Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

What.

WHAT.

HOW?! What did he exploit there?!

thought it had something to do with the whirlwinds from those evil cloud dudes, but according to the video description it only works on ice. Apparently you just tap the crouch button and...that's it????

I need to try this later.

I dunno, that's a fair criticism to make. "It's good, but it doesn't manage to live up to it's predecessors". Problem?

Since people are possibly going to focus on the most inoffensive of those cons for 50 pages (what's so bad about wanting something more like the collectathons and being disappointed with the current direction?) , I'm just going to comment on the other criticisms.

Levels often end before they’ve gotten going
I can agree there to an extent. Granted Mario does usually have shorter levels than, say, Sonic, but yeah. Some levels felt like they could go on for longer, especially when they had a cool gimmick or something. That being said, I think the game makes up for it in the fact that pretty much every level is memorable for something.

Boring boss fights

Aw, I liked most of the bosses. The only ones I found boring were Boom Boom and Pom Pom, though they weren't awful or anything, just not as fun as the others.

I dunno, that's a fair criticism to make. "It's good, but it doesn't manage to live up to it's predecessors". Problem?

I get what he's saying by that (I even recall Discoid talking about 3D World not being as jaw-dropping as Galaxy 1 despite it being a great game), but one could argue why he didn't just phrase the criticism likewise ("it's not as stellar/amazing/great/someotheradjectivehere as the Galaxy games.")

Phrasing the criticism as "it's no Galaxy 3" can lead some to interpret him as disliking the game / docking a point from it's score specifically /because/ it's not a third Mario Galaxy entry.

• Thumbs Up 6

thought it had something to do with the whirlwinds from those evil cloud dudes, but according to the video description it only works on ice. Apparently you just tap the crouch button and...that's it????

I need to try this later.

I think its because Crouching on the ice makes you start sliding faster in one direction...I don't know.

Geez, I don't even like mario that much and I can honestly say thats the dumbest reason to dock points off a game. Honestly it doesn't matter if the game isn't something you wanted but docking points because its not even supposed to be like that game in the first place is bad. Heck I would've even accepted the excuse that mario doesn't have a moustache than this one.

Mollfie and I discovered the best thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMoxLTfqFus

I like how peach was like "I'm just hangin'".

Mollfie and I discovered the best thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMoxLTfqFus

Ah, Luigi: he's truly the undisputed King of Courageous Cowards...

• Thumbs Up 1

Reggie already said Year of Luigi is continuing into next year, chill out it's not over for the lean green Bro just yet.

I managed to get 33 seconds in 3-1 pulling off the super speed trick on the ice, My god this is so much fun, I Wish I can record footage to show off but oh well, any one got better times using the cat peach method?

Managed to get 56 seconds on 6-5. That first big shortcut is too hard for me to take so I just went in the pipe from the big jump. and continued trick from there.

It's a shame that there is only 2 Ice levels.

Heh, I just went back to W1-1 because for some reason I've not got the third star on there, and noticed something really cool. Not sure it's much of a spoiler, but just to be on the safe side...

You can actually see the rocket used to get to the special worlds ahead and to the left of where you start.

Nice attention to detail.

• Thumbs Up 2

Freaking figures the two most hyped-up aspects of SM3DW, Peach and Cat Suit, combined make for some of the quickest speed-runs in a Mario game ever.

Finally made it to Champion's Road. It's kicking my ass, as would be expected. Gonna try to complete it as regular Mario first; don't want to finish it thinking I handicapped myself, however slightly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6g9wdiqhI

DarkspinesSonic does it again! It seems that combining the cat suit's dive and Tanooki's hover can lead to some amazing shortcuts.

Im really liking the ability to swap out suits on the fly in this game, it looks like a pretty neat mechanic for this sort of thing and I hope they keep it in later marios.

Im really liking the ability to swap out suits on the fly in this game, it looks like a pretty neat mechanic for this sort of thing and I hope they keep it in later marios.

You could do that in both portable NSMB games and 3D Land so pretty sure it will be in any games that use the classic powerup system.

We've come quite a way from 2007

What's the point? Both games have no relation whatsoever...apart from both of them being Mario games. I find it amazing how Galaxy looks pretty much as good as 3D World, and it wasn't even HD!

I also love how the Star world is basically Super Mario 3D Galaxy.

What's the point? Both games have no relation whatsoever...apart from both of them being Mario games. I find it amazing how Galaxy looks pretty much as good as 3D World, and it wasn't even HD!

Galaxy was a great looking game for sure. 3D world just looks better. Better lighting, better textures, better shaders and so on.

Galaxy was a great looking game for sure. 3D world just looks better. Better lighting, better textures, better shaders and so on.

Well, yeah I expect it to look better. One is HD and one isn't.

The problem with Galaxy is that the game looks gorgeous on a standard tv but on an HD one it's all pixelated and bleh. Sadly, that's how all Wii games are. BUT it's still impressive how good it looks even today.