Awoo.

Omega would defeat Shadow in a fight

Emmett L. Brown

Now before you reach for that Lock Thread button, let me explain.

In Sonic Heroes we're introduced to E-123 Omega, the final model of Dr. Eggman's E-series robots introduced in Sonic Adventure. The specific location we find Omega is in one of Eggman's bases; specifically in the same room where the Shadow is kept in suspended animation. Shadow is comatose, and Omega is deactivated, but as soon as Shadow gets revived Omega powers up and starts attacking. However, it turns out Omega is pretty pissed about being created as the ultimate E-series robot and then delegated to guard duty in offline mode while all the other robots are out having fun in the nice weather, so he decides to fight Eggman instead of Shadow. Fair 'nuff.

Fast-forward to Sonic The Hedgehog in the year 2006. *shudder* We're introduced to the "shocking revelation" that in the scary bad timeline caused by a princess blowing up or blubbering or whatever, Shadow would become a scapegoat for a giant immortal lava monster and would subsequently be defeated by none other than E-123 Omega. The villain of the game even specifically states, in between lying a lot, that Omega's combat prowess is proof that he was designed to defeat Shadow. Fortunately that entire game storyline was erased (though your memories will remain forever).

Omega and Shadow appear in a lot of different games, but curiously enough in none of them are they opposed to each other. Even in that one game where Shadow can be anywhere from world-destroying monster to Sonic's gloomier but equally heroic twin - Shadow is either on Omega's side, or ignores him like he owes him money.

The only game that outright states in plain English that Omega would defeat Shadow in a fight is one that's been shunned storyline-wise by both the fans and the developers since.

But that's the question. The question you get by adding a question mark at the end of the topic title.

Y'know, considering HE was guarding Shadow and not some Super Egg Pawn, I think Heroes implies this.

Also IIRC, Omega is said to be the second-strongest robot Eggman has created.

Id say we really shouldn't be considering the validity of Sonic 06's writing quality.

Might as well if we're taking Heroes's writing into account.

This thread has a lot intrigue so I don't see how it'll get locked anytime soon. 

Edited by DarkLight

'06 seems to imply it. But it's kind of hard to take it seriously.

There's no doubt that Omega's powerful, but he's more anti-army than anti-Shadow. He's got plenty of weapons and plenty of ammo, but what does he have that can take on Shadow, specifically? Shadow far outspeeds him even before we count Chaos Control, so he'd be lucky to even land a hit. And considering Shadow's gotten through everything that GUN, Eggman, and the Black Arms, have thrown at him, I don't think a few bullets would put him down.

So in a straight up fight...I don't buy it.

I could see a situation where Omega is responsible for Shadow being taken down, though. Imagine, first, that Shadow is capable of more emotions than "grumpy", and that he reaches a point where he genuinely trusts Omega and sees him as a friend. Now, have GUN throw everything they've got at him, and don't let off until they don't have even a single bullet left. At that point he's exhausted, probably injured, and aware the world at large has turned against him. Then send in Omega, break that last bit of hope he's got left, and hit him when he's down, in both senses.

• Thumbs Up 8

Hmmm interesting question, well lets see, shadow has speed, agility, and chaos control. Omega has an undisclosed amount of weapondry, but what we do know from heroes is that he has infinite amount of lasers, bombs, flamethrowers, and missiles, and proably a bunch of stuff we dont know. he also has a rocket glide, presumably a roll mode that would allow for fast movement, and a torso that can rotate 360 degrees. They would proably be on nearly equal terms, specialy if Shadow is not the antagonist.

It's simple guys.

Omega catches Shadow cheating on him with another one of those Eggmans robots.

Preferably one of Eggman's worthless consumer models.

....I'm not very sorry for that reference.

Mephi was a big time liar, and he never exactly filled in the details of how Omega did what he did. As others have said, for all we know, Omega was simply the main catalyst to a much larger effort/force to bring Shadow down. There are a lot of gaps in that story that we can't exactly fill in with speculation.

When I stack the two side by side, I honestly can't see how E-123 could bring Shadow down by himself. Shadow has too many tools in his bag. Speed, power, chaos contol... there's nothing Omega can exploit in open combat.

Sure Omega has a shit-tonne of ammo... but ammo runs out, amirite?

Surely all Shadow has to do is do some bullet-dodging then rip Omega's head off? :B

Anyways; never got the whole "BUT YOU CAPTURE SHADOW IN THE FUTUUUUUUUUUUURE!" thing when Omega clearly says to Rouge that his new mission; Shadow Support cannot be tampered with.... hmmm.... '06 logic, I guess.

actualy, eggman is kinda clever, how do we know that he didnt give Omega an internal manafacturing device that essentialy allows him to have 'unlimited' ammo.... its kinda streching, but its not impossible, I mean, look at the big robots and devices he makes, this is small fries

Even though Omega may have the power to take Shadow down, he does not have the speed. Shadow is on par with Sonic and Metal. So by default, before Omega could launch an attack, Shadow could have done one of two things. Taken Omega down or fled from battle. Shadow is not known for running from a battle so taking Omega down is the one I would assume would work. Then again, Eggy could have found a major weakness Shadow has that the fanbase and main cast does not know about. 

