Awoo.

Our nostalgia tv glasses now.....ON!

KHCast

Okay so This is going to be the most positive topic in the ssmb! We can do this! So with that this topic is going to be about Our childhood with TV or your thoughts on when TV was at it's finest. What were your favorite shows? why were they your favorite? What do you wish you watched as a kid? So with that lets start.

Thats-so-raven1.gif

While not exactly my childhood, It was one of the only good disney channel sitcoms I enjoyed very much next to a few others like Sister Sister. It had funny, charming and just relatable characters. It also wasn't afraid to focus ion topics like drugs and racism. It was definitely my favorite disney channel show.

kplogo.jpgcast.jpg

There are soo many good classic disney cartoons. American dragon, House of mouse, Recess, but these two kinda defined what disney channel cartoons were to me. They were fun. Wacky out there fun! I could not find a character I didn't like in either shows.

Since I can't find a good pic I'll just say it. The amanda show was all of nick for me. It seriously was. It made my sides hurt from how much i laughed at it. Going back now, yes it was cheesy. But you could see the 90's in that show. Ahhh good times.

Static_Shock_(TV_logo).jpg

OOOh now here is a show that I loved. Like raven it didn't try and appeal only to little kids. It had some pretty serious stuff in it. It focused around gangs, had shoot outs and what not. It's definitely dated what with the guys trying to all sound black who aren't black, but I still appreciated the show.

A few others to shout out:Hey Arnold, Angry beavers,Goof troop,Shaman king. There are a crap ton more that I loved like Jackie chan, Samuri jack, fosters,fresh prince, arthur but I''ll let you guys take some of mine. I'm sure i'll agree with you on most points. SO LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!biggrin.png

Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 2

Streetsharks.jpg

Look, Someone made a TV show based off an SNL sketch! This is a rare example of a premise being so bad it's good.

How did the Turbocat hover while carrying around so much wet concrete? And a motorcycle? And why did they mount a 4 inch long blade along the centerline of it? Were they expecting to need to cut power lines to fry a giant virus monster? I mean, I get it that a virus monster isn't so unexpected in their city (tough city, I guess), but that they'd have such a specific esoteric means of heating it rather than just hovering above it.

• Thumbs Up 3

LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND...

samurai_jack_banner.jpg

One of my favorite cartoons of all time! I used to watch it all the time when I was younger. It never seems to get old with me. I would watch every episode just to see if Jack finally defeated Aku, and return home to his time. My favorite episode was probably the one where Aku tries to spread his propaganda to children.

Also, Aku was one of my favorite villains back in the day.

thomas-the-tank-engine.jpg

Thomas the Tank Engine was my life when I was a wiiiii young lad.

Never cared about Barney, or any other kid's show back then, it was all Thomas for me! Thomas bed set, Thomas toys(a shit ton of them), Thomas VHS episodes, and more.

I get so many memories when I think about this show. This show was fantastic, and I hope future children growing up get a chance to watch and appreciate it.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 7

8619-pokemon_logo_super.jpg

One beautiful day I was introduced to Pokemon Anime. I LOVED IT. That was one of first TV shows I watched all the time. To be honest I was OBSESSED with Pokemon. To the point where my mom wouldn't let me watch it. I lost interest in Pokemon anime later. Mainly due to bulling (You watch Pokemon?! You're such a LAME MORON! HAHAHAHA!!!). I never lost interest in Pokemon video games though.

yu-gi-oh.gif

I remember this show. So much fun. Me and my friend had a little obsession over it. You know constanly talking about it, collecting cards and stuff. Yeah I was anime-kid back in my early childhood.

sonic_x-show.jpg

Yes indeed! Show that introduced me into this amazing video game franchise! Too bad it's only Sonic related thing people know (in Poland anyway). I watched it quite a lot but later just stoped don't really know why. Probably realised how bad it was. As a kid though I enjoyed this show a lot.

If there's one character/show that defined my childhood, it's this guy:

Barney%20arms%20out%20pose%203.jpg

(Yes, it's another Barney-related post, but hear me out...)

