Awoo.

E-123 Omega

Fairfieldfencer

I'm assuming the "Ergo" you're refering to is the little helper robot. That, actually, was named SA-55 in the script we were given, and I don't recall it ever being refered to by name. The idea being that it's l33t-speak for "sass."

The name seemed a little random at first, but it does make sense now. Neat.

• 1 month later...

Behold, Omega's latest appearance and debut in the Archie comics!

su3.jpg

su3_1.jpg

su3_2.jpg

su3_3.jpg

su3_4.jpg

su3_5.jpg

"Old Soldiers": Shadow is sent into the remote mountains to find E-102 Gamma. At the same time, Dr. Robotnik launches the over-powered E-123 Omega to hunt down and destroy the rogue robot! It's a race against time to see if Shadow can save Gamma and offer him asylum - if Gamma even wants to be saved! It's the latest installment of this exciting new series presenting unifying continuity while spotlighting the many characters from Sonic's various video games and animated series.

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn.

ART: Tracy Yardley.

Shipping Date: April 22nd, 2009

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: April 29th, 2009

On Sale on Newsstands: May 12th, 2009

32-page, full color comic

$2.50 US

It might also have something to do with 4Kids, because in the Japanese version of Sonic X, Gamma, (voiced by Omega's VA Taiten), had the same sounding voice as in the games.

Sonic X - Episode 29 - Part 2 (Japanese)

Yeah, the difference in actual voices isn't that significant compared to the difference in distortion effects they used. Omega's new voice is pretty lame.

And Shadow seems to be emo-ing all over the place once again.

Andrew Rannells sucked as Gamma in Sonic X, so I was pleased he didn't screw with Omega in the same way. It's a shame he's retired, though.

Omega's new voice is pretty lame.
I wouldn't worry about it since Omega's 06 VA died. (My respects) Edited by A Ham Sandwich

• 8 months later...

I recently made a discovery and I'd like as much insight on it as possible. Maddie Blaustein was credited along with Jon St. John in the DS version of Mario & Sonic at Olympic Winter Games, and I've been looking through the Wii credits's on YouTube and there's not a mention of St. John, and only credits Blaustein. Now, Big doesn't get a speaking role in the Wii version. I don't even think he gets an appearance. But in the DS version he does and it's definitely St. John who speaks, as Big hasn't received a voice actor since Sonic Heroes and the line was definitely from that game. IGN says development for the game started in 2007, way before Maddie died, and in cartoons the voicing is one of the first things needed to get sorted out, so is it possible that the voice of Omega in this game was actually Blaustein on her/his own?

I don't care what ANYONE says; Omega isn't (and will never be) as awesome as the other E-100 Series robots from Sonic Adventure...

Gamma & Beta MK. II FTW!

I'm surprised at how many of you hated his 06 voice, I thought it was more fitting than his Sonic Heroes voice, which I personally disliked. But there I go again being the weirdo.

I never really cared much for Omega until Sonic 06. He seemed to really connect on a more personal level with Shadow and Rouge in that game, I thought he felt bad for having to seal Shadow away and it was about as much emotion he had shown that wasn't "MUST GET REVENGE."

I quite like him now, I wouldn't say I jump with joy when he's going to appear in a game but I would be a little sad if he suddenly blew up. He needs more development though, all I've really seen is a robot who blindly follows orders. He rebelled against Eggman in heroes only to end up a puppet of the government. If 06 is anything to go by, Omega WOULD have ended up sealing Shadow away because he didn't have a mind of his own to say "Hang on a sec, Shadow is my buddy I can't lock him away."

That being said, he seems to stick by Shadow and Rouge like he's smothered in glue, even at the end of Heroes and 06 he's there fighting alongside them despite already fulfilling his revenge mission. He has potential to go further than Gamma did but Sega haven't utilized that yet.

I like Omega okay, but like said before, Beta MKII is wayyyy more awesome. It's too bad that awesome hunk o' robot only made it for a small scene in one game..

That being said, he seems to stick by Shadow and Rouge like he's smothered in glue, even at the end of Heroes and 06 he's there fighting alongside them despite already fulfilling his revenge mission. He has potential to go further than Gamma did but Sega haven't utilized that yet.

I really like the relationship Omega has with those two, but I think part of his problem is that he's interacted with almost nobody else. Even in Team Dark's regular clashes with everyone else under the sun, I don't think he's said a single word to Sonic, never mind people like Tails or Knuckles. ...okay, there was Chronicles, but he was optional and he didn't have much dialogue. Give him some time to interact with some of the other heroes or even give him a little one-on-one time with Eggman himself and I think he'd see a lot of improvement. It'd be interesting to see him spend some time with Amy in particular to really emphasize how different he is from Gamma, for instance.

• Thumbs Up 1