Awoo.

"Students suspended after seeing topless pic of teacher on school-issued iPad"

xJvilous

WOULDN'T MIND BEING AT THIS SCHOOL HAR HAR HAR! wink.png

She's probably ugly anyway. This is horrible through and through.

Edited by -The Penguin-

"You seen my tits on a school device that i should never have used for such profane acts?!"

"SUSPENDED!"

• Thumbs Up 2

School issued iPad? What the hell? Is that even feasible? Those things are hundreds of dollars and they want kids to use them for school? Right. I don't see how practical that is, especially with accelerated wear and tear from more than one person using them.

Secondly, to address the issue here - the teacher uploaded the pic. How is this fair that the students are getting suspended/threatened with expulsion for her mistake? I could understand if they were passing it around the class after it popped up or bringing it up for others to see, but that seems a bit harsh if it was only on for a few seconds by accident.

A stern talk. Maybe some after school detention or the like for it possibly being a disruption during class. But the punishment dealt out here seems too excessive. If anything, I would think the teacher would have gotten the brunt of this, for being in a position of authority as well as for being so careless as to have compromising photos of herself on her phone.

I swear, some days I don't know why I don't just move to Canada or something.

Come up to Canada!

You mi~ght accidentally love it here!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm training to become a teacher and I think this is ridiculous.

The teacher should have received disciplinary action and the students should have been apologised to not suspended. This kind of stuff makes me embarrassed.

Or just play games on them in class like the like the kids in the OP apparently were.

Yeah because before Ipads kids used to pay 100% attention to class and not play games.Plus I will be surprised if this teacher doesn't get suspended down the line with public pressure (it's not like it hasn't happened Union or not)

> Teacher takes irresponsible partially nude photos on iPhone

> iPhone is/gets linked to iPad

> Students stumble accidentally across photos

> Students threatened with expulsion

> Teacher not disciplined

That's just fucked up logic. If a teacher is behaving that irresponsibly, you'd think the school and the union would want to make an example of her, not shit all over the very people they're supposed to be there to help.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could possibly make sense of the teacher's actions here.

I suspect that she saw it on the ipad, assumed immediately that the kids hacked into her ipad to get a hold of it or something (believe me kids were hacking everything in my school, even the lights) and suspended them on the spot, only later realising that it was her mistake and it being too late to apologise because, she is a teacher, and the school can't swap sides because no authority wants to take blame for anything.

thats my theory anyway.

mistakes happen.

Come up to Canada!

Don't listen to him, folks. This is obviously all Canada's fault!

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah because before Ipads kids used to pay 100% attention to class and not play games.

Pretty sure schools tended to not give the kids something to ignore the teacher with, let alone something so expensive in the first place rather than a cheaper and more functional alternative. So your sarcasm falls on deaf ears I'm afraid.

Plus I will be surprised if this teacher doesn't get suspended down the line with public pressure (it's not like it hasn't happened Union or not)

Public pressure would do it, sure. Because schools do have even less balls when they go up against mothers than unions. But that's a big "if" there.

Edited by Tornado

Pretty sure schools tended to not give the kids something to ignore the teacher with, let alone something so expensive in the first place rather than a cheaper and more functional alternative. So your sarcasm falls on deaf ears I'm afraid.

Public pressure would do it, sure. Because schools do have even less balls when they go up against mothers than unions. But that's a big "if" there.

I'm saying that because that's the same thing people used to say when computers were being introduced to schools:"They have computers now?! That damn thing is going to distract them what happened to the days of typewriters?!"(And yes this was an argument a lot of parents said back when my elementary school was getting computers)Obviously there's always going to be people at school that are going to be distracted no matter what tools you give them to study, that doesn't mean the other kids that do study and pay attention don't deserve the chance to get better tools.

Wow you guys are really surprised that they used modern technology in schools? Like, you know, schools always have?

Modern technology is for PUSSIES, I say!

Posted from my DROID RAZR by Motorola.

