Awoo.

Digimon - Digital Monsters

Soniman

I did always liked Mimi more.

I mean, what?

Oh, nice animation. I still wish we would get actual info on the story instead of context-less clips.

Who's that girl? What Digimon is she holding?

Why is Greymon fighting Kuwagamon other than referencing the first episode?

Will Sorato be retconned to appease the Taiora fans? Will they throw us or a complete loop and go for Jora, Izora, or maybe, gasp, Sorimi?

I did always liked Mimi more.

I mean, what?

Oh, nice animation. I still wish we would get actual info on the story instead of context-less clips.

Who's that girl? What Digimon is she holding?

Why is Greymon fighting Kuwagamon other than referencing the first episode?

Will Sorato be retconned to appease the Taiora fans? Will they throw us or a complete loop and go for Jora, Izora, or maybe, gasp, Sorimi?

As much as I like the Taiora pairing, I'm now kind of hoping nothing is changed in terms of shipping. 

I used to love Digimon as a kid....Then I found Pokemon.

Even as a kid, to me, Digimon had the better show, but Pokemon had the better games. Neither replaced the other.

• Thumbs Up 5

Even as a kid, to me, Digimon had the better show, but Pokemon had the better games. Neither replaced the other.

Pretty much this. Especially since the Pokemon anime has always been the same fucking thing over and over, and mediocre at best. Why should I be invested in an idiot protagonist who is fated to never age, develop or even succeed at what he's trying to achieve? For all the shit I give Digimon Xros Wars: Young Hunters, even Tagiru, who is just as bad as Ash, actually saves the world at the end.

The Pokemon Adventures manga, on the other hand, is consistently amazing, though the Digimon V-Tamer manga comes close to it.

Edited by Candescence

• 4 weeks later...

So Ive been on a digimon kick recently(my user name has nothing to do with it what gave you that idea?) and I decided to watch the first series because it was one Netflix. As much as I'm enjoying it was it always this..cheesy? The voice acting is good(to me) but the dialogue at time felt really silly I know they change something to make it more western oriented but it feels weird. How is the Japanese version is the dialogue on the same level? I tried watching it but the voice acting just turned me off. Also the digi rap is still amazing 

No. The American dub pretty much fucked the dialogue up entirely and just went all "hur hur there must be a pun a minute". That's not the actual dialogue of the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Ive been on a digimon kick recently(my user name has nothing to do with it what gave you that idea?) and I decided to watch the first series because it was one Netflix. As much as I'm enjoying it was it always this..cheesy? The voice acting is good(to me) but the dialogue at time felt really silly I know they change something to make it more western oriented but it feels weird. How is the Japanese version is the dialogue on the same level? I tried watching it but the voice acting just turned me off. Also the digi rap is still amazing 

Since the Italian dub of the series was a direct translation of the original, only with the American names of the creatures used for marketing purposes, I can safely say that "no, the Japanese version is nothing like what you got".

Edit : and also I may add " and the reason why I can't watch the Movie a second time is because for some inexplicable reason we dubbed your version of the movie, and suddendly everyone was shouting puns and making jokes left and right. It was really distracting. Fortunately, it was only for that movie."

Edited by Naldush Repulsa
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Adventure 02 kids got FUCKING BODIED

I saw the top YouTube comment before I played the video and it more or less said this, and I honestly thought they were joking.  Wow.

They just got owned I'm interested already. I wish they stay dead though 

Ya'll so heartless lol.

Guess Hikari and Takeru were like "Naw, you guys are good, peace out" 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well at least now we know why the 02 kids aren't the focus of this series. Lmao.

Well in the first film, not sure about the next five more films.

Ya'll so heartless lol.

Guess Hikari and Takeru were like "Naw, you guys are good, peace out" 

I'm just joking I actually like the season 2 cast....everything else about that season though...meh. Although if you think about it for story purposes those 4 really were the biggest threat considering what they dealt with in the first season compared to the rest.

I'm wondering how this is going to fit into the Digimon canon. I'm sure the 02 kids are fine and might be plot important later but still. It does seem vague on where it takes place.

...And nevermind! I read things and it does take place after 02! Still I do wonder if this will change the canon up or not considering how 02 ended.

Edited by October Rust

Oh and Izzy has a crush on Mimi no...cuz...

TK comes on to Matt. I think that's what we should be worried about here. At least we have an explanation why Matt becomes an astronaut and heads off to Mars now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Goodness knows how they pulled it off, but...

Digimon Adventure Tri, episode the first, airs in Japanese theatres today.  Also today, Crunchyroll have acquired the rights for on-demand subtitled streaming in the Americas, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.  Premium members only, unsurprisingly.  More surprisingly, no stream for the U.K. and Europe despite them clearly having the English-language rights for everywhere else, suggesting that maybe a U.K./Europe-exclusive broadcaster has nabbed it for those regions, but no news on that front yet.  Split up into four episodes, presumably for licensing convenience.

Short version: If you live in an English-speaking country that isn't the U.K., you'll be able to watch Tri's first part today by subscribing to Crunchyroll.

Crunchyroll news article here.

Speaking of subs, I wonder why Netflix removed the Japanese version of Digimon. :/ Does Saban really not want people to know the subbed version exists or something?

Goodness knows how they pulled it off, but...

Digimon Adventure Tri, episode the first, airs in Japanese theatres today.  Also today, Crunchyroll have acquired the rights for on-demand subtitled streaming in the Americas, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.  Premium members only, unsurprisingly.  More surprisingly, no stream for the U.K. and Europe despite them clearly having the English-language rights for everywhere else, suggesting that maybe a U.K./Europe-exclusive broadcaster has nabbed it for those regions, but no news on that front yet.  Split up into four episodes, presumably for licensing convenience.

Short version: If you live in an English-speaking country that isn't the U.K., you'll be able to watch Tri's first part today by subscribing to Crunchyroll.

Crunchyroll news article here.

Germany is getting it on Sunday on the pay-tv channel Animax.

http://www.animaxtv.de/news/animax-zeigt-exklusiv-den-brandneuen-anime-hit-digimon-adventure-tri-chapter-1-reunion-nur-24