Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

Bwahaha, I never owned this game on the gems collection, but my friend did. It reminds me so much of how we used to play it.

I suck at it though, but I have a new found fascination with fighting games, so I do expect to get better at some point.

If anybody ever wants to battle while they see me online, just go ahead and add (PSN: Victorydefender) and we'll battle some day.

Im about to do a live stream of the game if anyone wants to watch me film from a webcam lol. ill post link in a little.

I have to say this is a really nice port ^_^ The character models seem to have been tweak because they are quite well polished compared to the original Gems Collection port, (Woo Amy's Muzzle is the right color)and adding Honey, Metal Sonic and Eggman is a nice extra. The online mode also work really well too. I'm from Australia and I played a match with my friend in England, pretty much no lag! Now if only Sonic Adventure 2 had online...

P.S. I love how that they still spell Dr.Robotnik's name wrong in the intro XD

Edited by CallieMacN
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was rather happy with it in general. Completed out the achievements in about 7 minutes though which was a little disappointing...

...but hell! I can use Fang!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was rather happy with it in general. Completed out the achievements in about 7 minutes though which was a little disappointing...

...but hell! I can use Fang!

And all is right with the world... tongue.png

I enjoyed it too but as someone who didn't play it that much and sucks at fighting games in general, I did pretty badly. Still the easiest 100% XBLA game I've played to date, at least. The models are really cute and I love how it's got some more obscure 90s characters in it. A lot of the attacks and animations are quite adorable also.

I couldn't help but notice though that Amy doesn't appear to have any underwear on, what's up with that? wink.png

Edited by Heybunny
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just want to know, even though I'm probably still going to buy it:

Is there a way to modify the amount of barriers like in the Gems port?

I just want to know, even though I'm probably still going to buy it:

Is there a way to modify the amount of barriers like in the Gems port?

Yep. When you choose Arcade mode, it shows you all the defaults. You can change the time, barriers, rounds and all that good stuff! I think you can also do that when you make a room online too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone else having the odd camera problem with this port? Sometimes it'll get stuck in an awkward zoomed/ diagonal view that makes things harder than they need to be.

Also, is there any way to manually select a stage like you could in the Gems port? Here it seems to force randomly-selected stages...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the Start button changes the camera angle in this version or something.

Edited by XD375

I think the Start button changes the camera angle in this version or something.

Yeah, and select pauses the game. It's kinda odd, I expected start to pause the game and select to change the camera angle.

I love this port! I've never enjoyed Sonic The Fighters on Gems Collection as much as I've enjoyed 1 day of playing this version. All of the new features like Honey are great, and having the ability to modify things such as difficulty, barriers, and time limits makes the game even more cool. I'd say that this game was very well worth the money I payed for it.

You can control all those things on the Gem collection version as well...

Oh. I thought you could only control things like barriers and sounds in that version. Its been pretty long since I've played it. Well, I still prefer this version anyway.

Edited by a present

So..... how does it work if two people are fighting as Robotnik? Since he clones characters if there are two of the same.

Hey just wanted to say, it could be nice to do some rooms with people over the board, you know could be very friendly to play each others or talk about games or others. anyway here my PSN for anyone want to brawl with me a bit. DaisyFan

Welp, it took eleven minutes to beat it once, and then another two to get the missing trophy.

Easy cred there.