Awoo.

The Sonic Fanbase, Circa 1990s! See what our forefathers were talking about

goku262002

This was pretty nice to read, I wonder if some of these people are still active...I'm curious to see what they think of Sonic now.

Edited by Red Wisp

I have no idea what he's trying to imply.

If you read the rest of the post, he goes on to talk about how the only "real" games are sports and other similarly boring things.

First troll ever confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 6

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED.

Im pretty sure the difference between they way they talk to each other and the way we talk to each other has to do with the fact that they belong to a generation for whom the anonymity that the internet provides wasn't something they took for granted and thus wasnt something they exploited. Most people born in the mid 80's or later on the other hand have used the internet to a high degree since either childhood or adolesence, and we are so used to the idea that it is a platform where we can say whatever we want without consequences that we exploit the hell out of this, in other words act like assholes.

Which is why even to this day, people of a certain age rarely act as immaturely on the internet as us younger folks. In other words, merely being on the internet doesnt make for a high chance of a person acting like an asshole on it. Its more like having grown up with the internet (and thus having grown up with and take for granted the culture of anonymity and "i can say whatever the fuck i want" of it) makes for a high chance of a person acting like an asshole on it.

Edited by batson

When have we ever had an actual, genuine argument about Sonic having green eyes?

There were a handful when Sonic Adventure was first revealed.

I just found this while looking up "sonic adventure' on Google Groups.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!search/sonic$20adventure$201999/alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast/MeFAWNxJfq0/7Piszq8sT8EJ

How do you get "Big"? I read in Game FAQs.com that to get Big, you

need to finish watching the crdits on Amy roll by. When we did that

Bigs was still not playable.

What do u do?

Only if he would know if the insipid evils coming soon to him.

2. Let's now move on to Sonic Adventure 3, this is how Naka-san summed it up

for us:-

- No knuckles, tails specific stages

- No amy or rogue, nor dr robotnic as playable ch.

- The games characters are Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles

- All stages will be optimised for Sonic and Shadow. tails and knuckes will

use these stages in their their respected unique ways.

- Next step in camera system evolution or as Naka-san bluntly put it: "the

best camera system ever seen in any platformer ever"

Graphically, I can tell you this, remember the opening FMV for the original

SA on DC? now imagine those same visuals being drawn in real time and you'll

get some idea towards what sonic team are achieving.

Let me describe a scene which we saw: it showed Sonic coming through a worm

hole from above earth, it then continued to show the hedghog zoom down to

earth at a frightning speed, then they show a horizontal highway that seems

to go on forever just beneath were sonic is about to land and just a

nanosecond before he touches the horizontal road Sonic smoothly and swiftly

transforms from a diving postion into that of his infamous running postion

and as soon as his foot lands on the road this position change is complete

and he continues to run at a frightingly mind altering speed straight down

the absolute horizontal highway.

Man, you really have to see this to believe it, because words cannot

describe how mind boggling this looked, and I can quite honestly tell you,

forget mario, forget blinx, because this time Sonic Team are going to

deliver, because this was one powerfull demo, the graphics, and gameplay.

The demo finished with the logos, Xbox and Gamecube.

There were many more delights that were shown to us behing closed doors and

I'll be back to post them here on a later date. Right now I need to get some

much needed rest.

So, from los Angelos,

See you soon."

Now according to old IGN writer Collin Williamson, from a post on the Gaming

Age forums, the VF Quest info is correct. However there's much debate over

the SA3 info, with many people claiming it's BS.

*OMINOUS THEME*

I'm sorry, but this interested me. Was this a real thing of sorts or what? Did it become Sonic Heroes? Is the clip that this man describes up to see on any websites?

I'm sorry, but this interested me. Was this a real thing of sorts or what? Did it become Sonic Heroes? Is the clip that this man describes up to see on any websites?

Probably just 2002's equivalent of Sonic Dimensions.

Edited by Chili Dawg

If it's not bullshit, it's Sonic Heroes. A long time ago there used to be an article on 1up (I think) which in an interview with Iizuka/someone on Sonic Team, that Sonic Heroes was to be Sonic Adventure 3, if thats accurate, then it might be supported by this.

Got the link to the full article?

A Sonic Adventure with just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow actually sounds nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay guys, I have updated the first post with more game search results for more main series games. I will be adding results from the handheld games tommorow.

I also added a X-treme and Shuffle result just to see what the fanbase was thinking when those games were the talk at the time.

Only gonna get worse from there, pal! Wait till you meet Mr. Dimps!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S LIKE NOTHING'S CHANGED.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

there was a 'computer room'

COMPUTAH ROOOOOOOOOOM!

*cough* Sorry...

Yeah, as a kid I never came across other Sonic fans, it was a bit sad really... There was also no way in hell I was going to use school computers to look up other Sonic fans as well, I knew someone who got banned from using school computers for checking their email! No joke. I only really met some of the fanbase itself around year 2000 when I finally got my own computer... and even then it was a specific niche of the fandom. So it's highly likely I might be as old as some of these guys, but I never would have come across them...

Edited by MamboCat

2. Let's now move on to Sonic Adventure 3, this is how Naka-san summed it up for us:-

- No knuckles, tails specific stages - No amy or rogue, nor dr robotnic as playable ch.

- The games characters are Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles

- All stages will be optimised for Sonic and Shadow. tails and knuckes will use these stages in their their respected unique ways.

- Next step in camera system evolution or as Naka-san bluntly put it: "the best camera system ever seen in any platformer ever"

Graphically, I can tell you this, remember the opening FMV for the original SA on DC? now imagine those same visuals being drawn in real time and you'll get some idea towards what sonic team are achieving. Let me describe a scene which we saw: it showed Sonic coming through a worm hole from above earth, it then continued to show the hedghog zoom down to earth at a frightning speed, then they show a horizontal highway that seems to go on forever just beneath were sonic is about to land and just a nanosecond before he touches the horizontal road Sonic smoothly and swiftly transforms from a diving postion into that of his infamous running postion and as soon as his foot lands on the road this position change is complete and he continues to run at a frightingly mind altering speed straight down the absolute horizontal highway. Man, you really have to see this to believe it, because words cannot describe how mind boggling this looked, and I can quite honestly tell you, forget mario, forget blinx, because this time Sonic Team are going to deliver, because this was one powerfull demo, the graphics, and gameplay.

The demo finished with the logos, Xbox and Gamecube.

I'll be honest......that sounds really fucking awesome. I'm kinda pissed that, if this was real at one point, it never came to fruition. From what I can gather, Sonic, Shadow, Tails and Knux were all gonna share the same stages, which means they would all have get-to-the-goal gameplay, plus promise of a great camera system....................it all just sounds awesome.

It's possible there could have been something to that, since we know they were making Sonic Adventure 3 at one point, but I think it's more than likely that info was just a hoax.

Added what handheld games I could and the left I just put "N/A" as the seach results I put in wern't getting anything.

If you guys find any interesting threads, post them and I'll put them in the first post.