Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

A lot of people also speculate this is hinting at Jasper getting a redemption arc or something 

That's kinda been in the works for a while, pal.

Though the fact they used her instead of Holly Blue or a Diamond is somewhat telling.

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That's kinda been in the works for a while, pal.

How so?

55 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

How so?

Within the show, they gave her a somewhat traumatic backstory/"upbringing," Amethyst acknowledges her as "sis" before bubbling her, and she herself at one point alludes to how Rose tends in Gems after they already feel worthless, albeit immediately refusing to be "manipulated" afterwards.

Outside of the show, she tends to pop up a lot in side drawings and promotional art alongside the Crystal Gems and the Crystal Temps.

Ex.1wJSI3HMk-fsoLMVVTpY1VulFFjB4VJ0W6UvjQLRzl8.jpg

And there's a book about fusion that has a page where she and Lapis are used as examples of how reasons to fuse aren't always right and good, respectively. It's also worth noting that this book also features

Spoiler

the Ruby Squad

for extra context of what this book might say about the series' future as a whole.

Also, Ms. Sugar has said that she would like to see that happen at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch this promo? We're getting more episodes may 5th (April 27th on CN's app aparently)

Although something there doesn't makes sense

Bismuth stated that Rose's sword can cut through the gem's physical form but not the gem itself...so maybe Pearl wasn't aware of this and someone else finished the job for her after she ran away?

2 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Did anyone watch this promo? We're getting more episodes may 5th (April 27th on CN's app aparently)

Although something there doesn't makes sense

Hide contents

Bismuth stated that Rose's sword can cut through the gem's physical form but not the gem itself...so maybe Pearl wasn't aware of this and someone else finished the job for her after she ran away?

Where have you been?

Not The Roundtable, clearly.

Also, spoilery thumbnail is spoilery.

I'm not entirely sure those who create these promos even watch the show honestly...

Last promo: "The answers you've been waiting for..." / What we actually got: A slightly more wordy retelling of a story we've heard several times throughout this show.

This promo: "Steven thought he knew everything about the gems..." / Actually he's known that he really doesn't know the gems or the full story of the rebellion for a fair while now.

Come on guys, sort this out. The only people who could fully believe either promo are new fans and those who have forgotten a thing or two.

Anyway I hope we do indeed get a good chunk of new info this time around since this shows story seems to have been in limbo for some time.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

I'm not entirely sure those who create these promos even watch the show honestly...

Last promo: "The answers you've been waiting for..." / What we actually got: A slightly more wordy retelling of a story we've heard several times throughout this show.

This promo: "Steven thought he knew everything about the gems..." / Actually he's known that he really doesn't know the gems or the full story of the rebellion for a fair while now.

Come on guys, sort this out. The only people who could fully believe either promo are new fans and those who have forgotten a thing or two.

Anyway I hope we do indeed get a good chunk of new info this time around since this shows story seems to have been in limbo for some time.

I sorta get the feeling that might be intentional, as a way to draw in as many viewers as possible by telling them what many want to hear.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:26 PM, DabigRG said:

I sorta get the feeling that might be intentional, as a way to draw in as many viewers as possible by telling them what many want to hear.

Of course, though I don't think this was a wise move with the last promo. The current promo maybe but that depends on how much we get out of the upcoming episodes.

I don't think it was a good move for the last promo because fans have been wanting answers for so long and the show and its story have been in limbo for too long at this point. Getting almost zero answers when we were teased with answers was really annoying to a lot of people. I've seen and experienced this myself. This fandom has gone from being really excited for new info to becoming frustrated with the lack of info during long and regular hiatuses to becoming annoyed at the lack of info. I don't think this series can afford to generate hype and not deliver. The ratings are apparently dropping as is. I don't know much about the episodes aside from the animation process so I don't understand why this show doesn't have a normal schedule.

Like I said though hopefully the hype is worth it this time ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shiroi said:

Of course, though I don't think this was a wise move with the last promo.

No, no it wasn't.

The ratings are apparently dropping as is. I don't know much about the episodes aside from the animation process so I don't understand why this show doesn't have a normal schedule.

Yeah, I saw AwestruckVox's video on that. They need to get a better setup for the CN App's scheduling vs the channel proper's scheduling.

