Awoo.

Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary

I loved My Gym Partner's A Monkey! Despite its flaws the premise and charm of the characters kept it going.

Disappointed at the under-appreciation of Samurai Jack and Sym-Bionic Titan.

• Thumbs Up 2

Concerning the video, I lost my shit when everyone did "The Monkey" with Johnny.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Jack was on Lady Raincorn and the Titan was in the image.

That pic is glorious...I couldn't see the video though cause it said it has Turner content and it's blocked here...

And...I have a question since I never knew much about it...Wasn't Swat Cats owned by CN? I remember seeing it as a child in CN and I see it had no love there :(

Jack was on Lady Raincorn and the Titan was in the image.

Oh I saw them. But they were gone in a second, while Adventure Time took up the majority of the video.

They also have these neat bumps.

http://youtu.be/amV5E6DrH38

My favorite Cartoon Network shows are Fosters, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack and Regular Show. My favorite character is Tom from Toonami.

Yeah Sym Bionic Titan is very good, shame it didn't last long.

Edited by Ecco

When on earth is Toonami even on? I've never caught it. Is Tom back?

I can't even remember the last time I watched CN.

.......When did you last watch TV?!

Yes Toonami is back, Saturdays at midnight-6am. watch it sometime.

We even have a whole thread dedicated to Toonami. look for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

<p>To be fair, Adventure Time IS kind of their spongebob.

Edited by Luigi the Ghost Hunter

Jack's in the picture, just look at the very left and then go down a bit. Haven't found Aku yet.

They even got Tom (Toonami) in there! On the very right, where Buck from Time Squad is, near the middle.

My most nostalgic show from CN (that isn't one of the oldies that also showed on BBC back then) has to be the Powerpuff Girls. It was just about to premier when our family got Sky and Cartoon Network back in 1998, and even with just the little bits I'd seen at a relative's house I was so excited for it. I watched it and loved it, and got PPG figures for Christmas. In the school time, I remember our parents got me and my sister a Buttercup each (a very random thing to do since they don't usually but gifts like that outside of November/December) and they promised that they'd get Bubbles later. A few weeks later, they got her AND Blossom, and I still have all three plushes in my room (albeit a bit worn due to time).

As you can tell, my fave is Bubbles, she's just so adorable. And she's blue, my fave standalone colour!

Other nostalgic CN shows would be the likes of Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken (Cow is a fave with my mother) and I Am Weasel. Wasn't that fond of anything from Ed, Edd n' Eddy onwards.

Seems like the only retro-CN title not present is Sheep in the Big City. I can't find the sheep, the general, or the lieutenant in the picture nor the video.

I want to say I Mike, Lu, and Og weren't shown either.

But nonetheless, that nostalgia hit me pretty damn hard.

SWAT Kats was my go to show during my weekday afternoons after school on Cartoon Network before Toonami aired. I remember most of the load outs that the Turbokat was equipped with ranging from Cyclotrons to the classic Octopus Missile with a side order of Medieval weapons during a trip to the past. That and Speed Racer (the original not the new one) was also a big show that I enjoyed watching before Toonami came on the air because it got me into following motorsport on the television and playing racing games on the PC.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like CN is airing some of their old shows today on their lineup, according to my cable box. I just woke up to the Powerpuff Girls! (lol mojo being a tranny, shouldn't have this been the techincal final episode?...) even the old logo is back for a day.

Hopefully I get to see some EEnE today.

Edited by goku262002

.......When did you last watch TV?!

Yes Toonami is back, Saturdays at midnight-6am. watch it sometime.

We even have a whole thread dedicated to Toonami. look for it.

I don't really watch it that frequently since I have to work for a living and have better things to do. No need to get snippy.

Back in the day it was on after school. I had no idea they'd be giving it an Adult Swim time slot.

I don't really watch it that frequently since I have to work for a living and have better things to do. No need to get snippy.

Back in the day it was on after school. I had no idea they'd be giving it an Adult Swim time slot.

I'm not, I just sound snippy. INTERNET: where your personality comes off as being a jackass.

"Back in my day", I'm techinally older then you. I should be the one saying that!

I do too work is a total bitch for me, but it doesn't hurt to try to keep up, DVRs are the greatest invention since fire.

Edited by goku262002

I didn't see Space Ghost anywhere, unless I missed him. SG was a CN show way before [as], so I'd think ol' Ghostie would get a spot on the poster or trailer.

The only way i see that happening is by taking down all the bad shows like Ben 10 and from what i hear that's like their cash cow right now.

I kind of agree-ish.

The original series was fantastic. I'd go as far to say it could have been the next Spiderman/Superman kind of thing... But Alien Force & Ultimate Alien were straight up retarded and ruined every aspect that was good about the original. Apart from being prettier, the new Omniverse show is just as bad.

They need to either bring back the original series and make a season 5, or trash the Ben 10 franchise in my opinion. I can't see them coming up with any new half decent ideas for the franchise. It won't be their cashcow for much longer if they continue to ruin it. I heard their ratings dropped too.

the new Omniverse show is just as bad.

I completely disagree. If anything, Omniverse brings back a lot of the genuine fun from the original series and the new art style gives it a really fresh and appealing look after the darker shades and more stagnant character models of AF/UA.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 3

I completely disagree. If anything, Omniverse brings back a lot of the genuine fun from the original series and the new art style gives it a really fresh and appealing look after the darker shades and more stagnant character models of AF/UA.

As I said, it's just prettier.

As I said, it's just prettier.

You seemed to miss a part of his quote.

Doesn't sound like just being prettier.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Goodness, there's too many WB/H-B/CN shows to count that are my favorite-thankfully most if not all of them are getting rep on that big 20 poster.

That pic is glorious...I couldn't see the video though cause it said it has Turner content and it's blocked here...

And...I have a question since I never knew much about it...Wasn't Swat Cats owned by CN? I remember seeing it as a child in CN and I see it had no love there sad.png

Yeah, Swat Cats is part of Cartoon Network, as it was owned by Hanna-Barbera (which of course is either now part of CN Studios or Warner Bros.).

Then again, Ted Turner of Captain Planet infamy got the show cancelled; and for the most part it's been largely ignored by CN.

EDIT:Wow, even Out Of Jimmy's Head got a nod on the 20th Anniversary image!

EDIT 2: There's even the Black Spy in one area of the image...although I don't recall any sort of animation series or MAD shorts of Spy vs. Spy airing on CN....then again I don't watch MAD.

Edited by Zinos

So much nostalgia. . . One day is not enough.

Edited by Rowdyruff Dazzle