Awoo.

Doctor "Eggman" Robotnik from a Design Standpoint

Jack / Joker

Eggman is one of those characters where even though they're the bad guy and you're suppost to hate them they have a charm to them that still makes you kinda love them. His design lends so much to this. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog got his personality nearly perfect down before he even had a personality. When they redesigned him and gave him dialogue in the 3D games they didn't really find a comfortable place for his personality until Sonic Unleashed.

Is the OP The Great Clement, by any chance?! The Glorious Eggman?! tongue.png

I quite like the classic (JP version at least) and modern designs, but yeah I would agree that the modern design looks better in 3D. His design at the moment is pretty great, that Sonic 06 one was bloody awful. Did they model it on any person in particular?! wacko.png

I quite liked Fleetway's version of ole Egghead, he was basically AoSTH's Robotnik but with the ridicule removed and evil added back in:

Robotnik-STC.png

Well, some ridicule was left.. http://eggmanempire....nthelife/36.jpg

By the Sonic Adventure arc he ended up looking a bit more walrusy:

Still looks mental and could probably squash you in a single wrestling move!

Edited by MamboCat
  • Thumbs Up 1

I *wish* I was the Great Clement. tongue.png but I rival his love of--

"The EGG-man!"

--yes, Doc, that's you...

"Son of a BITCH!"

As do I!

Clement's the Let's Play one, Gordon's the topic making one... and I'm the muriously fasturbating one.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I do really like this artwork however. That pose, that glorious pose.

443px-London2012_Eggman.png

I like the new Eggman design a lot. Probably second to the original classic design.

Eggman seems very hi-res and fantastic to look at in Wreck-it Ralph, it seems like as of Mario & Sonic 2012 the characters have updated renders, looks amazing. Dem mustache hairs!

That he does. I hope to hear some dialogue from the great Mike Pollock in the movie as Robotnik, which I'm pretty sure we'll see.

The SatAM version is more scarey and badass:

Dr-Robotnik-Sonic-SatAm.jpg

I admit they should have used that version in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

What.

SatAM Robotnik - already an over-the-top (yes, even more than Game Robotnik) design, with Sonic 06's realism?

*shudder* That would be terrifying, and not in a good way.

• Thumbs Up 2

*sigh* ah yes, that's glorious Ivo's lesser known brother Julian. He auditioned for the boxart of a few games but Ivo got all the fame and bitches. His big break was appearing in SatAM, a show that Ivo turned down as he was more interested in AoStH. Julian portrayed Dr. Eggman in Sonic '06 after a makeover while Ivo was too busy having a nude photoshoot for Dictators Gone Wild...

• Thumbs Up 3

Then after Sonic 06, Ivo took him round the corner and pity-shot him to death, making up a story about some "Ultimate Annihilator" or other backfiring on him.

Meanwhile, space theme parks. Good times.

If anything this would've made 06 Eggman look more disturbing if you can believe that. They were going for more realistic with him not out of date saturday morning cartoon supervillian.

satam_dr__robotnik_by_iceblazer17-d1wgdw3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Spinball-Robotnik was the result of him eating too many gobstoppers, but his unrivalled hatred of Sonic cancelled out the blue skin side-effect.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Spinball-Robotnik was the result of him eating too many gobstoppers, but his unrivalled hatred of Sonic cancelled out the blue skin side-effect.

Wrong Wonka candy.

The Spinball design is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's like a mix Eggman and AoSTH Robotnik. Also GAPPED TEETH FTW

Edited by autocon99

How's 'bout his in game design from Sonic Spinball (Genesis)?

Eggman accidentally ate a Mega Mushroom while gloating over the Veg-O'-Matic's supposed awesomeness. Why do you think he looked so mad when you finally make it up to his board?

• 3 weeks later...

wreckitralphcseggman.png

He appears to be contemplating a very delicious-looking sandwich here. My god they've upped the sinister here, and it's actually working for once! And the mustache... too glorious for words... should've... sent a poet...

• Thumbs Up 3

Can I throw in a couple of challengers?

robnik2.jpg

Robotnik from Underground, basically satAM robotnik with both his arms roboticized. I personally like underground, I know a lot of people here don't.

Robotnik-Jr..png

Robotnik Junior from AoSTH

and a personal favourite

Robotnik_%28STC178%29.jpg

STC Robotnik inhis SA gear, after losing his mind and hiding away for a little while this was Robotnik's last stand in STC, strong willed and determined, awesome, just awesome.

Edited by Jake Bird