Edited by Blackthorne

I'm saying that because that's the same thing people used to say when computers were being introduced to schools:"They have computers now?! That damn thing is going to distract them what happened to the days of typewriters?!"(And yes this was an argument a lot of parents said back when my elementary school was getting computers)Obviously there's always going to be people at school that are going to be distracted no matter what tools you give them to study, that doesn't mean the other kids that do study and pay attention don't deserve the chance to get better tools.

You've missed the actual point and have jumped on the joke I was making about it.

The actual point was that I don't find iPads to be something the increases a kids ability to learn because there are much better, cheaper things that could be used far more effectively in a classroom setting if the kids need a computer of some sort to learn for their classes; hence I don't believe the school should be issuing $400-a-pop tablets to students in the first place. I see no reason to believe that giving a kid an iPad is giving them a better tool for learning, so the premise that kids are abusing them is just icing on the cake. The joke was that they'll just use the iPads to play Angry Birds instead of paying attention to teachers now.

Edited by Tornado

You see, you've missed the actual point and have jumped on the joke I was making about it.

The actual point was that I don't find iPads to be something the increases a kids ability to learn because there are much better, cheaper things that could be used far more effectively in a classroom setting if the kids need a computer of some sort to learn for their classes; hence I don't believe the school should be issuing $400-a-pop tablets to students in the first place. I see no reason to believe that giving a kid an iPad is giving them a better tool for learning, so the premise that kids are abusing them is just icing on the cake. The joke was that they'll just use the iPads to play Angry Birds instead of paying attention to teachers now.

But you're also generalizing like all kids are like that though. Okay this is how some modern classrooms are now in some schools. You have a room full of desks with computers in the back. Now have you ever had a class where you were facing the computer and your back towards the teacher but you had to pay attention to him/her and it was hard to keep up? They can start buying the digital versions of textbooks now and read them in the Ipad instead of buying expensive hardcopies.Well an Ipad solves that problem, i'm not saying the Ipad is going to make students rocket scientist it's just a more useful tool. The whole thing about "well kids are going to be playing Angry Birds" doesn't really hold up because they already playing Angry Birds in their phones!

No I wasn't. I was joking.

Sorry about that then.Also for those who have Ipads/Iphones.....just how easy is to sync to other devices? Because the way I see it either she did by accident or those kids synched to her phone. Like doesn't your device tell you that someone is trying to synch to you?

Edited by Pegasus Seiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

This school could purchase iPads with the school budget? And to top it off, give them to students?

The reason iPads are given to students is because they are flexible and cost effective. An iPad that can store thousands of documents and applications to suit school needs. It also has a big screen and can be locked by the school to focus on school work.

Now, why iPads? The only reason I can think of is that school applications are more abundant on the iOS store compared to the Android. But how many applications are actually being used and why can't a Kindle Fire suffice? A Kindle Fire HD is only $199 and it does the basic processes needed as a learning machine. It can load up apps and it can also surf the web. Hell, a Kindle's main purpose was to download books and read them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Question, if it was a male teacher's photo of his stomach down to his pubic area, and some pre-teen girls found it, would the situation be the same?

Not trying to start anything up here, just curious.

Come up to Canada!

NO wonder why my school have school PCs instead but everybody has their personal mobile, tablet or laptop :-)

First off. School issued iPads? For what fucking purpose? What a colossal waste of money. Anyway, with that out of the way...not only doe they waste their money but, apparently they also punish the student and not the teacher who is actually responsible for the picture. TENURE!

Becau

Sorry about that then.Also for those who have Ipads/Iphones.....just how easy is to sync to other devices? Because the way I see it either she did by accident or those kids synched to her phone. Like doesn't your device tell you that someone is trying to synch to you?

Edited by xJvilous

First off. School issued iPads? For what fucking purpose? What a colossal waste of money.

For the purpose that paper and printer ink is becoming the more expensive option.

Edited by SuperStingray