Awoo.

Best level in Sonic 4: Episode 2

Bright Eyes

I really enjoyed Sky Fortress. Since the original was such a short level it was the most appreciated remake level for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I also kinda liked Death Egg Mk II. Except maybe the race with Metal Sonic, despite how easy it is.

No stage stood out to me in S4E2. I mean slyvannia and white park visually looked the best, just that the game was so blah to me that nothing stood out as something AMAZING. And since I've never picked up the final emerald, I don't have an opinion about the veery final boss. (which is probably another Super Sonic fight)

No stage stood out to me in S4E2. I mean slyvannia and white park visually looked the best, just that the game was so blah to me that nothing stood out as something AMAZING. And since I've never picked up the final emerald, I don't have an opinion about the veery final boss. (which is probably another Super Sonic fight)

You get fuck all for achieving all seven chaos emeralds. Ken Balough said something different does happen when you collect all emeralds, which they decided not to put in the finished product. Whether we see this different ending (or whatever it is) depends on whether we get an Ep3 or not.

Edited by NightwingFox

Sylvan or however the fuck it is spelled Castle Zone: Oh look, an Aquatic Ruin rehash! I honestly don't know why I was expecting originality at this point, but WHATEVER! It seems like an odd rehash choice for a first stage, cause the tone of the level doesn't really fit it well, but the design makes up for it I guess. The springs you have to flip over were interesting and in some spots the homing attack was used for a purpose other than spamming it at bubbles chains. Overall a decent stage.

White Park Zone: Half original, half rehash from a scrapped Sonic 2 level. Doesn't really have a whole lot of Carnival Gimmicks, and there are aren't really any snow based gimmicks, which is a massive waste of potential. In fact, this is probably wasted potential, the stage! (The official wasted potential game is of course Generations) Act 2 was basically automate then get hit cheaply: the leve and act 3 is simply a big underwater stage where you pretty much spam the Tails swimming move until you win. The boss fight was okay, but it drags on for quite a while and it takes more hits than it should. The music also sounds like ass on the XBLA version, due to the bass line being amped.

Oil Desert. This zone sucks, plain and simple. Of course it is the home of Robotnik's might Duck Orchestra but honestly the music ain't bad. This is the level where Dimps shitty decision to put a giant fucking bottomless pit at the end of every level they have ever made ever becomes most apparent, as once again they shove the Tails move up your ass but this time it is 100% cheaper with Orbinauts attack's which THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO AVOID

Sky Fortress Zone: Arguably the best zone in the game. Sure, its a lazy ass Wing Fortress Rehash, but its decent. Nothing much to say.

Death Egg MK II: I wouldn't really call this a level, considering you're just holding right the whole time and occasionally jumping in traditional Sonic Rush fashion. The Metal Sonic fight was shit due to music sucking and it being too easy due to a certain 69 attack...

The final boss was great though.

Edited by Frost

Sylvan or however the fuck it is spelled Castle Zone: Oh look, an Aquatic Ruin rehash! I honestly don't know why I was expecting originality at this point, but WHATEVER! It seems like an odd rehash choice for a first stage, cause the tone of the level doesn't really fit it well, but the design makes up for it I guess. The springs you have to flip over were interesting and in some spots the homing attack was used for a purpose other than spamming it at bubbles chains. Overall a decent stage.

White Park Zone: Half original, half rehash from a scrapped Sonic 2 level. Doesn't really have a whole lot of Carnival Gimmicks, and there are aren't really any snow based gimmicks, which is a massive waste of potential. In fact, this is probably wasted potential, the stage! (The official wasted potential game is of course Generations) Act 2 was basically automate then get hit cheaply: the leve and act 3 is simply a big underwater stage where you pretty much spam the Tails swimming move until you win. The boss fight was okay, but it drags on for quite a while and it takes more hits than it should. The music also sounds like ass on the XBLA version, due to the bass line being amped.

Oil Desert. This zone sucks, plain and simple. Of course it is the home of Robotnik's might Duck Orchestra but honestly the music ain't bad. This is the level where Dimps shitty decision to put a giant fucking bottomless pit at the end of every level they have ever made ever becomes most apparent, as once again they shove the Tails move up your ass but this time it is 100% cheaper with Orbinauts attack's which THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO AVOID

Sky Fortress Zone: Arguably the best zone in the game. Sure, its a lazy ass Wing Fortress Rehash, but its decent. Nothing much to say.

Death Egg MK II: I wouldn't really call this a level, considering you're just holding right the whole time and occasionally jumping in traditional Sonic Rush fashion. The Metal Sonic fight was shit due to music sucking and it being too easy due to a certain 69 attack...

The final boss was great though.

White park had some snow gimmicks. Like the burrowing through snow.....and the snowballs. Uh...I think that's it.

And that's why you liked it? tongue.png

I'm so used at answering what my least favorite thing is when talking about Sonic 4, so I said my most hated one instead of my best one...

• 1 month later...

Sky Fortress! And the worst was definitely Oil Desert... Those dung beetle enemies were so frustrating.

They were the new slicers.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would have to say Sylvania Castle Act 3. Nice background, decent platforming, and an interesting use of the homing attack.

• 8 months later...

Hmm. I really like the Metal Sonic boss stages, even if it's only for the music.

I loved the Metal stages!  Awesome Music.