Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

This is from a Youtube comment, but a very possible name for her would be Cauli. 

Cauli comes from Cauliflower, and the plant is related to both Cabbage (Cabba) and Broccoli (Broly).

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I have no idea why people hate broly.  he's one of my favorite characters besides final form cooler

For me, it's because he's a big shallow lummox with no personality to speak of and lousy motivation for what he does, yet somehow has three movies to his name and a legion of adoring fans. It's like walking down the street and seeing a swathe of people gathering excitedly around a tree trunk and commenting on how great they think it is. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

TFS Vegeta explains it pretty good:

"It looks so cool! But it is so stupid!"

This, plus the fact that not everyone thinks USSJ-style bloated muscles look cool. His design only looks ok to me, but I understand why people might like it.

The lack of personality and horrendous motivation are what really kill the character though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Plus for many, the Broly fanbase represents the biggest issue in the DBZ community. The fans who just care about the edgy badass roided out fighters constantly punching eachother and screaming without any story, good character or fun behind them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hilariously enough, Broly's creator went on to say he didn't like Battle of Gods because Beerus is stronger than Broly and that Broly is still cooler.

Nah I don't agree with that not all the broly fans think that. For me I like him for the fact he is a mindless powerhouse who just wants to kill goku at any cost. He's not completely  mindless he can talk. But still extremely mad. Cough kid buu. But the fights with goku are always amazing and him as a boss in the game is great l. Plus he's popular over in japan. It's why he gets so many figures and included first in many games over other characters. Plus he's just One chapter.not like everyone is like him

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

Hilariously enough, Broly's creator went on to say he didn't like Battle of Gods because Beerus is stronger than Broly and that Broly is still cooler.

Please tell me he was joking.

I don't like Beerus either but he is a lot better than Broly.

Someone compiled a clearer image of the Kais, GoDs and their attendants:

1485120858878.png

I wonder if the other two GoDs were left out of the trailer for a specific reason? Maybe they'll be more significant characters (and as such have more stand-out designs?) in this or following arcs? Or perhaps they just didn't feel like spoiling everything.

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I also think one of his petty complaints was because Beerus is the god of destruction, while one of Broly's nicknames is the god of destruction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly of all the DBZ Villais before Beerus i'd say Freeza would be the best contender for a title like that, unlike Broly(Who was only known by the Saiyans) or Cell(Who never got to make a name for himself outside of Earth), he and his power are known through the entire universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just hoping after the universal arc, we can get back to something a little more traditionally Dragon Ball. Not to give it shit or anything, but I'd love to kind of just focus on the normal universe again instead of ten different universes all with their own casts of characters. 

Dunno, with so much of these new universes to explore plus whatever else they can find in their own universe, it'd be a shame to just go back to Earth as the focus. Plus not like the Black arc didn't have that as focus, it was the future earth, yes, but it was clearly a big focus.

12 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Also, I don't know if that wolf that fights Goku is relevant nor I care if he isn't, but I want him in XV2

The clip of him fighting Goku is taken from the new opening, also, Ignoring my joke from earlier, his design seems too distinctive to be a random fodder character( unlike the Frieza soldiers from the first opening of Super. So i'm guessing he will be relevent

I agree with not understanding Broly's popularity in terms of having so little to work with to become the root of so much merchandise.  

It's sorta like in most shows how one-shot character is nearly as popular as the main character. This is not true for me on all shows, but some. I can understand for say, when Adam West made a vocal guest appearance in the 90's Batman cartoon or when Jack Kirby was in an episode of the 2003 TMNT, as a character. However; I can't get behind characters like Kaworu Nagisa (in the TV series), Rei Tachibana (The Dash Card capture episode of CCS) or Prince Hallas (Episode 15 of Slayers, even though he was Crispin Freeman's very first role, when he was still in New York). Don't get me wrong, I like Rei and Hallas, but being one-shots, they were not nearly as easy for me to get absorbed into for the lack of time to spend on them. I'm glad they have not (figuratively speaking)  worshiped to the extent of Broly, who seemed to have been intended to be a one-shot, at first. 

Broly even shows even less personality than some one-shot characters, one reason some don't like him being ascended to Chuck Norris-status for having only anger issues and sadism as personality traits. 

Broly is also quite ugly in his Legendary form, in my opinion, which puzzles me as to why there are so many toys of his Legendary form.

Now, I have no ill feelings towards Broly fans. I may not "get it," but this is just me.

Because Broly is basically the Hulk in a world where battles are mostly balanced and even one sided ones have a few good shots from the losing side.

People love Broly because he spent the entire first movie doing nothing other than ragdolling literally everyone who challenged him, the only hit he got came from the attack that defeated him.

Again it all boils down to what people watch Dragon Ball for, some just want cool fights with no character or story behind, others enjoy the characters and action and want a good balance.

• Thumbs Up 4

I never really got the hatred for Broly's motivation. I think it works in context.

Broly was born with much more power than even some adult Saiyans on the battlefield could hope to achieve, much less keep under wraps. For a days-old infant, such power would have understandably put a physical and mental strain on him. Hearing Kakarot's crying would only exacerbate the issue, with him also having to deal with fear alongside the weighing power. Then the kid gets stabbed, thrown into a landfill, and is about to approach death's door from Freeza's attack, when his latent power finally kicks in saves him. Then for the next 30 years, he goes from planet to planet, with no social tether, as his power was so incredibly wild that he annihilated everything and anything he came across. So much so that Paragus had to put a mind control device on him, keeping his psyche locked in stasis. 

Kakarot's crying is the first bit of outside contact Broly had. It was the first thing that affected him in the midst of his fathomless strength. It was one of the few things that affected him before his 3 decades of being consumed by his Legendary strength. It was the thing Broly's power needed to break out of that stasis and finally cut loose completely.

It may seem like a silly Freudian excuse in a vacuum. But for a baby with eclipsing strength, from a race whose mental psyches are already distinctly different from humans and are primed for combat first, emotions second, it's not much of a stretch to think it can happen.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Plus for many, the Broly fanbase represents the biggest issue in the DBZ community. The fans who just care about the edgy badass roided out fighters constantly punching eachother and screaming without any story, good character or fun behind them.

I dont even see a fanbase for Broly, I only see people shitting on him lol.

Personally im apathetic to him, neither love or hate him. Its an interesting concept at least

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, -Robin- said:

It may seem like a silly Freudian excuse in a vacuum. But for a baby with eclipsing strength, from a race whose mental psyches are already distinctly different from humans and are primed for combat first, emotions second, it's not much of a stretch to think it can happen.

It's a hell of a stretch when none of this is even implied. I shouldn't have to come up with my own headcanon to justify a character's actions.

As with most of the movies, Toei simply wanted another big bad brute with a lazy/flimsy motivation that pits them against Goku and chums.

8 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Heh. That sounds like something a guy who would create a character like Broly would say. "Broly's better 'cuz he's a Saiyan and he's got big muscles and stuff!"