Awoo.

What are your favourite official Sonic images.

Bright Eyes

Sonic06_2.png

TrollFaceDancing.gif

I understand that this is a relatively harmless joke, but try not to make image-only posts in the future as these count as spam. Even in a topic such as this that concerns imagery, we still expect discussion to be taking place.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really like those 06 renders of sonic. His hands are a little big, but they've always looked like a pretty faithful representation of the Adventure design.

I understand that this is a relatively harmless joke, but try not to make image-only posts in the future as these count as spam. Even in a topic such as this that concerns imagery, we still expect discussion to be taking place.

Yeah...Sorry about that... I'll try not to do that next time.

Wow, 06 Sonic's shoes do look like slippers!

Anyway, I've always loved this artwork of Sonic from Unleashed;

0152_sonic_unleashed.png

The pose is oh-so fitting for Sonic (of course), I love his quills are kept kinda short, hearkening back to the classic era, as I've always preferred Sonic with short quills instead of the long, dangling ones he had in the Adventure era. The blue of his fur is a great shade and his eyes are incredibly vibrant with tons of life in the - the little reflection in them is a nice touch. It's fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 1

wallpaper_sonic_unleashed_01_1920x1200_z

Full size at Sonic wikia

Hedgehog and machine in a split second instant of fast-paced combat,lively and dynamic, lots of shiny stuff that reflects the bright stars and lights,  relflecting particularly clearly in Sonic's eyes, which are practically flourescent as well. I really suggest full size.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 5

The 'moment' is, but the exact image is not, it's a desktop background, it has more detail than in the cutscene and is more brightly lit.

Edited by Mysterics

• 2 weeks later...

Adv_sonic_ok_32.png

This image has been a huge favorite of mine, for expressing the graffiti-like, cocky image of Adventure Era Sonic, without contorting his body all that much.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is my all-time favorite piece of Sonic artwork. The great rendering, well-done proportions, and.. that cigar!

tumblr_mjq8c4UlB01rlrnwdo1_500.jpg

that image is really weird when you consider that sonic is essentially wearing a skin coloured suit.....

• 2 weeks later...

This. Just. THIS.

Segasonic.PNG

I love this one so much. That is probably the most badass pose I've seen out of Classic Sonic, to be honest. 

For Modern, this one from Rush is probably my favourite. Spoiler'd due to massive size.

Rush_Sonic_pose.png

It just screams "Sonic" to me. Fits him so well.

• Thumbs Up 1

This. Just. THIS.

Segasonic.PNG

I love this one so much. That is probably the most badass pose I've seen out of Classic Sonic, to be honest. 

Oh hell yeah...

In addition to that one, this one is pretty badass too:

sonic-cd.jpg

Oh hell yeah...

sonic-cd.jpg

I love pretty much any piece that looks like the CD cutscenes' art style, haha. 

ova13.jpg

STRANGE ISN'T IT

But honestly, this one's really good too. Now that I think about it, using Classic's personality gathered from CD and the OVA would have lead to some pretty awesome other artwork, had they done it in Generations. Not saying I don't like the Generations art, I love it! I just think it would've been a good idea to capitalize on the most popular version of Classic Sonic.

EDIT: Well, not exactly THE most popular, but definitely one of them, taking into account most fanart uses the CD artstyle.

Edited by Super Spindash

I love pretty much any piece that looks like the CD cutscenes' art style, haha. 

ova13.jpg

STRANGE ISN'T IT

But honestly, this one's really good too. Now that I think about it, using Classic's personality gathered from CD and the OVA would have lead to some pretty awesome other artwork, had they done it in Generations. Not saying I don't like the Generations art, I love it! I just think it would've been a good idea to capitalize on the most popular version of Classic Sonic.

EDIT: Well, not exactly THE most popular, but definitely one of them, taking into account most fanart uses the CD artstyle.

Yep, pretty much this. The Classic's always sort of had something special about Sonic's character. I'm not sure what it is, but it's there. It somewhat carried over to the recent renditions, namely this one:

275px-Originalgrooverush.jpg

Edited by AfroWarrior

Oh hell yeah...

sonic-cd.jpg

I think my only gripe about this picture is his arms. Sure, they look neat and what not, but....where are they sprouting from? His body is too low and I just can't place the origin of his arms on that body.

I think my only gripe about this picture is his arms. Sure, they look neat and what not, but....where are they sprouting from? His body is too low and I just can't place the origin of his arms on that body.

This is true...

Isn't it odd that Sega America decided the Japanese anime'ish look of Sonic was no good and they re-designed him from his original Japanese artwork, giving us the Sonic from the original Mega Drive game, saying the original version would not work will outside Japan. Yet a lot of Sonic fans seem to agree that his Sonic CD anime style art is the best/better version of his classic style. Just goes to show how wrong a lot of these PR people can be at times.

• Thumbs Up 1

380px-Sa2_sonic02.png

This one in particular is awesome to me, anything with Soap shoes looks cool.

Edited by Koizumi
  • Thumbs Up 3

Adv_sonic_ok_32.png

This image has been a huge favorite of mine, for expressing the graffiti-like, cocky image of Adventure Era Sonic, without contorting his body all that much.

Meh, I prefer this:

sonic_adventure_2_sonic-9752.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I always liked this image which I believe comes from Sonic CD. Like most of CD's art it makes him look rather bad ass. (If the pic doesn't come out right my apologies)

post-5696-0-42287900-1365993191_thumb.jp

Meh, I prefer this:

*SA2 no SOAPS*

Much as I think the SOAP shoes look way too big for Sonic, that picture looks weird without them. His shoes are really curved, almost like they're slippers. It takes away from the power his pose has otherwise. 

Much as I think the SOAP shoes look way too big for Sonic, that picture looks weird without them. His shoes are really curved, almost like they're slippers. It takes away from the power his pose has otherwise. 

I can see where you come from. You don't get awesome guy from "100% all comfort bendy shoes". 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see where you come from. You don't get awesome guy from "100% all comfort bendy shoes". 

But you do here:

sonic-adventure-5.png