Awoo.

Chuck E. Cheese gets a redesign

SonikkuForever

Oh good lord, and I thought Spyro's new design was butt ugly!

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

One gormless cloying mascot replaces another.

Green eyes.

Ruined forever.

They add irises to redesigns because they're easy to make shiny.

Remember Disney eyes? Now we have Pixar eyes.

They replaced all my beautiful Mortal Kombat and Battletoad machines with shit like 'stop the light in the middle for tickets' and 'slingshot your token onto a number and get that many tickets'

My childhood died that day

Who needs stupid video games when you can use those tokens to get tickets to to exchange for ASTRONOMICAL PRIZES such as FINGER PUPPETS???

dGHTo.jpg

Or like, flimsy plastic whoopee cushions that break in a day.

I went to Chuck E. Cheese's and it's sister pizza place, Mr. Gatti's, and got a small screen television after accruing 4000 or so tickets.

One of the highlights of my pre-adolescence, that was.

I came here expecting the worst. As a kid, I LOVED Chuck E. Cheese's. We didn't go all the time, but we went enough to enjoy it.

Now? Surprisingly, I don't find this redesign to be all that bad. Cute actually. I mean I can understand some people having a problem with an icon, but considering that some of these people are in their 20s and Chuck E. Cheese is primarily meant for children to have fun in (with their families, of course) I just see people complaining about this as having a bit of a nerdrage.

Of course, considering that I'm on this site, one may or may not find that hypocritical coming from me. :lol: But hey, I lived my childhood, and I gained pockets of it back by watching old cartoons in my day. Why not let the next generation have theirs, ya know?

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I can remember about my childhood involving Chucke e cheese is climbing the stage and yelling at him.

Other than that I never really liked the design, nor do I have feelings on this one so I'm pretty neutral on it.

Ah, memories of Chuck E. Cheese. Pizza, fries, that Frog arcade game, spider-stomp arcade game, that skiball bowling arcade game, the mini-basketball arcade game, getting enough tickets to win a plush CEC hammer...eh. It's been years.

Anywho, the new design doesn't bother me that much. It could had been much worse, though.

Surprised they didn't change it sooner actually.

Err, this. I'm actually quite surprised at how long they used the "90s" Chuck E. Cheese design until they finally decided to redesign the rodent.

I saw the commercial with Chuck E's new design last Saturday morning, and actually thought it was about time they redesigned the character. I always thought Chuck E. was ugly and looked really out dated.

But I've only ever been to Chuck E. Cheese once, and I must've been like 4 or 5yrs old because I don't even remember it. I always hear the Pizza is terrible though.

Now, does anyone remember Discovery Zone? That place was awesome!

Edited by Kamina

With the Sonic comparisons going around, this is like going from AoStH Sonic to Unleashed Sonic; an improvement in every way. I actually find this little guy cute, and a lot less grating on the nerves than the decades' old, 90s extreme abomination that they'd been peddling around forever. Really, old Chuck looked like a rejected character you'd see slapped on the side of those little quarter rides at the mall. Even when I was the young and dumb demographic perfect for the place and bothered to visit, I never liked his looks. Maybe his even-uglier friends will get the same treatment. xP

• Thumbs Up 3

Ya know, I don't find him terribly bad either. I mean I never really liked him when I was little either, so *shrugs*

I wonder if you'll see him like this in costume at the place now. If so, I kinda find that even more creepy than the one they have D;. I feel bad for the guy inside it possibly, since the old one was so bulky you could've probably packed some padding in the crotch to soften the blow when kids kick them there. Good luck to all the Chuck E. Cheese costume goers out there I guess.

Now I'm starting to wonder what the bird, dog, monster, and Italian chef will look like.

I'm not too sure how they're going to handle having a life-sized costume for a 6-inch tall animated character without confusing the kids.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things, doesn't belong...

Anyway, I think it would be better if they just scrapped the entire puppet show sthick. From what I've heard, it's not like the show was any popular anyway, thanks to the uncanny valley status the puppets hold. And regarding his friends, I think they should also be redesigned in the same was he was. That, or they can be scrapped entirely and have it focus on just the mouse. Or they could just replace them with a new cast.

Edited by Zinos