Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

All I payed attention to was her heels and how they're kicking some ass. So, I never noticed anything about Zero Suit Samus and her overall design. However, I must also ask why Sakurai/Whoever is taking many subjective shots of Samus in those certain angles?

The suspiciously voyeuristic screenshots are something I will agree on.  One or two I expect, I mean there are some dramatic angles and poses that will just look sexy regardless, but there's no reason the one Discoid posted there wouldn't have shown off the pose just as well from a side angle.

To avert from the ZSS discussion, new 'leak' yo:

Blqd8CvCUAAcVNH.jpg

I'm not convinced, though props to this guy for making one of the more convincing leaks I've seen in a while.

Blqd8CvCUAAcVNH.jpg

I'm not convinced, though props to this guy for making one of the more convincing leaks I've seen in a while.

Hm... It does seem a little legit I guess. Although some people have been pros at Photoshopping these "leaks." I gotta admit, this does seem pretty impressive.

Blqd8CvCUAAcVNH.jpg

Some of the art is bogus. That Wario is from Brawl, for example.

Also Chrom's name, in the Japanese version, is spelled "Krom."

lovely UI though

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Ice Climbers just "Ice Climber" in Japan?

This too. 

Blqd8CvCUAAcVNH.jpg

oh we've been talking about that on gonintendo forum since yesterday evening, its totaly fake, especialy considering the amount of fighters and no additional new comers

Some of the art is bogus. That Wario is from Brawl, for example.

Also Chrom's name, in the Japanese version, is spelled "Krom."

lovely UI though

Aye the Wario art caught my attention as well.  However, I believe Chrom would still be spelt Chrom.  If they had their Japanese names, Marth would be Marusu and Ike would be Aiku which of course is not the case in Melee or Brawl.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Ice Climbers just "Ice Climber" in Japan?

This is true actually (or at least that's definitely the case in Brawl).  As you can see here

super-smash-bros-brawl-japanese-characte

Aye the Wario art caught my attention as well.  However, I believe Chrom would still be spelt Chrom.  If they had their Japanese names, Marth would be Marusu and Ike would be Aiku which of course is not the case in Melee or Brawl.

Wouldn't Chrom be Kuromu, then?

Although looking at it, Krom might have been a bad attempt at fan translation that got really popular which is why I'm seeing people say it's his JP name, haha. 

The "READY TO FIGHT" text also obscures the names of the fighters on the fourth row. Bad text placement/design.

The "READY TO FIGHT" text also obscures the names of the fighters on the fourth row. Bad text placement/design.

Not really, considering everyone's already picked their characters by the time this text appears. 

66836-Super_Smash_Bros._Melee_(Europe)_(

Melee covered more. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If that's the final roster that's disappointing. I guess we'll find out soon, but we've barely got any new characters whatsoever. The past two games had far more new characters.

Hey you guys, I just realized, every nintendo series with a minigame in NL has a rep, except 2, one of which(balloon fight) does have a stage and a little rep being a recovery move for villager.... perhaps there is more than just a small chance of Takamaru being playable after all...

oh and this is his most recent appearance, in Samurai warriors 3

175px-Takamaru_SW3.png

and the artwork from the original game
75px-Takamaru.png

could be kinda intersting, and would get the japanese fanbase to be quiet about not enough japanese reps. though I would hope they would go for samurai tools more than just a sword moveset, we dont need another pure swordsman

If that's the final roster that's disappointing. I guess we'll find out soon, but we've barely got any new characters whatsoever. The past two games had far more new characters.

Yeah, though if this is real (which I don't think it is since the character select screens normally only use the face for characters on the icons and not a whole body picture) it could be before everyone is unlocked.

Blqd8CvCUAAcVNH.jpg

Totally fake, some of the portraits looks off and seem to be using the Brawl models for some of the characters.

I like how the character select look though. 

oh we've been talking about that on gonintendo forum since yesterday evening, its totaly fake, especialy considering the amount of fighters and no additional new comers

The amount of fighters is 39. That's the same amount of total characters as in Brawl (if you count switchables). I'm also having a hard time finding a lot of those artworks. Falco, there's an artwork I've found that's very similar, but still different. Captain Falcon, Chrom, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf's artworks all look brand new. Jigglypuff and Wario look identical to past games, and Mr. Game and Watch also looks new.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think its legit.

EDIT: I'm not sure. I still can't find half the artworks in that. Faking about eight artworks or so? I find that hard to believe. Maybe it is, I dunno. The UI looks good, though. Admittedly, I think they would zoom in on the faces, so that throws me off.