Barney & Friends was probably the first kids show I ever watched, especially being part of the original generation (kids of the very late 80's and early 90's) that Barney entertained. Unlike most children's shows I watched, this is one that I can say I'm still a huge fan of, even though I'm nearly twice the age of the target audience (two year olds). Of course, it doesn't help when the character you hold closest to your heart is one that 98% would like to assasinate. Like Mephiles550 said about how Thomas was his life, the same statement can be applied to me with Barney the dinosaur. Books, videos, music, plushies, I had it all (and still collect merchandise featuring Barney... Think like Barry the Nomad or PDorr's Sonic collections, except with more purple. XD). Of course, while the purple guy is still be my favorite character of all time (even beating out Sonic by a smidge), I have expanded my tastes to more age-appropriate material (i.e. MST3K, The Daily Show, tosh.0, etc.).

nickelodeon.jpg

Other than Barney, I remember watching many of the Nick shows in the mid-to-late 90's (and early 2000's, for that matter). From Rugrats and Blue's Clues to Cat-Dog, Spongebob, and Rocket Power, I have fond memories of these shows. I also watched shows on Disney Channel (anyone else remember Zoog Disney?) and on Cartoon Network, but Nickelodeon was the one kids cable channel I watched the most.

Of course, fittingly, PBS also played a huge part in my childhood and not just with B&F either. I also watched Arthur, Reading Rainbow, Mister Rogers Neighborhood, some Sesame Street, and a number of others through out the 90's and early 2000's. I occasionally watch the network now, but usually just for Barney & Friends.

As for shows I wish I watched as a kid, that honor would go to both Beakman's World and Histeria. I had watched Beakman on YouTube and really got into it, so I basically looked for anyway I could get the episodes. Same with Histeria, although unlike Beakman, I can't seem to obtain the episodes in any form. =/

Edited by SonHOG

My god, there's so many things nostalgic to me I don't even know where I'll begin.

I'll just give a brief mention about one cartoon for now:

Bd0Gz9d0-kI.jpg

The original 114 Tom and Jerry shorts by Hanna-Barbera is cartoon violence and slapstick at it's absolute finest, with all of the shorts having little-to-no dialouge from the two main characters. It's without a doubt one of my favorite cartoons of all time, and arguably the cartoon I've known and saw the most. Some of the funniest stuff I've seen in all of the cartoons I've watched has come from several of these shorts. Behold one of my favorite shorts in all of it's glory below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tXdE5aH4zU&feature=relmfu

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay so This is going to be the most positive topic in the ssmb! We can do this! So with that this topic is going to be about Our childhood with TV or your thoughts on when TV was at it's finest. What were your favorite shows? why were they your favorite? What do you wish you watched as a kid? So with that lets start.

Thats-so-raven1.gif

While not exactly my childhood, It was one of the only good disney channel sitcoms I enjoyed very much next to a few others like Sister Sister. It had funny, charming and just relatable characters. It also wasn't afraid to focus ion topics like drugs and racism. It was definitely my favorite disney channel show.

kplogo.jpgcast.jpg

There are soo many good classic disney cartoons. American dragon, House of mouse, Recess, but these two kinda defined what disney channel cartoons were to me. They were fun. Wacky out there fun! I could not find a character I didn't like in either shows.

Since I can't find a good pic I'll just say it. The amanda show was all of nick for me. It seriously was. It made my sides hurt from how much i laughed at it. Going back now, yes it was cheesy. But you could see the 90's in that show. Ahhh good times.

Static_Shock_(TV_logo).jpg

OOOh now here is a show that I loved. Like raven it didn't try and appeal only to little kids. It had some pretty serious stuff in it. It focused around gangs, had shoot outs and what not. It's definitely dated what with the guys trying to all sound black who aren't black, but I still appreciated the show.

There are a crap ton more that I loved like Jackie chan, Samuri jack, fosters,fresh prince, arthur but I''ll let you guys take some of mine. I'm sure i'll agree with you on most points. SO LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!:D

Dude these are pretty much all the shows I was going to mention. I loved each and every one of these, especially Static Shock. DC should really consider using that guy more often.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo danny phantom he was just 14

when his parents built a very strange machine

it was designed to view a world unseen

He's gonna catch em all cause he's danny phantom

when it didn't just work his parents just quit

then Danny took a look inside of it

there was a huge big flash everything just changes

His molecules got all re-arranged!

Phantom!Phantom!

when he first woke up he realized he had snow white hair, and glowing green eyes

he could walk through walls, disappear and fly

he was much more unique then the other guys

It was then Danny knew what he had to do

HE HAD TO STOP ALL THE GHOSTS THAT WERE COMIN THROUGH!

