Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If Isaac ever got into Smash it'd definitely be his younger self. That's the Isaac who's the protagonist after-all, and was the main character of the original (and most popular) Golden Sun saga.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, in regards to K.Rool's this popped up, and I thought it would be fun to share as it has every version of him on it, and a fan design in center that most agree is the current ideal idea of a design for him

nJypJtD.jpg

Honestly, its still subjective, but that center fan design is a pretty cool one

That Smash Bros. "who did you vote for" poll from the other day got too popular and had to be removed from SurveyMonkey, it's being done on GoogleDocs instead for the time being so if you wanna take the poll you'll need a Google Account.

The results from the other day were actually kinda skewed aswell as different communities (Reddit, SmashBoards, and GameFAQs) have different tastes, so the creator (TheNerdyOne_ on SmashBoards) put together a top28, averaged from the top performing characters on each site. So for example while Shovel Knight may be winning by far on Reddit, his overall standing across multiple sites is 7th.

Here's a pic of the top28 so far.

29acc56118ca4738de3926f35d885810.png

Remember, this is just a poll asking people who they voted for. It's only indicative of English-speaking regions and communities and even then most people who voted in the Ballot have not voted in this poll too, only those who are active in those 3 communities enough to notice this poll.

Still, from this poll alone it seems like King K. Rool and Isaac are doing really well.

The main problem for K. Rool or Isaac voters would indeed be if it came to be that only one vote per IP counted. A lot of peoples votes for those characters would probably count for nothing if that's the case (and a lot of people think it is).

EDIT: Oh yeah also thanks to a couple members posting this in Status Updates but it's confirmed that third party characters are up for consideration.

• Thumbs Up 1

tomba_2.jpg

You know what you must do, internet.

The prodigal son must return.

Oh, he'll be in when this guy returns:

120510_ttbe_klonoa_featured.jpg

But I'm glad to hear that a lot of third party companies have taken notice into many Smash fans wanting their characters to be in the game! I would love to see Nintendo do a collaboration with Konami or Microsoft to bring a treasured character onto the roster.

That Smash Bros. "who did you vote for" poll from the other day got too popular and had to be removed from SurveyMonkey, it's being done on GoogleDocs instead for the time being so if you wanna take the poll you'll need a Google Account.

The results from the other day were actually kinda skewed aswell as different communities (Reddit, SmashBoards, and GameFAQs) have different tastes, so the creator (TheNerdyOne_ on SmashBoards) put together a top28, averaged from the top performing characters on each site. So for example while Shovel Knight may be winning by far on Reddit, his overall standing across multiple sites is 7th.

Here's a pic of the top28 so far.

Remember, this is just a poll asking people who they voted for. It's only indicative of English-speaking regions and communities and even then most people who voted in the Ballot have not voted in this poll too, only those who are active in those 3 communities enough to notice this poll.

Still, from this poll alone it seems like King K. Rool and Isaac are doing really well.

The main problem for K. Rool or Isaac voters would indeed be if it came to be that only one vote per IP counted. A lot of peoples votes for those characters would probably count for nothing if that's the case (and a lot of people think it is).

EDIT: Oh yeah also thanks to a couple members posting this in Status Updates but it's confirmed that third party characters are up for consideration.

both K.rool and Wolf higher than Shovel Knight

absolutely disgusting

• Thumbs Up 9

both K.rool and Wolf higher than Shovel Knight

absolutely disgusting

Considering the fact that both of them are major recurring NINTENDO characters (doesn't matter that K. Rool hasn't appeared recently; the fact is he's been a major recurring character for a long time), and Shovel Knight is a very recent Indie character... why on earth are people so surprised about this?

And honestly I don't think Shovel Knight is really that interesting, either. The game concept is ok but as a character he's kind of generic. Granted, Isaac is generic as well, though Isaac being highly promoted is more for his potential and the fact that he's the main Golden Sun character you think of. Plus the massive potential his moveset has.

And K. Rool... I won't bother commenting on since most people here don't really understand how entertaining his character is. But he's certainly got far more of a personality than most of the main options right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's nice to see the Inklings make it near the top of that poll (especially when I doubt that Snake or Ridley have much of a chance), even if it only represents a small part of the fanbase. They're the perfect choice for me, mostly because their paint would offer something unique in that it allows them to both manipulate and traverse the environment (and character transformations are always super satisfying to perform). And of course they look awesome and have male and female skins available.

They also have a genuinely good chance to get in, given that Splatoon is a new franchise and as such could do with a good slice of prrrromotion.

I'm amazed at how many people are voting for Ridley when Sakurai has stated multiple times that he's never going to be in the game.

Honestly though, what in the world is an inkling?

I'm amazed at how many people are voting for Ridley when Sakurai has stated multiple times that he's never going to be in the game.

He is the game though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Honestly though, what in the world is an inkling?

inklings-splatoon.jpg

The squid/human protagonists from Splatoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering the fact that both of them are major recurring NINTENDO characters (doesn't matter that K. Rool hasn't appeared recently; the fact is he's been a major recurring character for a long time), and Shovel Knight is a very recent Indie character... why on earth are people so surprised about this?

