Awoo.

Barney & Friends Thread

Shrek

Yeah, I'll admit, I watched this show too as well as own a few Barney VHS and toys.

Oh and by-the-way, if you think Barney as a purple dinosaur in a costume is scary......just wait until you see him in {hand)puppet form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jHh0Szx7Zg

HOLY FUCK KILL IT WITH FIRE

Edited by Grunkle Grouch
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, it's weird. I watched this when I was a kid, and somehow didn't grow up to be a stupid, unadjusted asshole! How strange!

Seriously guys, some of these replies are fucking ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Someday, mankind will create Uncanny CGI Barney, and there will be no escape.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Yeah, I'll admit, I watched this show too as well as own a few Barney VHS and toys.

Oh and by-the-way, if you think Barney as a purple dinosaur in a costume is scary......just wait until you see him in {hand)puppet form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jHh0Szx7Zg

HOLY FUCK KILL IT WITH FIRE

That's a costume too, my friend. XD In fact, this was one of Barney's designs in the Barney & The Backyard Gang video series (which came before the TV show).

Yeah, I'm kinda rolling my eyes at some of these responses. 8[a I mean, I might not be a big Barney buff, but I do appreciate the nostalgic value it holds. I loved it right up until age seven, and it's really a harmless show. At least it's more educational than Teletubbies.

Yeah, I'm kinda rolling my eyes at some of these responses. 8[a I mean, I might not be a big Barney buff, but I do appreciate the nostalgic value it holds. I loved it right up until age seven, and it's really a harmless show. At least it's more educational than Teletubbies.

Yeah, I remember kids in Infants School who liked watching the Teletubbies even at the age of 6/7 I hated it apart of poking fun at their names, at least Barney talks as goofy as he sounds is!smile.png

Anyway, I used to watch Barney when I was really young apart from I can't really remember watching it. My mum says I use to flip my shit at the closing song as Barney says goodbye.

Though if I watched it now I would probably be a mixture of nostalgia and cringing at how corny it is.

Like Mega has said its pretty harmless.wink.png

Although Barney's songs recieve flack for being simplistic, to those of us that watched the show as a kid (and in my case, still do), they're still memorable.

One of the Barney songs that I like (and I like nearly all of them), besides the obvious choices of I Love You and the Barney Theme Song, is the song "Someone to Love You Forever." Even if you're not a Barney fan, I still reccomend giving it a listen:

Barney would later sing this on an album and in the recent stage show "Barney Live in Concert - Birthday Bash." The latter usage is nearly as touching as the usage in A Welcome Home seen above, as the purple guy sings it as a gift to his friends, telling them that he'll love them no matter what happens:

Note: SonHOG is not responsible if you cry manly tears. That said, if you do, you're in good company.

I watched Barney as a kid, until my disgruntled step-father shamed me for it. Seriously, screw him.

Anyway, the show was pretty good. Taught you good stuff and whatnot. Do you know what I remember?

The Barney Movie:

Barneys_Great_Adventure.jpg

Basically, if I could sum up this movie in a few words: It's Barney on a bigger budget. Everything about it is so... big. You'd think they would just screw around with it since it's for kids, but it actually had a pretty unique take on the whole thing. Instead of the usual backyard gang or schoolhouse or whatever the original location was, Barney is actually just a doll that no one really believes exists, and it's these 2 girls who bring him to life with the power of imagination. Then there's this little turd of a kid who is a jerk to Barney the whole time, being the embodiment of, well, every kid who outgrows Barney. So Barney and these kids raise hell across the city looking for some magical egg or something to that effect.

I dunno. Most people hated it. I think it was pretty clever for a kid's show.

...last I saw it. It's been years. It's probably horrible.

Except for this part.

Barney, breaking into a fancy restaurant singing a jazzy song while these kids insult everyone's food. It's absurdly funny.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Ah, Barney's Great Adventure....

I think it's a pretty unique take on the Barney universe and it's still a film I like, even with its flaws.

Funny enough, one fellow Barney fan HATES this movie (although it's far from the worst he's seen)