HE'S HERE TO FIGHT FOR ME AND YOU!

Gonna catch em all cause he's danny phantom, gonna catch em all cause he's danny phantom, gonna catch em cause he's danny phantom!

DannyPhantomWallpaper800.jpg

Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 6

the-fairly-oddparents.jpg

While it's unreal how bad the show got and how bad the terrible live action ending movie was, this show was freaking awesome, and the Channel Chasers, Jimmy Timmy Power Hour(s), and the other specials were freaking beast as well.

Since the other ones have been taken, I won't post a picture but I'll name them: Sonic X (lol yea I know), the Spongebob episodes before the movie, Kim Possible, the Proud Family

Oh! just thought of another one:

naruto.jpg

Say what you want, but the original Naruto was freaking next level.

And finally:

ad1.jpg

Disney Channel. WHY. WHYYYYY?!?!?! THIS SHOW WAS AWESOME ;A;

THIS needs to come back, definitely a big part of my childhood TV watching.

EDIT(!!): ACK!!! How could I forget the one of the greatest cartoons of all time:

EdEdEddy3.JPG

This show is freaking LEGENDARY, ohhhh the nostalgia force is strong with this one.

Edited by ForeverJXJ
  • Thumbs Up 2

This thread makes me feel old.

hemanandthemastersoftheuniverse.jpg

TRANSFORMERS.jpg

These two, along with GI Joe, Mask, Ulysses 31, and the rest of the Saturday Morning Lineup, basically taught me the English language years before I started school (which is incidentally the main reason why I despise dubbing shows in languages kids are supposed to learn in school anyway).

The 80's taught me what colour fun is. All of them!

• Thumbs Up 6

Gonna have to second Thomas The Tank Engine. Seriously. I have a HUGE Thomas wooden train collection, a bunch of old episodes recorded on VHS, and I even followed the newer ones for a while as a kid. I never liked the style of the newer ones as much compared to the old ones TBH. We don't need Thomas to go HELLO EVERYBODY all the time.

So yeah, Thomas pretty much was my childhood.

• Thumbs Up 3

This thread makes me feel old.

Agreed. Stuff from the early 2000's does NOT classify as nostalgia to me. But I guess since the topic itself is about childhood favorites, it makes more sense. I'd prefer "our childhood tv glasses"

Here's my childhood:

b1201205d76ddc5d_the-real-ghostbusters.jpg

TMNT1987Series.jpg

animaniacs.jpg

Disneyafternoon_1991.png

batman-3.jpg

250px-YIJopenlogo.JPG

298858.1020.A.jpg

snick.jpg

All that stuff above? You don't see shows like those anymore. Nowadays it's all anime rip-offs or shows reusing that hard edged thick black line art style. tongue.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 7

Codename: Kids Next Door more or less defined my childhood and inspired me to do creative things for years to come.

Stay young, Warburton, you crazy director. Stay young.

Stay-Young-codename-kids-next-door-18179248-2334-1594.jpg

Edited by Whackjood

I was firmly a mid-90s kid. Since I didn't have access to many of these shows until later, most of my memories are derived from BBC and CITV shows from that age. See how many you regcognise, if any;

600full-funnybones-screenshot.jpg

BBC_Spider.jpg

3398937126.jpg

Pingu.png

cbbc_prime_promo99.jpg

Brum.jpg

bodgerandbadger_1_396x222.jpg

Shiny_show_puppets.jpg

30306.jpg

elnombreonrope1.jpg

And this is a tiny fraction of it all. I do know the usual suspects for nostalgia, but these will always have a close place in my heart.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lilo_Stitch_WD60773_7.jpgkplogo.jpgtransformers-cybertron-robots-in-disguise-20050927033958653-000.jpg

I didn't watch a lot of cartoons as a kid (I guess mom thought they were going to rot my brain or whatever,) but these were the ones I went and watched anyways because they were just that awesome. I've always been interested in sci-fi and other mythical elements of shows, plus I've always loved secret agent themes, so these shows fit perfectly.

Lilo and Sitch I developed an interest in after seeing the movie, and later convinced me to see the second and third ones (which, curiously enough, seemed to fit a format similar to the three Spider-Man movies, along with the three [original?] Superman movies.) It was all like Pokemon in a sense, as the premise of the show was them trying to collect all the different monsters, albeit for different reasons.