So either way, I still say Shadow would win. He took out the Black Arms, fought mephi, and has went head to head with the blue blur himself and still walks off like nothing. 

I don't know, as powerful as Omega is, he's still just a robot with the same sort of build as most of Eggman's mechs, which means he technically wouldn't stand a chance against a spindash or homing attack IF Shadow could get close enough without becoming target practice though, as powerful as Omega's arsenal is, he relies heavily on long range weaponry, so I honestly think Shadow could easily beat him if he got in close and smashed him up.

According to Sonic Channel, which should be as official as anything non-game, Omega was created with the dual purpose of preventing anyone from releasing Shadow, and controlling Shadow if he should get loose and run wild.  I'm not sure when that was put up, but it was probably prior to the release of '06, although the game had certainly already been plotted by then.  (Based on Riders being released 10 months prior to '06, and Jet and co. being listed after Omega; Silver is listed further down than the Rogues.  The bios were originally released at about one a month, if I remember correctly.)

Of course, just because Eggman intended Omega to stop Shadow doesn't mean he actually can do so.  After all, Eggman's built plenty of things intended to stop Sonic.  happy.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow shoud pretty much steam roll any character bar Sonic power scale wise. Even then, Sonic just gets lucky when he matches Shadow in power. Omega is not beating Shadow.

Since Shadow's weaknesses have not been fully detailed (as I regularly restate for emphasis), it can be hard to tell.

Perhaps Omega's durable enough to withstand chaos attacks and thus take away one of Shadow's greatest strengths. Maybe he has a special weapon in his chassis made specifically to neutralise Shadow's unique chemistry.

Really, unless Sega gives us some actual weaknesses for Shadow other than his Inhibitor Rings, it's hard to determine exactly what Omega would have over him.

There's an idea. Since Gerald designed the things, maybe Eggman was able to give Omega a device that will activate the rings and cause Shadow to power down, leaving him vulnerable? Omega would possibly be destroyed in the ensuing blast, but Shadow would be sufficiently exhausted anyone nearby could take him down afterward.

I mean, it's said that Omega was responsible for imprisoning him. Didn't say that he survived...

Not uncommon for robots having to sacrifice themselves to carry out certain functions. It's the joy of not being given the same moral weight as an organic life.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I mean, it's said that Omega was responsible for imprisoning him. Didn't say that he survived...

Not uncommon for robots having to sacrifice themselves to carry out certain functions. It's the joy of not being given the same moral weight as an organic life.

He did survive. The Omega in your party at the end of Shadow's campaign in Sonic 06 is the same one who defeats and imprisons Shadow. Naturally, that makes no sense whatsoever since his directive before powering down to wait for the future is to "ASSIST SHADOW", but it's Sonic 06.

He did survive. The Omega in your party at the end of Shadow's campaign in Sonic 06 is the same one who defeats and imprisons Shadow. Naturally, that makes no sense whatsoever since his directive before powering down to wait for the future is to "ASSIST SHADOW", but it's Sonic 06.

Oh. Well then.

I presumed I purged most of that story from my mind because the constant back and forth time travel creates a continuity that is full of fuck even within itself. So lots of the smaller details have left me.

Guess we could still run on the possibility he has a means to trigger Shadow's rings and exhaust him maybe at least.

I think Omega is too bulky to keep up with Shadow's speed and agility. But what he lacks in speed he has in firepower...but still not enough I say

Here's something to ponder:

Who would have to order Omega to fight Shadow for him to obey? Disobeying his creator is basically his entire personality prior to Sonic 06, and I don't think it's ever specified in that game that Omega works for GUN. I personally can't think of anyone who would get any other response than "UP-YOURS-MEAT-BAG-!" unless there were major reprogramming involved.

Here's something to ponder:

Who would have to order Omega to fight Shadow for him to obey? Disobeying his creator is basically his entire personality prior to Sonic 06, and I don't think it's ever specified in that game that Omega works for GUN. I personally can't think of anyone who would get any other response than "UP-YOURS-MEAT-BAG-!" unless there were major reprogramming involved.

I presume that was what would have been it. Perhaps Omega was captured and repurposed prior to his imprisoning Shadow.

The joys of having faux sentience.

Unless Shadow knew that he'd be needed in the future, so told Omega to 'defeat' him and then assist him later.  I suspect Shadow is one of the few people that Omega might willingly listen to.  Which takes care of the issue of whether Omega could defeat him - Shadow puts up a good show and them loses, thereby getting himself locked safely away from GUN or anyone who might have the means to create something that could defeat him. They just leave Omega to guard him, as the robot has demonstrated his abilities.  Considering all the other chaos powers that come and go, maybe in '06 Shadow was a precog as well.