Awoo.

Biggest surprises from E3

KHCast

As the topic implies, what were the things that you didn't expect to see at E3? what surprised you in happy and bad ways? I'll start:

Okay first of all I'm going to post this

I swear if there was a random KH3 trailer at E3 at some point this week, I would seriously fall back in love with E3!

Next I'm going to post this.

And now my reaction:

tumblr_m913mrJPgA1rucijv.gif

I have been waiting over 7 years for this game. And finally, after all this waiting, I see my dream come true. I literally felt the magic of my childhood for a split second just go through my entire body. I felt tears of happiness come out of my eyes. I have never felt like this in literally AGES! I couldn't ask for anything else from E3. All I needed was this to make me smile for the ret of the week. 

"We'll have more Versus in the future..."

*fading*

Me: "OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING M-"

"In the meantime, have a trailer..."

tumblr_mbai2adbKe1qb457v.gif

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 7

Kingdom Hearts 3 bought me to tears.

The main surprise however, was Sony standing up against Microsoft's terrible policies, when I totally assumed they would be going in the same direction as them.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm going to eco with you guys and say KH 3 and FF Verses making big showings at the Sony conference.  We have seen nothing from Verses for over two years and then we get a brand new trailer for the game as if its coming out next year and right after that we get a beautiful tease at KH 3, no handheld spin-off, a REAL KH game with Disney-like CG level graphics!!!!!!!!!!!

.....Sorry, but its great that we are FINALLY getting theses games rather than waiting forever for them.

I thought another surprise was Insomniac making Sunset Overdrive for the Xbone, was a bit mad about that after  them working with Sony for so long sad.png

Edited by RK64

Microsoft sucking so bad even after they said they were going to 'kill' Sony @ E3.

The end of the Sony Conference. That alone sold the console for me. While the rest of the show was great and being surprised my M.E.2. I have only one thing to say to u.

943587_581057645267259_2026116030_n_zpsc

Edited by Eternal Xtreme
  • Thumbs Up 6

Square Enix really stole the show for me in Sony's E3 conference. I wasn't expecting either FFXV or KH3 and they were wonderful surprises

• Thumbs Up 1

Microsoft sucking so bad even after they said they were going to 'kill' Sony @ E3.

And the even more hilarious irony of this statement once we got around to Sony's historic curbstomping.

Square-Enix dropping the megatons that made Sony's Conference was the biggest surprise.

Edited by Super Mario

Susnset Overdrive. I did not expect to see Insomniac making an Xbox exclusive.

Killer Instinct. I didn't think any of Rare's old IPs would ever be seen again, specially not from a developer who's not Rare...

Microsoft actually showing games. 

Sony's epic "FUCK YOU MICROSOFT" speech on used games.

Just Sony in general being as crazy as they were.

• Thumbs Up 4

Killer Instinct. I didn't think any of Rare's old IPs would ever be seen again, specially not from a developer who's not Rare...

That's something that should have been done ages ago, but Microsoft could have picked a better dev. to make the game rather than the SH: Homecoming guys :(

I feel dumb for asking this. But is Titan fall an X1 exclusive? That would suck balls if it were.

Even though I want to say KH3 or FFXV, I just have to mention THIS.

pp_pvz_gw_logo.png

I mean, me and all my friends were just going into EA's conference just like "yaaay~ sports sports, shooters, and more sports." and then all of a sudden, that parody Battlefield trailer followed by EXTREMELY charming visuals! And then a perfect adaptation of the PvZ formula while retaining the frenetic nature of the original game. As I was sitting there, wondering if this game could get any better...they come out...with this beautiful thing.

6C7819500-pvz.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

DISCO. FUCKING. ZOMBIE.

Bringing this party animal into 3D was extremely glorious. I literally died laughing. and then the boss battle with the garlic drone and carrot strikes...It was a thing of beauty.

EA completely caught me of guard with this one.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel dumb for asking this. But is Titan fall an X1 exclusive? That would suck balls if it were.

Yep.

Yep.

Hope for humanity has now been lost. Oh well. I still have Destiny. Gotta love bungie.

I get the idea that most of EA's output is going to be only on the xbone because they're the ones with the asinine policies, which brings me to my surprise, that Sony wasn't doing the exact same thing.  

Star Wars Battlefront for starters.

And also Kingdom Hearts III.

It's a shame I missed all the conferences except Microsoft's. I thought Microsoft's was good. I hadn't even seen anything of E3 in that conference. As the rest is just amazing.

Of course, Sony just being all around badass in their conference.

One thing that really made me go "FUCK YES!" was the announcement of The Elder Scrolls: Online. Now I know that not many people here play those games, but the reason I'm so hyped is because it was assumed that it would be only coming to PC.

This is pretty much me right now:

tumblr_mfby36aBkW1rv8jpzo1_250.gif

I honestly didn't expect KH III to show up, or at least not here (i thought it would have been announced at this year's TGS).

Stars Battlefront 3 developed by DICE. It will probably be a first person view rather than third person view but still probably the most exciting announcement at E3 this year.

EA did something good for once?ohmy.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

Edited by BW199148

Star Wars Battlefront 3, Mirror's Edge 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 (me and my friends were screaming over skype when that happened, and one of them was actually crying), Final Fantasy Versus IX, the entire Sony conference for just being so awesome and utterly shooting Microsoft again and again, this year's E3 is just incredible! Can't wait for Nintendo!

Kingdom Hearts III and Sony's hits at Microsoft had me genuinely in hysterics (for both different and similar reasons)

I was screaming and almost in tears when Kingdom Hearts III was revealed oh man

And when Sony were talking back against MS I was laughing uncontrollably, the crowd was amazing.