Kim Possible's humor was generally pretty fun, and it had a lot of the things I like in fiction: a secret agent theme (secret agent vs an evil genius, complete with tech support for the former,) various elements of science, magic, and super powers (specifically Team Go,) a super-powered evil equivalent of the hero as an anti-villain/anti hero who works for the main antagonist and often fights/works with the protagonist (Shego,) an awkward sidekick/possible love interest (Ron,) and of course, the loveable pet mascot, Rufus.

Transformers: Cybertron was interesting for a variety of reasons. Like MLP:FIM, it was one of those shows I had shown interest in from what I heard about, but wanted to see it myself to confirm it was good. And, it was. Learning the various things about the mythos was interesting: (note: spoilers ahead) how they're techno-organic, about the mini-cons, who ended up being smaller since they were closely related to humans than they were to robots, the mind-screw of finding out Cybertron being a giant transformer rather than a planet, the classic plot of six heroes going on an adventure to find the macguffins, and of course.

That kickass opening. cool.png

Now I'm not a big fan of Transformers, but this series contributed to most of my fandom, and probably helped push it so the point I became fans of other, similar series such as Bionicle (a LEGO franchise,) and Iron Man among others. (though given the companies that own those franchises that was probably inevitable anyways.)

00002879_mumitroldene-farlig-midsommer_plakat-dk_360.jpg

Moomins <3 I loved the books too.

...I think I've watched pretty much every show listed so far lol.

My favourite shows as a kid were Spider, Animals of Farthing Wood, The Moomins, Sharky and George, Gargoyles, Aaaah! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Arthur, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life...those are the ones I can remember right now anyway.

OOOH OOOH! Does anyone else remember Round The Twist?

Edited by Mollfie

Never could get into that one, oddly enough. I think the more sitcom-y style put me off.

shows.png

Jungle Cubs, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Tiny Toon Adventures, and even the frickin' Shirt Tales. Anyone remember them? They were like little crime fighters that lived in a park and tried to avoid some kind of ranger, kind of like Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers mixed with Yogi Bear. Also, their shirts could display messages conveying their thoughts; that's Hanna-Barbara for you. Anyway, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for all of those 80s and 90s shows where you had a sizeable group of young animal characters that just went off on goofy adventures. There's just an adorable, infectious innocence to be had with them that you don't get from today's shows, even with more wisecrack shows like Tiny Toons Adventures. Speaking of which, Spielberg really needs to get back to helming some cartoon shows. More Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and Pinky and the Brain wouldn't hurt anybody.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I had this massive post on my favorite tv shows with pics. but this page crashed. My images must have been filled with awsome.

Well I won't post pics but I will try to make the jist of what I posted.

My child hood consisted of all three Super Mario Bros cartoons. I would be glued to the tv watching them when they aired.

Sonic SatAm would air reruns during the week days when I was in first grade so I would watch the episodes early in the morning

then comment on them with my friends at school.

I was surprised to find Donkey Kong Country on Fox family that I was jumping for joy and would watch the episodes every saturday

morning then followed by playing DKC on the SNES.

My non video game shows would have to be:

Chip n Dale rescue rangers and Goof Troop, those two Disney shows were my favorites of all the Disney cartoon block.

Animaniacs, that show was educational no matter if anyone disagrees. Wakko was my favorite character along with the three pidegons

and the old squirrel.

shows.png

Jungle Cubs, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Tiny Toon Adventures, and even the frickin' Shirt Tales. Anyone remember them? They were like little crime fighters that lived in a park and tried to avoid some kind of ranger, kind of like Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers mixed with Yogi Bear. Also, their shirts could display messages conveying their thoughts; that's Hanna-Barbara for you. Anyway, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for all of those 80s and 90s shows where you had a sizeable group of young animal characters that just went off on goofy adventures. There's just an adorable, infectious innocence to be had with them that you don't get from today's shows, even with more wisecrack shows like Tiny Toons Adventures. Speaking of which, Spielberg really needs to get back to helming some cartoon shows. More Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and Pinky and the Brain wouldn't hurt anybody.

Jungle cubs. I never saw this show. yeah I like Tiny Toons Adventures at well, the episodes that delt with Plucky were my favorites.

Anyone who has never watched Jungle Cubs really missed out on

Basically a younger Jungle Book cast hangs out conglomerates around Louie's Lair, trying to survive and sometimes forming a little rescue militia for team members and other animals in the forest.