Awoo.

Headscratcher/plothole/HUH? Topic

SenEDDtor Missile

In many ways, this is very similar to my "Overthinking things about Sonic" Topic I made a little while back, except this is more about games in general, as opposed to any specific franchise. If there is another topic that is basically the same thing, please merge/move this topic to that one. With that said:

Pikmin 2. BIG SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED IT/WATCHED IT:

In Pikmin 2, your task is to help repay the debt that Hocotate Freight, the company that your PC Olimar works at, has accumulated as a result of a "space bunny" attack on a recent shipment of Pikpik carrots. The guy who witnessed this so called "space bunny" is the 

ever hungry and silent Louie, who was also the pilot of the ship in which the cargo was consumed.

Here's the thing though, the secret video that you can unlock reveals that Louie was the one who ate the shipment, and fearing retribution, falsified the report to cover his own ass (and kickstart the plot in the process). Sounds all good right?

Well there was another witness: The ship itself.

The ship, as is revealed from the get-go, is partially sentient, and has demonstrated the ability to be able to detect things, such as treasure and enemies. Hell it even somehow invents stuff behind everyone's back.

Thing is, if the ship is so damn intelligent, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THE SHIP TELL THE PRESIDENT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED?! It could have easily told him that there was no space bunny attack, and that Louie was just trying to cover his ass. Granted, it probably wouldn't have changed anything in the long run, but frankly this sticks out to me as plain odd, and outright STUPID on the ships part.

Edited by I R Lothar

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SenEDDtor Missile

• Phos

• iDEATH

• Cambot

Sonic 06:

So, you're telling me that Silver can knock Sonic around like he was just a toy, but Shadow can come in and roundhouse kick Silver around without much effort? So, does that mean Sonic suddenly became one of the weaker characters in the series? Yeah, no wonder this was wiped from canon.

In before "The whole sonic series"

In the first Assassins Creed, Altair is disgraced and is forced to hand over his weapons, fair enough, it acts to slowly introduce us to the characters abilities.

But...he also forgets how to grab ledges, which means for a good while he's perfectly willing to let himself fall to his death when jumping between buildings rather than catch the ledge.....wha?

Why did Dante use a coin to make up his mind in DMC 2?  

You might as well move this to general and include other medias as well.  Take Armageddon for example, not only do you have to wonder what's supposed to be romantic or titillating about an animal cracker, You can also wonder if the screen writers noticed that they required a fault line on the asteroid to line up with earth and then made a scene establishing that the asteroid was set spinning meaning that blowing it in half wouldn't work.  

• 7 months later...