And honestly I don't think Shovel Knight is really that interesting, either. The game concept is ok but as a character he's kind of generic. Granted, Isaac is generic as well, though Isaac being highly promoted is more for his potential and the fact that he's the main Golden Sun character you think of. Plus the massive potential his moveset has.

If you seriously don't think Shovel Knight has any moveset potential, then you need to play Shovel Knight. He doesn't fight with just the shovel you know.

And K. Rool... I won't bother commenting on since most people here don't really understand how entertaining his character is. But he's certainly got far more of a personality than most of the main options right now.

To me, K Rool never really had much that seperated him from the villains you find in the recent Donkey Kong Country games aside from seniority, and this is coming from someone who played those games when they were younger. I mean, I guess he looks less unhinged than most villains but that's about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Less unhinged!? Dude have you seen that cracked eye he has, he looks ready to murder somebody for god sakes!

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay you make a good point, but consider this: Shovel Knight

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay you make a good point, but consider this: Shovel Knight

Eh, I think Shantae would be better, she has a long solid series, with a strong history with Nintendo(most of her games were originally exclusives), has a number of diverse options over multiple games that can contribute to a moveset, and is a pretty unique character... Shovel Knight is a Knight with a shovel, who has a single game with no loyalty or friendship with Nintendo(not even an exclusive bonus like both the Xbone and PS version)

Though, they are also both third party :P if we go third party, don't be forgetting Bomberman and Simon Belmont, who both have super long relationships with Nintendo, and are true icons

Eh, I think Shantae would be better, she has a long solid series, with a strong history with Nintendo(most of her games were originally exclusives), has a number of diverse options over multiple games that can contribute to a moveset, and is a pretty unique character... Shovel Knight is a Knight with a shovel, who has a single game with no loyalty or friendship with Nintendo(not even an exclusive bonus like both the Xbone and PS version)

Though, they are also both third party :P if we go third party, don't be forgetting Bomberman and Simon Belmont, who both have super long relationships with Nintendo, and are true icons

I suggest everyone who thinks Shovel Knight has no potential for a moveset actually go and play Shovel Knight before they say anything. He literally has a dozen weapons/items he uses aside from the Shovel. Seriously, making a moveset for him would actually be fairly simple.

• Thumbs Up 4

I suggest everyone who thinks Shovel Knight has no potential for a moveset actually go and play Shovel Knight before they say anything. He literally has a dozen weapons/items he uses aside from the Shovel. Seriously, making a moveset for him would actually be fairly simple.

Ya, but would it be iconic? Would be anything that isn't achievable by someone else? Any character has a moveset, heck PONG has a moveset, but honestly Shovel Knight really hasn't done anything outside of a single, competent game, which Shantae and Bomberman have plenty of. People are going to vote for who they want, but just saying in my eyes Shantae is above Shovel Knight in the indie arena in multiple respects. And that's without going into third party in general, or heck the remaining icons and classics from Nintendo's own vaults that have been overlooked and forgotten

I don't think we're limited to just Nintendo characters. As people have said, the actual ballot says "video-game character." 

The Nintendo Facebook page exists for promotional purposes, and gushing about Nintendo all the time. It makes sense that they'd say 'Nintendo character,' because Nintendo is all they talk about there. Plus, I think such an important rule would've been stated on the official site, because they have to know that not everyone is going to read their social media, right?

With that said, third party characters are probably treated as much lower priority suggestions, so people are gonna have to prove that they really want them. 

Well then in that case the character I want in smash still has a chance... maybe.... a very super low one..... and i'm probably the only one who's thinking of her -.-

I did not have an after-school special style change of heart for Pac-Man just to be slapped in the face with Bowser K. Lone. Stop it internet. Stop it this instant or you'll not get desert.

Ya, but would it be iconic? Would be anything that isn't achievable by someone else? Any character has a moveset, heck PONG has a moveset, but honestly Shovel Knight really hasn't done anything outside of a single, competent game, which Shantae and Bomberman have plenty of. People are going to vote for who they want, but just saying in my eyes Shantae is above Shovel Knight in the indie arena in multiple respects. And that's without going into third party in general, or heck the remaining icons and classics from Nintendo's own vaults that have been overlooked and forgotten

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, honestly with how much moveset potential he has shovel knight would be a pretty good character. That said though, I'd rather have someone else like klonoa or ray 01 (as unlikely as those are) over shovel knight since its a bit too much of an obvious choice and while I did like the game I didn't really think it was the end all be all of platformers like many had been praising it for.

Eh, I will admit that they'd have to take quite a few liberties with his abilities to get Shovel Knight a full moveset. He's got some obvious choices, like using relics for specials and the shovel drop for his down air, but otherwise it's a bit like if you were trying to kit out Megaman for Smash...but only using moves from MM2.

That said, I do think they could find plenty of interesting things to do with him if they did decide to include him. Super-bouncy chaos spheres, dropping the fishing rod's anchor like Villager's bowling ball, maybe even some fun stuff with the mobile gear.

• Thumbs Up 3

Out of the ones voted for, Banjo-Kazooie's the only one I really want. Shit, already have the moves that are in the games almost perfectly able to be translated over to Smash.

I guess K-Rool would be cool, too. Always down for more villain rep.

Also wanted Eggman, but god knows there's an even slimmer chance of him getting in before Shadow, Tails, or Knuckles.