I wouldn't be too fussed if that was the final roster, honestly. Not every new Smash Bros game needs to add 15 new characters. Plus, this set of newcomers is the most unique we've ever had. 

Hell, for all we know that might just be the starting lineup and the unlockable characters aren't displaying yet.

The amount of fighters is 39. That's the same amount of total characters as in Brawl (if you count switchables). I'm also having a hard time finding a lot of those artworks. Falco, there's an artwork I've found that's very similar, but still different. Captain Falcon, Chrom, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf's artworks all look brand new. Jigglypuff and Wario look identical to past games, and Mr. Game and Watch also looks new.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think its legit.

There is a program called "Brawl Box" where you can make hacks and such but there is a feature where you can pose models.

The leaker probably used the "Smash 3" hack ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=18108&Moderated=All ), open the model up in Brawl Box, pose them, taken a screen shot, and add it to photoshop.

It's definitely fake, guys. Just look at Wario.

wario_071224b-l.jpg

Blitz also already mentioned that Ice Climbers are just Ice Climber in Japan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a program called "Brawl Box" where you can make hacks and such but there is a feature where you can pose models.

The leaker probably used the "Smash 3" hack ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=18108&Moderated=All ), open the model up in Brawl Box, pose them, taken a screen shot, and add it to photoshop.

Alright, that's better. In that case, the only real new render is Chrom, who most people are expecting to replace Ike anyway, so the leak is nothing special and nothing anyone isn't already expecting. People would hate this leak, though, because it literally is just the Brawl roster with a couple of replaced characters.

In fact, yeah, comparing the characters together, the new ones look significantly better than the new returning characters. That Chrom render is the only thing throwing me off, but one render can be generated far easier.

Thanks for the clarification, now I feel better again and await Sakurai debunk this by announcing Ike. :P (FYI, I wouldn't be surprised if Ike does get replaced by Chrom, but at the same time, I don't think Ike will get replaced.)

Meta Knight looks really stupid without his cape

You can't see Meta Knight's cape in every pose. Take a look at this one:

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/b/b5/Metaknight1.jpg

Source: http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl_-_WII/Meta_Knight

Unless that's an alt or something... and on that note, that pretty much debunks this whole thing, as this model looks IDENTICAL to the "render" used for Meta Knight in the above character select screen.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's definitely not an alt. Does he just not show off his cape in-game except in certain circumstances? I don't see his cape at all in any of these shots on that Wiki Cheats page, except for the render at the top.

His cape and his wings are actually one and the same, in canon and in Smash. His cape will form into his wings if Meta Knight's dashing, double jumping, or performing his Mach Tornado or Shuttle Loop.

Only reason Meta Knight looks weird with his wings in that picture is because we're so accustomed to cape!Meta Knight by this point.

So I was talking about this in the statuses, but I noticed that Link out of everyone probably has the most potential for alternates, since there are many iterations of him. What do you think would be the best or coolest alt to see for him? Personally I'd love to see either Zora Link or Ordon Village Link used, while for Toon Link, either Deku Link or Link Between Worlds Link.

So I was talking about this in the statuses, but I noticed that Link out of everyone probably has the most potential for alternates, since there are many iterations of him. What do you think would be the best or coolest alt to see for him? Personally I'd love to see either Zora Link or Ordon Village Link used, while for Toon Link, either Deku Link or Link Between Worlds Link.

Zora Link and Deku Link would be REALLY hard to pull off. I could see literally every alternate outfit for Link available as alts, same with Toon Link. In the case of Toon Link, though, his model is very different. They'd have to design an entirely new model for variations of Toon Link that are basically just Young Link, and it wouldn't look the same at all.

I could see Train Conductor Link and New Clothes Link as alts for Toon Link (in fact, Train Conductor Link is highly likely why Alfonzo replaces Toon Link as the Train Conductor; if its an alt of Toon Link he could definitely get mistaken). Deku Link and LBW Link (whom is really just a variant of Young Link anyway) would be harder to pull off due to severe model differences. Toon Link could also have Ezlo from Minish Cap, as Minish Cap's Link really IS Toon Link, as well.

On the other hand, regular Link can have Zora Armor, Gold Armor, Ordon Clothes, and Skyloft Clothes as alts. Perhaps even a direct "black" alt based on the original Dark Link. Designs based on Ravio or Kafei are also somewhat plausible; Kafei has the same model as Link after all.

I'd also suggest Oni Link / Fierce Deity Link, but really, I think that'd be a good Final Smash for regular Link instead, as a nod to Majora's Mask. It'd certainly be better than Triforce Slash which isn't based on any attack in the Zelda series at all. And Toon Link should probably have Hurricane Slash as well.