Awoo.

E-123 Omega

Fairfieldfencer

I think SEGA would probably have Chris Collet do the voice of Omega (I actually though it was Blaustien doing Ergo's voice until I watched the credits) but I would prefer someone different, someone who could soun more like St. Jon and Rannels. Still it would be interesting to see Dan Green give it a try, he already does like five or six other characters.

Can't wait for Omega to be in Universe, I think the first issue comes out tomorrow.

I think SEGA would probably have Chris Collet do the voice of Omega (I actually though it was Blaustien doing Ergo's voice until I watched the credits) but I would prefer someone different, someone who could soun more like St. Jon and Rannels. Still it would be interesting to see Dan Green give it a try, he already does like five or six other characters.

Scottie Ray could do an OK job. His voice of Cubix wasn't identicle to Omega but it was pretty good. It was deep and monotone with a slightly human feel. I'd show you a cutscene, but I can't find any. Even the special show-watching-thing on the 4Kids website won't show it. It's there. But it doesn't work.

Can't wait for Omega to be in Universe, I think the first issue comes out tomorrow.

Actually, it comes out today. The 10th of March. It came out earlier in selected shops, though.

Well its still an amazing feat to capture and seal him. If he can do that than killing him shouldn't be that far off out of Omega's capabilities.

What difference does it make who voices him? All you have to do is direct any voice actor to talk in a fast-paced robot tone, add Omega sound effects, and walla.

I actually think that Nick Frost would make a good Omega. Y'know, PC Butterman from Hot Fuzz? At one point I considered doing a Hot Fuzz homage video with Simon Pegg as E-102 Gamma and Frost as Omega, repeating the garden fence scene, chasing after Sonic.

"Come on!"

"Through the gardens?"

"What's the matter Omega? You've never taken a shortcut before?"

Nick Frost, with robotic voice effects. Would work, right?

Edited by Cy-Fox Unit

He is awsome

in sonic 06 there was a rumour that he defeats and seals shadow in the future

maybe anougher game will tell us more

I don't think so, because those events got erased from history at the end of the game, making it so that it never happened.

I don't think so, because those events got erased from history at the end of the game, making it so that it never happened.

Perhaps, but the butterfly effect may prove otherwise. For all we know, Mephiles was presenting Shadow's fate and not his future solely in that timeline.

Just because some of the events were reset doesn't mean that the others still don't apply. And even then, oftentimes in fiction, events from a "past timeline" can still be remembered as a sort of "Deja Vu" in the new timeline. The only reason they might not bring up Sonic '06 again is because it sucked, but they already have continued to make references to it with the "Soleanna Hotel" reference in Sonic Unleashed (nothing important; just a cameo in Empire City), and also Silver's continued existence.

Perhaps, but the butterfly effect may prove otherwise. For all we know, Mephiles was presenting Shadow's fate and not his future solely in that timeline.

This one, specifically, though...wasn't Iblis the reason they went after Shadow in the first place?

It wasn't always their fault. The only time it was when they fired the other voice actors and replaced them with the 4Kids cast. The guy who did Omega's voice in Shadow the Hedgehog quit voice acting for some reason.

Broadway

This one, specifically, though...wasn't Iblis the reason they went after Shadow in the first place?

Yes, but Mephiles said because of humanity's fear of Shadow, they used the Iblis incident as an excuse to seal him away, and to do so, they reprogrammed Omega to capture him.

For all those wondering, Chris Collet was the one who voiced Eggman's robot in Unleashed, (his name is SA-55).

Source? I was under the impression that the helper robot was nameless, and dubbed Ergo by the fandom.

Source? I was under the impression that the helper robot was nameless, and dubbed Ergo by the fandom.

The Sonic comic writer, Ian Flynn, got to look at Sonic Unleashed's script when writing the adaption, and said that the robot was named SA-55.

http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...ight=sa55#28004

Prof. Pickle and Chip might get a kind of nod-and-wink styled mentioning at some point. I'm assuming the "Ergo" you're refering to is the little helper robot. That, actually, was named SA-55 in the script we were given, and I don't recall it ever being refered to by name. The idea being that it's l33t-speak for "sass." All that said, I liked SA-55. It'd be a bit redundant with Snively around, but I'll keep it in mind.

Regarding Omega, I honestly don't know much about the guy at this time, but he seems to have a nice sort of "Incredible Hulk" like appeal. Not that I'm saying he's dumb...rather, I just mean I like the idea of a character obssessed with destroying things for fun, but who manages to have a very real soft side.:D

Regarding Omega, I honestly don't know much about the guy at this time, but he seems to have a nice sort of "Incredible Hulk" like appeal. Not that I'm saying he's dumb...rather, I just mean I like the idea of a character obssessed with destroying things for fun, but who manages to have a very real soft side.:D

Here's an article about him. E-123 Omega

Edited by Fairfieldfencer

I don't like Omega. Nothing will compare to Gamma. He was one of the best E series robots. Omega is only a more powered up version of Gamma. His desigin almost the same.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Lol, hee hee, thanks dude.:D

Don't mention it. I'm proud of that article. I jump at the chance to show it off. ;)

Omega is...alright. I prefer Gamma though. I had alot more sympathy for him, and he was cute too. <=P

I do hope the next VA they choose for Omega is 100 times better than Sonic 06's. No offense to Maddie, but that voice was just terrible. It reminded me alot of Gamma's Sonic X voice aka ET the robot. Not a good thing!

I don't like Omega. Nothing will compare to Gamma. He was one of the best E series robots. Omega is only a more powered up version of Gamma. His desigin almost the same.

I never understood this superficial take. Omega is absolutely nothing like Gamma. Sure, his design is essentially a bulkier version of him, but they are completely different; Gamma seeks purpose and wishes only to help himself and his friends. He doesn't even care about Eggman. Omega, however, is vengeful and violent. He wishes only to help those who help him and to kill those who hinder or underestimate him or his worth.

I do hope the next VA they choose for Omega is 100 times better than Sonic 06's. No offense to Maddie, but that voice was just terrible. It reminded me alot of Gamma's Sonic X voice aka ET the robot. Not a good thing!

You know the guy who voiced Gamma in Sonic X and the guy who voiced Omega in Shadow the Hedgehog. Same person.

Here's a theory about Maddie performance.

I think SEGA must have changed the audio equipment to make people have robotic voices in Sonic 06. I've seen a video of all of Team Dark's cutscenes in Japanese and Taiten Kusunoki, (Omega's JAP VA), sounded way different than in 06.

SONIC HEROES -TEAM DARK- (Japanese)

But listen to the difference in his voice in Sonic 06.

He sounds way different. So... I would blame SEGA for making Omega sound bad and not Maddie. (S)he has proven to have a very deep voice in her/his previous roles. Such as the President in ShtH and the Babylon Guardian in Sonic Riders.

Edited by Fairfieldfencer