, I used to support Sylux and I'm still baffled that anyone honestly think he stands to show up in anything higher than trophy form.

I voted Isaac but Inkling, Ice Climbers and even Shantae I'm cool with. Banjo and Kazooie would be amazing but Duck Hunt plays almost like a Banjo Kazooie duo so I don't know.

Actually, I'll vote again on the Smash ballot, but this time for Inkling. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I don't expect another Metroid rep. Samus and ZSS are fine. But I'm just saying who I want, no matter how unlikely.

For the longest time, I was completely apathetic to the idea of Pacman being put in the game. I thought his design was boring and I didn't think they'd be able to anything interesting with him. I also have a friend who actively didn't want Marth to come back because he wanted other Fire Emblem characters.

Now? I play Pacman and Marth is one of my friend's mains. Both of us felt like idiots for counting those characters out. 

I'm not trying to police the thread and say you aren't entitled to your own opinions, but let's try and keep an open mind, eh? We shouldn't be going "grr, I hate this character, forever. I could never get excited by this" because stranger things have happened. You might be surprised. And even if you don't end up liking whoever gets in, getting invested in this stuff is gonna make you that much saltier if they do. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Come on Solly you know I keep an open mind for everyone, since I felt the same way about the Pac-Man rumours lol.

Unless it's for K.Rool of course, I don't think my stance will change on that ugly piece of green shit.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think it's hilarious how people either mysteriously adore K. Rool or are just flat-out disgusted with no in-betweens. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I voted for the Ice Climbers and Snake, from different devices. I'd honestly put priority on Vets over newcomers, myself... I'm pretty satisfied with the Smash cast. That said, these are the newcomers I'd care about the most:

Shantae.

Shovel Knight.

Banjo and Kazooie.

Simon Belmont.

Bomberman.

Of those, I feel that none are super likely. I'd be pleasantly surprised if proven wrong.

Edit: Also, I am pretty indifferent to K. Rool. I do want another DK character, and would prefer a villain, but I'd be okay with Dixie or Cranky Kong basically just as much if not moreso than K. Rool.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I'd rather they put Shovel Knight in instead of some ugly ass fat croc with a cracked eye.

#ForShovlery!

U wot m8

1v1 me in Smash 3DS 

I'll Kroc your world.

But in all fairness, Shovel Knight probably does have the best chance of all third-party candidates. And given the amazing things I've heard about his game, I'd be willing to give him a try.

Oh, and K. Rool's still the most-requested newcomer.

Just sayin'. :P

Shovel Knight is never going to happen, his game hasn't even released in Japan. I'd love him but his chances are practically zero. The only third party with any sort of chance is Banjo, who still is incredibly unlikely since I can't see Nintendo advertising for a direct competitor. I guess Rayman would have a shot if people actually voted for him... :<

Pacman and Robin were two characters I didn't want in the game. Now that it's out they're two of my favorites, so I know to keep an open mind by now.

I just...do not understand the appeal of K Rool from any angle. Even as a big fan of Donkey Kong Country I never thought he was anything special. 

His final smash should be either Wonderwing, or T-rex transformation to be honest.

I think it's hilarious how people either mysteriously adore K. Rool or are just flat-out disgusted with no in-betweens. 

Meh, I'm honestly on the middle for this. I wouldn't mind having him, but there are others I care for more as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Everyone else go home

CCJ16kzW0AAtDaC.jpg

Banjo got dis.

Honestly, I would love this to happen, but unless something happened with the Banjo rights(even retro ones are unlikely... even though you would think Microsoft would realize by now most of his fanbase is on Nintendo... along with most of the classic Rare fans) I just don't see it happening

K. Rool had movesets posted before and after the game was released.

Yep, there are several hundred unique and varying ones out there... and a few jokingly made because of the accusations of K.Rool being a Bowser 'Clone'

Honestly, I would love this to happen, but unless something happened with the Banjo rights(even retro ones are unlikely... even though you would think Microsoft would realize by now most of his fanbase is on Nintendo... along with most of the classic Rare fans) I just don't see it happening

Why not though? Nintendo has secured Megaman, Pac-Man, Sonic and even Snake in the past. They could get Banjo if they wanted. Microsoft would just take it as free advertising. 

Yep, there are several hundred unique and varying ones out there... and a few jokingly made because of the accusations of K.Rool being a Bowser 'Clone'

I dunno about several hundred, but I've definitely seen a few.

How many that are tweeted by Playtonic themselves though, none, that's how many.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone else go home

CCJ16kzW0AAtDaC.jpg

Banjo got dis.

Honestly, this looks pretty generic. I don't want to be all "x character has no moveset potential and would never work" but if this is the best Banjo has to offer in regards to gameplay (and I honestly don't think it is) then meh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, remember that it's still Microsoft we're dealing with: even if Banjo gets in, he will probably have something related to Nuts 'n Bolts as his final smash.

Guys, remember that it's still Microsoft we're dealing with: even if Banjo gets in, he will probably have something related to Nuts 'n Bolts as his final smash.

Like building a helicopter and just using it like Snake's and ZSS' final smash? Or being fat Banjo?

The horror! D: