Awoo.

The Official Teletubbies Topic

Shrek

Seriously though its hard to explain why I disliked it. I was 6 or 7 when this show came out and two of my friends and some of my class liked it and I didn't.

6-7 is a little too old to be watching it O_o

• Thumbs Up 2

OH, this show. I had a VHS of it. Might still do. I watched it when i was young and to be honest. I liked it as a little kid. I didn't find it creepy and looking at those clips, it's still not creepy.

6-7 is a little too old to be watching it O_o

I was 12 when this show came out here in my country in 1998 and i watched it. But mark my words; i didnt enjoy it. I only ever saw it cause it was what came on just before reruns of the 1994 Spiderman cartoon.

Edited by batson

When Teletubbies hit our shores, despite being too old for it, I still watched it occasionally. As I've stated a million times now, I was always more of a Barney guy (I'm tempted to add something to that Barney thread Shrek started ages ago, but that's just the fanboy in me. XD), so it wasn't on my radar as much as it was for some. That said, Teletubbies wasn't creepy to me at all and it's a harmless show even looking back.

I was 12 when this show came out here in my country in 1998 and i watched it. But mark my words; i didnt enjoy it. I only ever saw it cause it was what came on just before reruns of the 1994 Spiderman cartoon.

Well seeing as it's a show for preschoolers, I don't see why you would enjoy it..

If someone starts remember the Tweenies topic? I am going to feel prehistoric!sad.png

"Hey Hey! Are you ready to play? It's time to come and play with the Tweenies!" - part of the theme song, I don't remember the rest.

I never understood this show, and I wanted them all to die in a fire and get shat on by mutant peanut monsters from the depths of hell.

I used to watch this a lot but I never understood the show, (I also use to play the Teletubbie games on websites). I never found it creepy though but I eventually stopped watching it as other shows were introduced.

"Hey Hey! Are you ready to play? It's time to come and play with the Tweenies!" - part of the theme song, I don't remember the rest.

Hey-hey, what do you say? Come along and play with the Tweenies! You can sing with us, play games with us! You can run about and jump and shout! You can dance with us, take a chance with us. It's OK! What do you say? Every day come and play!

I think that's how it goes...then the four characters shout their names after this part.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I used to watch this show! Lala was my favourite. I was never hugely into it, but it was still good c: I always used to think the pink food they had looked really tasty haha.

Most of all though, I remember the toys! Chasing all around the country trying to track each one of 'em down, as I always had to have the set.

For those who don't "get it" I think it's purely meant to just be stimulation. A TV equivelant of a mobile for a crib with movement and colours and shapes to stare at for a while.

I hope to God it isn't meant to be educational anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

What a trippy, batshit stupid BBC children's TV acid trip. Gotta love it.

Not as odd as the Boobahs, at least.

For those who don't "get it" I think it's purely meant to just be stimulation. A TV equivelant of a mobile for a crib with movement and colours and shapes to stare at for a while.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have segments involving real children visiting places like farms and museums and all kinds of different shit? I guess exposing kids to more of the world outside of the colorful lard creature dimension can be considered educational. Edited by gunthetra

I loved this show as a kid, fave was La-la. My parents were forced to try and get the toys that came out Christmas of 1997, and only got three of them due to the demand.

Managed to get Tinky Winky years later, so at least I can cash in on them if they become retro.

Same with In The Midnight Garden, I swear that and the Teletubbies were made for people tripping on LSD and Magic Mushrooms.biggrin.png

At least in the Tweenies the characters talk. wink.png

I loved this show as a kid, fave was La-la. My parents were forced to try and get the toys that came out Christmas of 1997, and only got three of them due to the demand.

Managed to get Tinky Winky years later, so at least I can cash in on them if they become retro.

Your around the same age as me so its not an age thing.

Edited by BW199148

....What? I didn't say anything about my age.

No somebody else did. I checked your age on your profile, so my age has nothing to do with disliking the Teletubbies.wink.png

Same with In The Midnight Garden, I swear that and the Teletubbies were made for people tripping on LSD and Magic Mushrooms.biggrin.png

urgh....I hate this kind of comment so much.

I know it was intended as a joke but it still annoys me :P

The implication that anyone using their imaginiations to create beautiful surreal words and characters must be on drugs offends me.

I've had people say it to me in the past when I show them my artwork......just....grrrr....