Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yeah, too bad that Goku is a freaking anime/manga character, not originating himself from a videogame: it's like asking to put movie characters like Bill & Ted or Beetlejuice just because LJN made NES games about them.

Not really.

At one point during the lead up to Brawl, Sakurai put out a pair of rules for viable third party character suggestions.  One of those rules was that the character in question had to have originated in video games.  There's no good reason to believe that Sakurai has changed his stance on this.

I can barely remember what I have for breakfast on most days; recalling an interview from Sakurai during the build up to Brawl isn't happening. :P

It's doubtful he's changed his stance then.

But the whole point on them is to test your luck and see what you get, just there's a tiny chance that it's actually a bomb.

Luck-based items in a competitive game are already bad enough when they don't explode at complete random. I can accept it when the contents of a capsule are random, because well, the items themselves are dropped randomly with or without one anyway so at least there's some consistency in that regard, but whether or not you can actually kill someone with it shouldn't have to be a crapshoot. That's literally the worst kind of luck.

Luck-based items in a competitive game are already bad enough when they don't explode at complete random. I can accept it when the contents of a capsule are random, because well, the items themselves are dropped randomly with or without one anyway so at least there's some consistency in that regard, but whether or not you can actually kill someone with it shouldn't have to be a crapshoot. That's literally the worst kind of luck.

a random center is an explosive!

But the whole point on them is to test your luck and see what you get, just there's a tiny chance that it's actually a bomb.

You can turn off every other possible outcome, you should at least be able to turn off the chance of an explosion.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I throw every capsule at my enemies without exception (the only bad thing that can really result from it is a starman popping out straight into their face), so I fucking love it when they explode.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

Yeah, my very first instinct is to just throw it at somebody, why would you wanna throw it on the ground when you can smash someones face with it?

Yeah, my very first instinct is to just throw it at somebody, why would you wanna throw it on the ground when you can smash someones face with it?

Because other players can catch them or pop them mid-flight, for one thing. =V

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not just jump and throw it to the ground?

While this is a viable option as it stands in Brawl right now, I still believe it should be possible to safely pop a capsule on the spot, explosive capabilities or no. Maybe just have your character open it in their hands and instantly equip the item inside if they try to throw it at the ground point blank. It would certaintly save a lot of time and guesswork.

Capsules, Crates, and Party Bombs all explode...there's a more likely chance of them exploding with fewer and fewer items turned on. For a capsule, its of the higher chance that the player's instinct will be to use it as a projectile weapon and not just throw it at the ground to open it. There shouldn't be any expectation of an explosion when its thrown, because its random and the capsule is strong enough to kill at 50% or higher without it. Also unless you're using Heavier items like bombs(or Crates), hitting it with a Charged shot, use or reflecting it the Capsule can't really stopped mid flight.

It's like mario kart, gotta be lucky with your items and know how to use them and dodge them. 

I like the thrill were anything can happen at any given moment, thats why I love Mario kart and Smash bros. 

It looks cool, the effects certainly do make the shot seem more interesting than something shot from either Brawl or Melee...I like that. It also reminds me of the Marth vs. M.K. scene in SSE just a bit.

Because other players can catch them or pop them mid-flight, for one thing. =V

Having never encountered such a happening, I assume "throw every capsule at an enemy" is very much not something that a competitive player would do lol.

I think item box explosions should just be there as a setting on the Item Switch menu.

You would actually be surprised at how little people manage to catch the capsule, only a few I know of do it (including me if im not out of range) but half the time most just get hit or dodge it if I catch them off guard and by the time the item comes up im already near them to hit the other person out of the way and pick it up.

Edited by MegasonicZX

Having never encountered such a happening, I assume "throw every capsule at an enemy" is very much not something that a competitive player would do lol.

LEL

competitive players play no items because no fun is allowed

• Thumbs Up 3

LEL

...Partial competitive players?  Do those exist?  I don't even know lol.

LEL

Can we maybe not start with this shit.
  • Thumbs Up 3

LEL

Because fun is totally objective ¬_¬

Seriously though, why would we play in a way we don't find fun?

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

2ez4c44.jpg

Newcomer: Condom Link

The bug net is a grappling grab like Link's and Samus's. So hey, after seeing how stupid broke his collecting attack is, it's nice to Villager does have a weakness: long-lasting grab animations. Spotdodge the grab and punish accordingly.

• Thumbs Up 2

The more shit I see from the Villager, the more that fucker creeps me the hell out. Look at those eyes! They scream, RAPPE. That grin....such evil. That condom net......I think I want to main him now.

Quick Question: When was the last time a newcomer was announced?

Sonic?

Some are speculating a character reveal when 3D World comes out.

Rosalina

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1