Awoo.

Why was my topic locked?/No Sonic 06 topics?

Badnik Mechanic

There have been an absurd amount of Sonic '06 topics lately, so they're going to focus it all onto one topic.

I tried to be funny?

I just wanted to make a topic like the Positivity Thread for Sonic 4 considering every single time the game gets mentioned there's always rage.

I didn't mean ANYTHING BAD WITH IT.

Wouldn't posting your post in the Who loves Sonic 06 just start a argument between those who like the game and those who don't? I don't get it? huh.png

Wouldn't posting your post in the Who loves Sonic 06 just start a argument between those who like the game and those who don't? I don't get it? huh.png

Because if the topic is called 'who loves Sonic 06' One would expect to find praise for it. Which isn't what my topic was about. However now I see it's been renamed, we've got a generic Sonic 06 topic.

Are we now going to have seperate topics for all Sonic's games?

I know you put a lot of effort into your post Hogfather and I honestly did not notice it when I locked Hydrocity's topic, but I also just renamed that topic I linked into a more of a general Sonic 2006 topic so you're free to post it there. It is not a ban of Sonic 2006 discussion so much as trying to cut back on the plethora of new topics being made on it these past few weeks, kinda like what I did when we were getting tired of cannibalism news topics being made.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm not quoting anyone in particular with this, but this seems to be the current complaint people are saying if I'm understanding the discussion.

Theres too many Sonic 06 topics

Really... lets look.

(which was basically a clone of this one).

one I made which prompted the above).

Thats two topics which were on Page 1 as the other would have been locked anyway due to it being a duplicate topic? Am I wrong in that assumption?

You then have to go to around page 3/4 to find this one. "Should there be a and 'Was sonic 06 supposed to be thats if I'm being extremely strict about what is/isn't a Sonic 06 topic. Both of which have been dead since early-mid august.

Unless I've missed the obvious, can someone point out all these topics to me which are clogging up the first page?

====

Edit: The only topic I can find about Sonic 06 which is specifically about that game, is on Page 8 of the Sonic discussion... last post? June 18th.

====

I know the obvious claim people are going to make is 'you wouldn't care if it wasn't a topic you'd made.' fair point, like I said, I put a lot of time and effort into that, and when I posted that, there was nothing on the forum that meant I couldn't do it. I don't think it's fair at all to limit discussion to one topic just because a minority of people don't want to talk about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fact of the matter is Hogfather, sometimes mods just don't notice these topics happening, or maybe we do but we forget about past ones, or more accurately, we tend to not care about going to the Sonic discussion forum.

Yes we've had past Sonic 2006 topics, and generally we discourage people making duplicate topics anyway. But the surge of 2006 topics being made as of late just made me decide that enough was enough at least for now.

Your topic was not in any way bad. It just had the misfortune of being made when I decided that I was getting sick of seeing 2006 topics, and no your topic didn't trigger that "enough is enough" decision, it was the other topic. I'm sorry that your topic was short-lived but you are perfectly free to post it in the existing 2006 thread, and I'm not out to make your hard work go to waste.

But the surge of 2006 topics being made as of late just made me decide that enough was enough at least for now.

But there hasn't been, unless I'm missing something and I'm certainly open to being shown that.

From what I can see, theres the ones I quoted which are directly about the game, theres the other two which are barely about the game at all, in fact thinking about it, the Silver one isn't a Sonic 06 topic at all since it's about the character.

I just checked every page in the Sonic general discussion to see if I could find them. The only other topic I could find which is about Sonic 06 was on Page 8, the last post was made on June 18th, Which is over two months ago.

If the argument against anymore Sonic 06 topics because theres too many of them. Where are they? Because looking at the topics in the Sonic discussion, there were only 2 active ones., 3 if you include the one I made. In fact opening this one up to the people who complained about them all, where are these topics which are flooding the forum?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do people even still WANT to talk about '06 is my question :/

Because it's a Sonic game, and we're on a Sonic forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to be honest. I read these '06 threads, but never bothered to give my opinions on those threads because it comes to my mind...why are we still discussing a 6 year old game. It's not even a good game that we should be remembering. This is a game we should be forgetting.

I wonder where this 'boom' started with all these '06 threads. However, I have to admit Hog's thread was the best out of all of them.

EDIT: Why not Generations? SA2? SA? The games that were actually good? Why this game?

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Then why aren't there four 3D Blast topics on the front page as well? That's a Sonic game too.

Then why aren't there four 3D Blast topics on the front page as well? That's a Sonic game too.

Because no one cares for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder where this 'boom' started with all these '06 threads.

Again.... Where are these threads?

Why this game?

Because people wanted to talk about it?

I think this is the last I'm going to say on this for now but unless someone can point out to everyone here where this boom of Sonic 06 threads is, not say 'oh theres so many threads in there', actually show where the threads are so we can look at when the last post was made, because 3 topics (again I point out, 1 is a duplicate topic) is not a boom at all, and if that is all it takes to cause a 'general game thread' then this is a decision I disagree with.

• Thumbs Up 3

Again.... Where are these threads?

There "were" four active '06 threads. Can't be bothered to link them, so look for them in the Sonic Discussion forum.

Because people wanted to talk about it?

Yeah and if you want to, discuss it in ONE thread. Not make another.

We're still discussing Sonic 1; in the eyes of some people that's not a good game and that's 21 years old.

In my opinion SA2 isn't a good game, yet people are still discussing that, and were before word of a re-release happened. '06 was a huge part of Sonic history, in fact I would go to say gaming history as a whole; even if it's bad, it doesn't change that.

• Thumbs Up 1

All I saw from Hogfather's post was a funny well-written document of Sonic 06.

"But we can discuss the negatives!"

My god guys, it wasn't like we haven't discussed them for 6 years! It seems highly ironic where SSMB keeps telling sites to stop talking about 06 and then a thread pops up with people wanting to discu-

..I give up

Maybe HogFather should have just written an article on the news site or bumped up an older topic? Reviving dead threads with epic posts could have had the same effect.

A VERY well thought out topic on Sonic 2006 with 38 likes made by one of Sonic Stadium's own staff and respected forum user is not like generic Sonic 2006 topic 28,900 about how the game sucks balls. I say unlock the topic due to its professionalism, and lock this one asap before it turns in to a bitching topic.

A VERY well thought out topic on Sonic 2006 with 38 likes made by one of Sonic Stadium's own staff and respected forum user is not like generic Sonic 2006 topic 28,900 about how the game sucks balls. I say unlock the topic due to its professionalism, and lock this one asap before it turns in to a bitching topic.

...and what exactly are we going to discuss in that thread? That's right, how bad '06 was. Which again, can be discussed in that one opened thread.