Awoo.

Sonic Athletics Announced "Jay goes fast"

Badnik Mechanic

In other news, Sega still hasn't announced a handheld/console game.

Really? I hadd'nt noticed.

• Thumbs Up 4

Really? I hadd'nt noticed.

The internet is a funny thing. I can't tell if you are adding to my sarcasm ( because that's what my comment was) or your mocking me.

The internet is a funny thing. I can't tell if you are adding to my sarcasm ( because that's what my comment was) or your mocking me.

It's more of a groan. Everytime theres some Sonic or sega news that isnt a new game, theres always some people who drop the why hasnt sega announced anything or Sega are wasting their time with this. I've seen at least 4 peoplesay that today with regards to this news, I just sit here thinking 'why do they think they only work on/do one thing at a time?

• Thumbs Up 5

I just sit here thinking 'why do they think they only work on/do one thing at a time?

The average individual likely has difficulty comprehending what one can do with the luxury of billions of dollars and hundreds of employees at one's disposal, is what I'd guess. We view buying a house as an enormous investment, to a large company like SEGA that's chump change. At least, that's what I'd figure.

Figures it's a reskin, but hey, it never hurts to try and advertise the Sonic brand some more, now does it?

I don't think I've ever seen so many popular stars on one page of a thread before.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Looks at the list of playable characters*

Modified Mario & Sonic Olypmic games engine. That’s my thoughts.

... Or they just used the cast of M&S minus Eggman...

So do you have to wear roller skates on the Shadow one?

If you do I hope I get some FABULOUS boots to wear when I'm playing Amy or Silver's.

So do you have to wear roller skates on the Shadow one?

If you do I hope I get some FABULOUS boots to wear when I'm playing Amy or Silver's.

Play as Metal Sonic and watch the whole "exercise" part of the game be redundant. cool.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Someone must film themselves doing the Amy derp run on Amy's track thing. Seriously. Joking aside, I guess these will be the recurring characters in the series.(and maybe Cream and the Chaotics) won't be surprised if they end up in the next big title. We've seen them in almost everything, generations and forward.

Someone must film themselves doing the Amy derp run on Amy's track thing. Seriously. Joking aside, I guess these will be the recurring characters in the series.(and maybe Cream and the Chaotics) won't be surprised if they end up in the next big title. We've seen them in almost everything, generations and forward.

My Rouge-loving friend will not be pleased. But hey, where Shadow goes she usually follows.

I think we've established Silver and Blaze will always enjoy status as party characters, which is why I'm surprised they didn't make it into Transformed. They definitely fit this style of game, most certainly, given this party character status.

Overall, as this is a party game, I think we can determine these will be SEGA's go-to characters. I think the order they're gone to is also roughly going to be in the same order that the treadmills are in: there's of course Sonic, then you have Tails of course, and if he needs extra help there's Knuckles and Amy for support. If they ever want to expand the cast Shadow's always a good bet, with Metal Sonic also being useful for a side villain, and Silver/Blaze are definitely open if in need of party members.

This is what I get for wanting Metal Sonic in the next game.

Well, you certainly fucking delivered, Sega.

• Thumbs Up 4

Is it bad that I want this to come to the states?

Not at all. Japan and the UK get all the cool stuff. It's sad that the USA's the largest market but we get passed over due to other niches.

Not at all. Japan and the UK get all the cool stuff. It's sad that the USA's the largest market but we get passed over due to other niches.

Or maybe it's because Japan is the only country in the world where Sega could do this and still make money?

Maybe America's the largest market for them with Sonic fans, but in this case, they might have went for somewhere were general arcades are popular. Sure they probably would've made a lot of money in America for it being the Sonic brand, but in this case, not only can they make money from people who feel like playing the game there, but they might be able to increase their Japan audience if the game is good and popular, which will make them even more money.

Or maybe it's because Japan is the only country in the world where Sega could do this and still make money?

Which is what I meant by the "niche." The niche being the arcade business.

Sure they probably would've made a lot of money in America for it being the Sonic brand, but in this case, not only can they make money from people who feel like playing the game there, but they might be able to increase their Japan audience if the game is good and popular, which will make them even more money.

I suppose it all makes sense, yes. I'm still just saddened they can't find good markets for this kind of stuff over here...

Then again folks are speculating about a possible Kinect/Playstation Move port at some point.

Then again folks are speculating about a possible Kinect/Playstation Move port at some point.

Rollin' around at the speed of sound...right into your television.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm afraid if we get in the zone and feel like the character we're playing as...

Ah, never mind. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Let's hope SEGA's got a big, biiiig disclaimer.

Tis a shame treadmills don't have USB ports or something that would let them link into say, a PS3 or 360. Though this sort of thing would be a Wii U release probably.

Europe and North America are about the same size when looking at the Sonic franchise. Europe is more concentrated though, hence why it has the edge.

Europe and North America are about the same size when looking at the Sonic franchise. Europe is more concentrated though, hence why it has the edge.

And so I curse geography. The crowded nature of the European urban centers makes it so much easier to organise fan events and sales.

Then you have Japan's more active arcade culture giving it stuff like this.

It really is a shame SEGA sold their share in Gameworks' arcades on that note. There went my hopes of getting any local Sonic merchandise from the one on the Las Vegas Strip. Arcades are fairly popular in Vegas as a place for adults to deposit their litter for an hour or two so they can go gamble, so I feel just a tad bit cheated. :(

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice