Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

But it DOES though. Eggman/Orbot/Cubot don't look any diffrent than they did in those games.

Really it's just the smaller Deadly Six behind that look rough.

No Sonic game can't be more bland story wise than Generations anyway, so.

Well probably, but I was more saying to not expect anything better then Colours just because the Deadly Six were shown doing something cool in a cutscene. 

What I find interesting (about the trailer) is when the badniks attacked Eggman under the command of the Deadly Six. Aren't the badniks Eggman's creations? So why have the badniks turned on Eggman?

The Six took control of them. Someone said this a while back, and this is the first time we're seeing them do it.

I guess that does explain why Badniks are attacking you in the levels if Eggman spends most of the game on your side and obviously not in control of them.

The cutscene is pretty cool but it would look MUCH better if it had Unleashed-Generations style.

Unleashed's cutscenes are presented differently to Generations' though.  Unleashed's cutscenes looked gorgeous for sure but Generations' cutscenes look comparatively hideous and rather unfinished looking.  Take the cutscene just before Sonic fights silver for example (16 seconds through):

http://youtu.be/bmAmU1_MOiw?t=16s

I refuse to believe this is a well presented, finished cutscene.  There are a lot of fast motions that don't read particularly well due to a lack of motion blur and poorly placed cameras, the cars don't bend or break in any sort of way upon hitting the ground, they just let off some sort of feeble smoke graphic and there's no dust or smoke for when Sonic lands or shoots off for his run.  Barring the animation and the zoomed in shot of Silver it looks ugly for the most part.  And this isn't even an isolated case.  This applies to every cutscene. 

Honestly this Lost World cutscene looks way better than any cutscene in Generations barring that one CGI one before the title screen.  Better camera positioning and movements along with actual depth of field and motion blur.  

And if this is just another complaint regarding the art style, well the argument's been beaten into the ground to be honest and it's rather tiresome so I don't feel like having it.  That's more a matter of taste if anything and we established long ago that this art style isn't to yours.

• Thumbs Up 8

Zavok has my respect now xD Everyone else seem fine and work as a team, but Zavok is just badass! mind-controlling Eggmans badniks, the question is: why didnt he mind-control Orbot and Cubot? probably not seen as a threat?

Scenario A. Because they're the only robots without built in firepower

Scenario B. Their Mind trick only works on creature with limited intelligence. Orbot and Cubot both have more A.I than the average Badnik whose only real programing is to destroy Sonic.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 5

If Sonic Lost World has as much story as it looks like it will, I have to say I'm happy that they're making the effort to add some more depth to a game than they recently have... even if it's just slightly more meaty than Colors was.

Just because the Deadly Six did a thing in a cutscene doesn't mean we'll have a better story. Best not to make assumptions. 

Even so, the cutscene kinda shows that they're atleast making more of an effort then the previous two games. It's okay to act like grumpy old men and make assumptions/complain that the story will be no better then the other games around here but when we see a small ingame cutscene of the game then it's best to not make assumptions or get your hopes up for something better.

Edited by sonfan1984

Can't see the gifs >_>

The stupid "exceeded bandwidth" plaster image shows up for Chaos Warp's images

• Thumbs Up 2

Orbot and Cubot are back?! And the deadly Six have telekinises?! HURRY THE HELL UP OCTOBER!!!!!!

deadly-six-4_zps980446a4.gif

Zomom

Your eyes

What's wrong with them

Stahp

Well, I have to say that cutscene was great. Zavok confirmed for badass tier, and we finally see Eggman, along with Orbot and Cubot!   Since you guys really liked those GIFs I made, I have done more for the Deadly Six!   *Gifs*
You are the MAN...
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unleashed's cutscenes are presented differently to Generations' though.  Unleashed's cutscenes looked gorgeous for sure but Generations' cutscenes look comparatively hideous and rather unfinished looking.  Take the cutscene just before Sonic fights silver for example (16 seconds through):

http://youtu.be/bmAmU1_MOiw?t=16s

I refuse to believe this is a well presented, finished cutscene.  There are a lot of fast motions that don't read particularly well due to a lack of motion blur and poorly placed cameras, the cars don't bend or break in any sort of way upon hitting the ground, they just let off some sort of feeble smoke graphic and there's no dust or smoke for when Sonic lands or shoots off for his run.  Barring the animation and the zoomed in shot of Silver it looks ugly for the most part.  And this isn't even an isolated case.  This applies to every cutscene. 

Honestly this Lost World cutscene looks way better than any cutscene in Generations barring that one CGI one before the title screen.  Better camera positioning and movements along with actual depth of field and motion blur.  

And if this is just another complaint regarding the art style, well the argument's been beaten into the ground to be honest and it's rather tiresome so I don't feel like having it.  That's more a matter of taste if anything and we established long ago that this art style isn't to yours.

Well Generations had 2D white world bullshit so no wonder the cutscenes look hideous. Scenes before the bosses look pretty good though.

Bue yeah, it's more about the art style so if you don't feel like arguing over this again, it's alright). Neither do I)). Just putting my two cents. I do think that if it had Unleashed style, that cutscenes would have looked MUCH better.

Kinda nice how the deadly six don't seem to be fucking around. New villains are always refreshing. 

Zomom

Your eyes

What's wrong with them

Stahp

Before I've only liked three of the Deadly Six members so far. Zik, Zor, and Zazz. But I'm seriously warming up to Zomom because of his bizarre eyes.

Kinda nice how the deadly six don't seem to be fucking around. New villains are always refreshing.

And hopefully they'll have interesting personalities instead of being one dimensional and boring like Black Doom, Mephiles, or any monster of the week.

Little off Topic, but did anyone at Summer of Sonic ask Iizuka if there was a significance with the Deadly Six's names? Like why do they all have Z's?

Edit: Anyone else getting the "Additional Bandwith" stuff with all the new gifs now?

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

Judging from that new cutscene, it seems that from Windy Hill up until Desert Ruins everything's under Eggman's control.

Either that, or the Deadly Six were in control of the Badniks the whole time and just made it seem like everything was under Eggman's control.

I expect the former, though.

Edited by Haden
  • Thumbs Up 2

Damn. Sonic Lost World's story is looking pretty fucking awesome.

Sonic and Tails bromance confirmed to be still intact.

Edited by Waterwraith
  • Thumbs Up 1