Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

From what I've come to understand, Sean is apparently known for having a hate boner for other Goku actors. He was allegedly the one who got Peter's spot at the con revoked.

Goku just wrecked Jiren so fucking hard. I mean i was on the edge of my tv. But the big question is. WHERE IS FRIEZA

OMG I am SO HYPED for 130! It's going to be so damn cool! Gah! I'm fangirling here!

Not gonna lie, reused animation or not, I REALLY liked this episode and the way it set itself up. From Vegeta's speech, to Beerus's "Shut up and watch.", to Beerus and Whis's final conversation at the end after all of the GoDs stood up.

And to the AMAZING introduction of Mastered Ultra Instinct. I KNEW it would look amazing in motion and execution in the anime rather just a still image because that was exactly the case with -Sign-. And goddamn, was it just absolutely breathtaking. I really have no words for it.

I am SO looking forward to the next episode. Hate that we have to wait so long for it, though.

Also, how the HELL is Frieza still on the stage? lmao

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

But the big question is. WHERE IS FRIEZA

Waiting for the perfect moment to knock both Goku and Jiren out of the stage and get the MVP and the wish for himself

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

is there another break next week or do we get another episode.

Another week break, unfortunately.

Next episode is on the 17th/18th.

21 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Waiting for the perfect moment to knock both Goku and Jiren out of the stage and get the MVP and the wish for himself

And of course, continuing the Namek saga references, discovering he is unable to use the Super Dragon Balls due to not knowing the relevant language.

Cue Frieza quietly slinking into the background after an angry glare from Beerus, who lets Goku make the wish instead.

After all, with Goku's mastery of Ultra Instinct, Beerus can't be entirely sure he'd be able to win a fight with Goku over it. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-33/6650

Oh right, Viz has published the latest manga chapter in English; it's free to read.

The plot is looking wildly different. Besides the changed elimination order, we also see Frieza openly order Frost to eliminate Krillin, Tien, and Roshi.

Considering Tien was taken out as part of the sniper subplot, and that can't happen (as the guy who reflected beams off his body is already out), I think Frost will end up knocking out Tien. He will presumably fail against Roshi and Vegeta, as in the manga.

The elimination of Jimeze means someone else will take his place as Frieza's pincushion during the setup for Frieza's betrayal of Frost.

I've already discussed the implications for Universe 3 and 10 with the changed eliminations, so I don't need to cover that again. I guess this month's issue will give us an idea how radically the manga may differ from the show.

For starters, assuming powers are the same, someone is going to be on the business end of Lavender's poison, not necessarily from Universe 7.

These ost tracks are amazing. I wish I could upload them to YouTube but I know they would get blocked the second they processed.  The disc themselves are red and orange.

On 3/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, Meta77 said:

These ost tracks are amazing. I wish I could upload them to YouTube but I know they would get blocked the second they processed.  The disc themselves are red and orange.

You say that as if other folks aren't doing it anyway. ¦D

3 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

You say that as if other folks aren't doing it anyway. ¦D

rofl they are usually super strict on dbz stuff so no idea how. though im sure they will be blocked in a few weeks . id rather not risk my channel. Unless they filed a claim upon upload. i may test it. But yea dbz music uploads are noting to joke about lol

Spoiler

Toei and Toriyama must have really enjoyed the Kalos League Finals and thought it was a good example to go by. This kinda just further supports what I like to say about Ash and Goku being pretty much the same characters with pretty much the same curse.

They can beat everyone except the main big goal in the way of their end arc goal, which some exceptions. (Buu Saga for Goku, Orange Islands and Battle Frontier for Ash.)

Holy shit, if this is really how it goes down, I am absolutely livid.

Reaction to spoilers above.

>Reads spoilers

Spoiler

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS COP OUT BULLSHIT

Spoiler

Man Goku fucking sucks in this series. He didn't win one important battle, other than with Freeza, and even then, he needed to rely on a deus ex machina, lol.

Nevermind how he's been flanderized. 

• Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

That's much better than the more predictable ending I was expecting.

Considering what the track record is when you actually stop to think about it. It REALLY isn't. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what a lot of people said they were afraid would happen.

Japan just loves stories with pointless build up and disappointing endings, don't they? Oy vey.

Though, to be fair, OG DB is the only DB series that actually has a somewhat decent ending.

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

That's much better than the more predictable ending I was expecting.

It's still an ending many of us predicted at some point, but I feel like it's a better alternative to how things appeared to be shaping up based on the last few episodes. I wasn't sure that Toriyama would actually end it all in such a way.

6 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Considering what the track record is when you actually stop to think about it. It REALLY isn't. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what a lot of people said they were afraid would happen.

Japan just loves stories with pointless build up and disappointing endings, don't they? Oy vey.

Though, to be fair, OG DB is the only DB series that actually has a somewhat decent ending.

The result was always going to go one of two or three ways, so I didn't expect some massive subversion. The way it's handled is the important part and it sounds fine to me.

Uh, me and my friend were actually predicting that, because the writing seemed to be on the wall, given 

Spoiler

Frieza's still in the ring while everyone else was specifically ringed out.

The difference is that ending sucks so hard that we didn't actually think they'd be stupid enough to do it.

11 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

I don't know how to do spoiler tags on mobile so I'll just put a warning here before I continue. 

Considering all the complete bullshit DBS has put out I'm surprised Goku not getting another W is the breaking point. Ultra Instinct is not a power up goku has earned through work, training, or through an emotional breaking point or a big character turn or anything that makes a character transforming  interesting in this series. He got it because he's Goku, and he mastered it in less than an hour because goku. Him overpowering Jiren would feel hollow, to me.

This twist isn't out of nowhere because it's been openly telegraphed. I'm pleasently surprised because I expected another plot thread involving a side character to go nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 3