Like I said though hopefully the hype is worth it this time ^^

Well, considering it's two episodes/premises we knew about for quite a while...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2018 at 7:06 PM, Ice Vec said:

April 27th on CN's app aparently

Where was this stated, if I may ask?

i just checked my dvr and apparently there are 3 new episodes set to record about ronaldo (shocker), pearl's phone being lost and.. something else. i forget ;; sorry!

edit: nevermind! it's just 2 episodes. one about ronaldo and the moon and another about pearl's phone being lost. the one about ronaldo is called can't go back, and the second is called a single pale rose. hmm.

Somewhat amazed by the lack of app action. Maybe this one won't be beamed early?

Normally the fan Wiki posts the respective app and TV air dates but there's only one date this time, May 7th. I'm guess that may the the TV air date? If these episodes were going to appear first on the app we'd know by now right?

On 25/04/2018 at 6:27 PM, DabigRG said:

No, no it wasn't.

Yeah, I saw AwestruckVox's video on that. They need to get a better setup for the CN App's scheduling vs the channel proper's scheduling.

Well, considering it's two episodes/premises we knew about for quite a while...

Honestly I'd actually forgotten how much of these episodes we already know about because some of the leaks are so old by this point lol Hoping for some surprises for the latter episode at least ^^ If I remember correctly the majority of what we know relates to the first of these 2 episodes.

10 hours ago, Skye said:

i just checked my dvr and apparently there are 3 new episodes set to record about ronaldo (shocker), pearl's phone being lost and.. something else. i forget ;; sorry!

edit: nevermind! it's just 2 episodes. one about ronaldo and the moon and another about pearl's phone being lost. the one about ronaldo is called can't go back, and the second is called a single pale rose. hmm.

I've learned not to trust episode titles for this show since they often have double meanings lol I'm most curious about the latter episode though. I think at the very least we'll get some wacky antics while they look for Pearls phone and at most a massive Pearl related info dump. This show does not have a middle ground lol

Well.... this happened. 

We have a new official podcast folks. Brace yourselves for 1:15 though! Especially if you don't like potential spoilers. There's some never before seen footage! Which is... heavy to say the least. 

19 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Well.... this happened. 

We have a new official podcast folks. Brace yourselves for 1:15 though! Especially if you don't like potential spoilers. There's some never before seen footage! Which is... heavy to say the least. 

I made the mistake of running my mouse across that time and I sorta wish I didn't.

Why would you put that weird/spoilery clip there?

EDIT: I just noticed, why the heck do they have Meatwad and a miscolored [Adventure Time Cloud person] there?

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Why would you put that weird/spoilery clip there?

It's Cartoon Network we're talking about. They leaked an entire Steven Bomb nearly a month in advance once.

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Well...now I wanna know why did that character returned in those clips

Is that all? XD

33 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Is that all? XD

Well no, but that called my attention with the way and the reason that character was gone

9 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Well no, but that called my attention with the way and the reason that character was gone

Not to mention the inherent real world/behind the scenes reasoning for keeping them away.

11 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Well...now I wanna know why did that character returned in those clips

Dream sequence?

I mean, there must be twenty different ways to create hypothetical illusions in this show and it's in character for

Spoiler

Steven to wish everyone got along. 

Assuming it's not from another non-canon promo short.

10 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

I don't follow the bts of SU all that closely so is this about... (Marked as spoilers just in case some want to avoid what was revealed in that podcast.)

Bismuth's actress being expensive to hire or?

3 hours ago, Nerfuffle said:

Dream sequence?

Considering all the details in the background, the lack of abstract that dreams in that show normally has, the fact that it got taken down, and what Rebecca ha dto say in a now deleted tweet:

9KmzIvn.png

I think it's safe to say that it wasn't a dream we saw.

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Considering all the details in the background, the lack of abstract that dreams in that show normally has, the fact that it got taken down, and what Rebecca ha dto say in a now deleted tweet:

I think it's safe to say that it wasn't a dream we saw.

Well, showing the clip out of context would require damage control regardless of the circumstances, simply because of the reaction to it. Also illusions tend to appear distorted when the audience is supposed to know that they are i.e. Rose's Room.

I dunno, between a moving hype machine and the fact the story would have to go warp speed to get to that point, my lizard brain assumed Ronaldo was involved.

36 minutes ago, Nerfuffle said:

I dunno, between a moving hype machine and the fact the story would have to go warp speed to get to that point, my lizard brain assumed Ronaldo was involved.

Trust me. It's not the first time CN have done something this stupid with Steven Universe before.

Besides. You think they would've taken the video down if it weren't that heavy?