Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog Minus Sonic?

SenEDDtor Missile

This thought of mine popped up when I was looking up the TVTropes for Garfield Minus Garfield; What would the Sonic the Hedgehog series (in terms of the stories) be like if Sonic the Hedgehog didn't actually exist?

Now besides the incredibly obvious fact that anything Sonic centered wouldn't exist anymore, or would be entirely different, how would the other characters generally react if Sonic never existed?

I know this topic seems kind of barebones, but I'm still trying to think up answers to my own questions at the moment, and this thing is a bit spur of the moment, so yeah.

Edited by Enigmatus

Could be a good jumping off point of a Tails or Knuckles based spinoff. Basically the last moments of Tails' story in Sonic Adventure stretched to a whole game. Maybe even find out what happened to the blue blur. That's seems like how it would go in-universe.

Nawww, I'd be substantially more interested if this guy was the main protagonist/SEGA chose this design for the AM8 Million Seller Project:

teilz.jpg

Edited by Lennox

Sonic the Hedgehog

- Sonic

the Hedgehog

Simple math problem.

What's the square root of Knuckles?

Actually, this quite a good, fundamental question. I could actually imagine this happening in a storyline, a sort of "it's wonderful life" only with Sonic the hedgehog..

So... Let me anilise what would happen...

Eggman would suceed in concering the world. Because Eggman isn't such a good ruler, it'd be a dark, dystopian world, the type we see in Sonic CD...

Or would it? All of Eggman's "failed" projects we've seen have always been indenpentant. If Eggman conkered the ENTIRE world, would we really see much change? Surely he'd have a team of others to support him. If anything, Eggman would unite the world, bringing it all under one government. Whether or not a world ruled by Eggman is such a bad thing is under debate.

You'd get what the plot of Sonic Generations should've been. Seriously, though, this would be a great premise for a game, even if it is pretty hackneyed.

Although as a question applied to the series, I would guess that the stories would involve a diverse set of heroes - Tails here, Knuckles there - without any kind of unifying presence, and some of the greater threats would require multiple heroes to tackle. But I think Eggman would inevitably win. Sonic's influence ties the rest of the cast together.

I personally think Tails wouldn't be too much of a hero, I mean unless he managed to find his feet without the motivation of not needing Sonic all the time but it was because of Sonic that he came out of his shell, Knuckles would most likely be on Angel Island still. Then we'd have Shadow, who Eggman wouldn't have needed to wake up because his plans worked anyway. God knows what would've happened to Amy since she was captured by Eggman's Metal Sonic who wouldn't exist. However, we can take Mighty and Ray into consideration here, they would be the most likely to try and fight Eggman's rule

Doctor Robotnik (he wouldn't be given the nickname) would probably have turned the whole place into Robotropolis/Eggmanland/Robotnikland and it would basically be SatAM. Tails would be bullied constantly and with no one to help and support him, he would probably die young. Amy would have no one to admire and would probably live a dull, forgettable life. Knuckles would live happily on his island though.

Why not pull a MiB3?

Eggman erases Sonic from time by going back and defeating him when he was younger, altering the future drastically.

Maybe Tails meets Knuckles somehow, and they realize that those Echidna prophecies never came to be?

So they go back in time in order to save the world or something.

Good for a spinoff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not pull a MiB3?

Eggman erases Sonic from time by going back and defeating him when he was younger, altering the future drastically.

Maybe Tails meets Knuckles somehow, and they realize that those Echidna prophecies never came to be?

So they go back in time in order to save the world or something.

Good for a spinoff.

but then the game will force you to play as sonic's shitty friends....non-sonic gamers as well as the gaming press don't want that, and sonic team doesn't want sonic's reputation tarnished again

Edited by Zinos
  • Thumbs Up 1

but then the game will force you to play as sonic's shitty friends....non-sonic gamers as well as the gaming press don't want that, and sonic team doesn't want sonic's reputation tarnished again

I know how to remedy this. Big the Cat is the only one who remembers Sonic, so he goes back in time to save the universe.

And he has to save Froggy, too.

Features:

-Play as Big in 6 1/2 exciting levels!

-Fish for Froggy and Sonic as you jump through time?

-Battle somewhat exciting bosses!

-Go fishing!

It's perfect! Sega has been saved!

Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 2

Easy, Eggman would've been the hero and Big would've been the series resident villain.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, you'd play as Sonic, because all you'd need is some dumb timey plot device to prevent him from getting erased when the rest of the world is changed. Like: Sonic is so fast he outruns the time ripples trying to affect him. Pretty standard stuff.

Wow, this is... sounding like a pretty good idea for a game actually. Anyone seen "Shrek forever after"? It could work a bit like that... Sonic has to race agianst time because if he doesn't... he'd never exist...

Wow, this is... sounding like a pretty good idea for a game actually. Anyone seen "Shrek forever after"? It could work a bit like that... Sonic has to race agianst time because if he doesn't... he'd never exist...

So you want a Sonic game that rips off "It's a Wonderful Life"?

This sentence is Sonic Generations in a nutshell

If they actually did something interesting with it, I wouldn't mind it; it'd be pretty nice to see what everyone's lives would have been like if they'd never met Sonic.