Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed Limited/Bonus edition Thread

kimplix

I have my Amazon order locked in for the 360 version, but it would be awesome to know where the Hot Wheels car will be available. It feels like it could be a Target or Toys R Us exclusive. Hopefully they advertise where it is BEFORE the weekend before release, because that'll give me time to cancel my Amazon order if need be.

Well, I'm getting the Wii U version. I'll probably get the 3DS one at a later date. Hope I don't have to pay for Metal Sonic in the 3DS version.

360, PS3 and Vita versions. (never bought two of the game on different platforms before...but I did so due to some friends online)

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out the prices of the game today while I was in my local shopping centre.

GAME: £29.99 (PS3 version £25 when bought with any PS3 console)

HMV: £34.99 on Xbox 360 and £27.99 on PS3 (Don't know why there's a difference)

ASDA: £25

Toys R Us: £29.99

Argos: £27.99

Currys Digital: Didn't have the game out.

Sainsbury's: Didn't have the game out.

I got the Xbox 360 version at GAME, because I had £15 on a gift card and £2.56 on a reward card to use.

Still no word from SoA on that Danicar toy. :P I already bought the game, but I wish we knew how to get it. Hell, I'll buy a second copy of the game, get the car (if packed separate) and return the game.

Checked out the prices of the game today while I was in my local shopping centre.

GAME: £29.99 (PS3 version £25 when bought with any PS3 console)

HMV: £34.99 on Xbox 360 and £27.99 on PS3 (Don't know why there's a difference)

ASDA: £25

Toys R Us: £29.99

Argos: £27.99

Currys Digital: Didn't have the game out.

Sainsbury's: Didn't have the game out.

I got the Xbox 360 version at GAME, because I had £15 on a gift card and £2.56 on a reward card to use.

Shoot, I just may grab this after all then if the game is only gonna cost so much.

I'll be getting the 360 version, possibly the 3DS version too.

I got the Bonus Edition. I'm new with these series, so I only tried single races.

I managed 3rds and 4ths in Ocean View with Sonic and a 1st with Metal in Dragon Canyon :3 (All in B Class)

bVgDl.jpg

This was given away with pre-orders in Singapore. There was also a notebook too.. Aparently their Generations pre-orders also came with a notebook too.

OKAY! Release day! So any Americans buying their game today get the Danicar at any retailer??

I checked a bunch of online store ads released today and see no mention whatsoever.

I love you SEGA, but you really dropped the ball on this little bit of promoting the game.

@Hogfather: For ASRT, only those two. Generations came with a notebook, badge and sticker but all I prolly have left is the noyebook.

Sorry about that. From what I know, not many people get those.

So.... nobody got a Danicar on release day?

Could these be sold separate as Hot Wheel toys, or bundled with the portable versions?

So.... nobody got a Danicar on release day?

Could these be sold separate as Hot Wheel toys, or bundled with the portable versions?

It wouldn't surprise me if something went wrong and they had to scrap that bonus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, lookie what finally surfaced on Ebay!

KGrHqJpYFCJGVwTL5BQwoUlwPw60_57.jpg

It's a Gamestop exclusive, but they haven't mentioned any pre-order bonuses, so I assume that they're just selling them in the front of the store with the other game-related toys. Good to know that I won't have to pick up another copy of the game to add one to my collection. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone able to pick me up one? I'll be happy to pay for the shipping and what-have-you.

I went to a gamestop and apparently they are going to give out the car when you buy something (I'm assuming Tranformed)

Tomorrow they have a sale and are supposedly going to start o give out the car then.

Sorry for the second post, but I'm putting this for the members that don't go into the market place: ResizedImage_1355098485931.jpg

So apparently you do need to get the game in order to get the car. BUT you can do what I did.

1. Buy the game and get the car

2. Return game to get a refund

If you want to get two cars

1. When returning the game go to another Gamestop

2. When returning it mention the promotion and how you didn't get the car

3. Get a second car!

You can also do this in the same Gamestop but with different employees. Also mention is for a little sibling or something to get sympathy points from the employee.

P.S. I'm already offering the car to a member here, but if they don't want it I'll sell the car to someone else.

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen any versions that aren't the 'Special Edition' anywhere, at all?

At the moment it just feels like the kind of thing where they slap 'Special Edition' on the cover to make it look like you're getting something extra when in reality, the special edition is the only edition.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen any versions that aren't the 'Special Edition' anywhere, at all?

At the moment it just feels like the kind of thing where they slap 'Special Edition' on the cover to make it look like you're getting something extra when in reality, the special edition is the only edition.

SEGA said the Limited Edition is while stocks last and then they'll ship normal copies. The Wii U version is the Special Edition with the content already built in, so I imagine that version will just stay as the Special Edition to continue to inform potential customers that the content is built into that version.

Except that the reason the Wii U content was included on disk was that they weren't certain that the online would be up and available immediately (and perhaps weren't sure how well it would work).  So they may very well make the content available as DLC alongside any future DLC and print future disks sans content.

Except that the reason the Wii U content was included on disk was that they weren't certain that the online would be up and available immediately (and perhaps weren't sure how well it would work).  So they may very well make the content available as DLC alongside any future DLC and print future disks sans content.

S0L actually mentioned the Wii U versions deserved the title a bit more cause it has extra game modes.

There's also the fact the Limited Edition versions have shiny cases, but the Wii U Special Edition is plain and normal.