Awoo.

Pixar Animation Studios

Dreamworks just can't catch a break can they?

Are you still referring to How to Train Your Dragon? Despicable Me isn't Dreamworks. 

Are you still referring to How to Train Your Dragon? Despicable Me isn't Dreamworks. 

Yeah I was. XD;; Should've made that more clear. I was referencing how Dreamworks seems to be delaying their films a lot recently just so it won't clash with another potentially popular film's release. One recent example is Kung Fu Panda 3 being delayed until March next year, because it originally came out around the same time as Star Wars VII.

Yeah I was. XD;; Should've made that more clear. I was referencing how Dreamworks seems to be delaying their films a lot recently just so it won't clash with another potentially popular film's release. One recent example is Kung Fu Panda 3 being delayed until March next year, because it originally came out around the same time as Star Wars VII.

Which would be fine, but now KFP3 is coming out around the time Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice releases.

Yeah...  :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to see a grown up Dash and Violet. And I hope the rumors of Syndrome coming back to life are BS.

How do you know they'll be grow up? We don't even know the story yet and how many years later it is.

There's not much info to go off of at the moment... For all we know, the Incredibles 2 could be a prequel... If I recall, Monsters University was called Monsters Inc 2 before it was confirmed to be a prequel. Either way I probably wouldn't complain, though I'd prefer a sequel over a prequel.

If It's not a prequel, then I'm hoping that the kids growing up won't be the main focus. I feel like the whole kids "growing up" theme was already done well enough with Toy Story 3. 

I can't wait to see a grown up Dash and Violet. And I hope the rumors of Syndrome coming back to life are BS.

Breaking logic and sense if Syndrome comes back to life. It's BS.

If syndrome is still alive, then I want to see ThunderHead, StratoGale, MetaMan, DynaGuy, and SplashDown

Syndrome was chopped into grind meat so how the hell would he come back from the dead? O_o Anyway, I'm glad to hear the Incredibles 2 is official and I can't wait see more since I really liked the first one! And yes, I want it to be a sequel too.

Anyway, here's a new synopsis for The Good Dinosaur. Yeah, remember that movie?

“The Good Dinosaur” asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.”

Goddamn, I can't wait for Inside Out. Still thinking Disgust and Anger are going to be my favourites of the bunch. 

On another note, now guys, this may sound crazy. But maybe, JUST MAYBE, The Incredibles 2 will follow the very clear cliffhanger left at the very end of the movie?

(Yes I know about the Underminer game but I think it's best we just pretend that's non-canon)

I love the portrayal of Joy. It's great that they're being more nuanced than "Positive emotion = Good, negative emotions = Bad". 

Plus, I just love her animation. That twirl...

Goddamn, I can't wait for Inside Out. Still thinking Disgust and Anger are going to be my favourites of the bunch. 

On another note, now guys, this may sound crazy. But maybe, JUST MAYBE, The Incredibles 2 will follow the very clear cliffhanger left at the very end of the movie?

(Yes I know about the Underminer game but I think it's best we just pretend that's non-canon)

• Thumbs Up 4

Inside Out is looking sweet! I love the Pete Docter creativity he brings to everyday occurrences with kids. Such as monsters being under your bed (Monsters Inc.) and now this. The little creative twists he brings to how your brain works brings a smile to my face. The Train of Thought? The idea that dreams are a movie studio? It brings a smile to my face and I cannot wait!

Speaking of Pixar, I might as well bring up an unpopular opinion:

I enjoyed watching Cars 2 more than Brave.

Brave to me felt too boring for me and just missed that Pixar spark. I like that Pixar was expanding their horizons with movies but I still didn't enjoy it much. Also, the fact that Brave got an Oscar over Wreck-It Ralph still irks me to this day. Heck, Wreck-It Ralph felt more like Pixar than Brave! This was thanks to John Lasseter's involvement in Ralph's production.

Now, Cars 2. Why did I like this movie more than Brave? I dunno, maybe because I had.... Fun. Isn't that the reason we go to movies like this? To have fun? That's why I go. I won't deny, that movie had a stupid, stupid, STUPID premise and was simply made to sell toys but that doesn't mean I didn't have fun with it. It was colorful, the animation was always great and despite the shoehorned, out of nowhere environmental message, I found Cars 2 to be a guilty pleasure. Brave may be a more coherent and "better" movie, but what good is all of that for me if I just didn't really care when I left the theater?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think about the designs released for the characters of "The Good Dinosaur"? Personally I'm kind of let down by them, they kind of look like CGI Flintstones characters.

new-official-images-from-pixar-s-the-goo

The Good Dinosaur asks the generations-old question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In theaters November 25, 2015, the film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event unsettles Arlo’s family, he sets out on a remarkable journey, gaining an unlikely companion along the way — a human boy. The Good Dinosaur is an extraordinary journey of self-discovery full of thrilling adventure, hilarious characters and poignant heart

I heard Inside Out got very positive reviews at the Cannes film festival premiere which is great news! Now I'm really looking forward to seeing at in July!

As for The Good Dinosaur's character models...uhhhhh they look generic. Really generic. I mean wow, I was expecting better from Pixar. These look like they came straight out of Ice Age 3. I am disappoint. =I Maybe the film will still be great though?

So who's willing to bet that this is gonna be ANOTHER dinosaur movie in which the T-Rex is the villain?

So who's willingness to bet that this is gonna be ANOTHER dinosaur movie in which the T-Rex is the villain?

Plottwist: the long-neck is the villain.

Or better yet...  They have a carnotaur as the villain

So um...would I be a jerk to ask that we take the Good Dinosaur images down? Cause, those were leaks, and Pixar's apparently been trying to get them taken down. Of course, it's just one, fairly quiet forum thread, so it probably won't matter either way.

In other news, two new Inside Out clips;

Spoiler free.

And you might be able to see the movie a few days early with bonus content depending on whether or not any nearby theaters for you are offering. Kind of expensive, though. 

So who's willing to bet that this is gonna be ANOTHER dinosaur movie in which the T-Rex is the villain?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Good Dinosaur asks the generations-old question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In theaters November 25, 2015, the film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event unsettles Arlo’s family, he sets out on a remarkable journey, gaining an unlikely companion along the way — a human boy. The Good Dinosaur is an extraordinary journey of self-discovery full of thrilling adventure, hilarious characters and poignant heart

IGN's review of Inside Out is up.

9.5/10. Damn, looks like Pixar are back on track.

IGN ain't alone. 18 reviews in on Rotten Tomatoes so far, and they're all positive. If they keep this momentum up then Pixar may have begun the process of retailing itself back on the tracks to glory (we still have to see how The Good Dinosaur turns out when its released later next year).