Awoo.

Doctor "Eggman" Robotnik from a Design Standpoint

Jack / Joker

You know for the longest time I always thought that yellow pattern on Eggmans shirt was just that a pattern. Then I come to Sonic CD and notice it's actually a cape as it's flapping in the wind.

57230473-mind-blown-.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

You know for the longest time I always thought that yellow pattern on Eggmans shirt was just that a pattern. Then I come to Sonic CD and notice it's actually a cape as it's flapping in the wind.

Strangely, it took me until Sonic Generations to figure that out...

• Thumbs Up 1

Inb4Vampfox.

*sigh* Oh yeah.... that's gonna be fun dry.png

But back on the topic of Eggman I'm suprised no one brought this one up yet.

concept.jpg

Strangely, it took me until Sonic Generations to figure that out...

Thing was it actually made sense within the context of his adopted nickname. He wanted to be a supervillian which was why he wore a cape all the time and introduced himself as Eggman.

Edited by Balding Spider

I like both Classic and Modern designs, but I think the Modern one looks better in 3D. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing Modern in 3D more than Classic, as is the case with Sonic too.

I concur with Komodin as well, it seemed like the art wasn't that clear, or that I wasn't ever paying attention because Classic Eggman is so ROUND.

But back on the topic of Eggman I'm suprised no one brought this one up yet.

concept.jpg

Ah yes, Dr. Uvi "Beeman" Robotnik, Eggman's dumbass bumbling cousin, spawn of Goblin-Weil. He's always a good laugh, but I'll stick with Ivo.

However I was always too busy expressing my sympathy for the unfortunately-shaped fellow in the lower left corner.

The SatAM design is the absolute epitome of bland evil. There is nothing intimidating about the design, any malevolence is hugely offset by the fact that the designers were trying too hard with the red-on-black eyes, cone head and cape.

Modern Eggman gets down a great balance of comical and daunting. '06 Eggman design proves that Eggman was yet another victim of the awful premise of 'realism' that game had, throwing out his bombasticness for an ugly design that flies in the face of one of the things that makes Eggman a distinctly appealingly-designed human character; His exagerratedness.

I really don't think that revealed eyes on current modern Eggman would do his design much favor at all. He's fine with those round lenses. They're iconic next to his mustache.

• Thumbs Up 2

In regards to Robotnik's eyes (and this is going with the blue ones, not the cliche red robot ones), I agree that the glasses reign supreme, but I think it'd be cool if we saw them now and then, and for only a second or so. A sort of subtle Where's Waldo, if you will.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Sonic-Free-Riders-Eggman-artwork.png

Joker likes this.

I feel like Eggman *could* work with the red lights dealie, but only for comedic effect. Like when he has angry time :P but apart from that, keep them behind those dashing pince-nez...

I always liked that artwork despite the Riders Hand Syndrome.

I'd just excuse it as a malfunctioning disguised Egg Robo.

Indeed. So good you can see it in his eyes when we can't even see his eyes.

Ivo knows how to work the magic.

No, son. It's okay. You're simply undergoing the effects to Egg Withdrawal.

Just let it settle, be at ease, and soon you'll feel relaxed, and at a state of complete tranquility, for the doctor will satisfy your every need. Probably.

Ok, I think I'm good after a proper diagnosis from a doctor.

On an unrelated note, I really like the remix of E.G.G.M.A.N a lot, it's fantastic.

Ok, I think I'm good after a proper diagnosis from a doctor.

On an unrelated note, I really like the remix of E.G.G.M.A.N a lot, it's fantastic.

Eh, I prefer the Sonic Unleashed/Colors Eggman theme over all.

I do really like this artwork however. That pose, that glorious pose.

443px-London2012_Eggman.png

So which game went and introduced us to render?