Awoo.

What did you think about Shadow The Hedgehog?

Black Hedgehog

Probable durability not ammunition points.

What kind of sword dies in 6 hits and gets better with each sword you pick up?

A sword with a weak core, improved by adding alloys to it's metal?

...fuck, I got nuthin'. laugh.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's durability.

They're shitty swords because ShtH is a shitty game.

Picking up more swords doesn't make your sword more durable, it gives you more swords. You don't see him switch from one to another for the same reason you don't see him reload his guns.

• Thumbs Up 1

The swords are made out of chocolate candy bars.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, I see. Each sword is a one-use item, like in an old school dungeon crawler. That explains it.

Edited by Gilda

Picking up more swords doesn't make your sword more durable, it gives you more swords. You don't see him switch from one to another for the same reason you don't see him reload his guns.

Why can't I dual-wield them, then? That would at least be somewhat interesting...

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, I forgot that Sonic characters can store items in their inexplicably spacious asses.

Diogenes saves the day again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why can't I dual-wield them, then? That would at least be somewhat interesting...

Because ShtH is a shitty game.

That's kind of the all-purpose response.

Edited by Diogenes

Not really, considering the swords aren't that helpful in the first place.

The katana you unlock is good though, you can shoot beams out of it that doesn't waste 'ammo'.

Infinite one-hit kill swords ftw.

I'm pretty sure the Katana (Samurai Sword as they call it) has an ammo count as well.

It does, but the projectile doesn't use ammo/durability, so if you rely on that it's infinite.

Shadow Rifle and the Billy Hatcher vacuum are still better, tho'.

Because it's a ludicrous idea for the series to even consider. If they were passionate about it then it might've been worthwhile, but Iizuka himself said they only did it to cater to the preteen boys who buy any game with a gun on it and didn't even consider if it would fit with the setting and tone of the franchise.

Um..Where did he say that exactly?

The difference being that we can back up our opinions on why this game is shit; people say this game isn't that bad, yet have given no discernable evidence to why. What redeeming qualities does this game have to not warrant it's hate, please tell me.

OK.

- I like the music a lot

- I like the darker tone of the game

- I like the story despite some minor issues.

- I like the idea of branching storyline even if it wasn't executed that well

- Shadow is one of my favorite characters and games like Shth where I can play as him are of great value to me in these hard times of Sonic-only crap

- The gameplay is OK, honestly. I mentioned some things I didn't like about the game but it seems you didn't read them. I backed up my opinion as well, but the criteria differ so what may look like a nice idea to me may look as an awful one to others.

Oh geez seriously? How can you honestly be making this argument? Have you ever even tried playing the game without the guns?
Alright I must admit that you are right, but the same can be said about boost to win argument. I've seen so many people here claiming that you can play the games without boosting and that it's optional, but I can ask the same question: have you tried to play these games without the boost?

Again, the guns are OK. It was absolutely uncalled for and unnecessary but they are fine.

Plus they look enormous when Shadow carries them.

Yes, that's true. I hate that.

Edited by ArtFenix

Sa2 had a more mature theme than ShtH.

Fixed and agreed.

Indeed, that's what I meant.

ShtH laid it on so thick that it's practically parody. Parody that takes itself seriously.

Edited by Jayhawker30

You know it's cool if you like the game, but it doesn't tell anyone a damn thing on why it's good or anything of the sort. Just because you like a game doesn't make it good, or respectable.

What? If I like a game, it IS good for me, no? Objectively it's an average/kinda bad game, alright. But for me it's good.

It's a Sonic game, this is a given.

While you're right, I like Shadow's music a lot more than Unleashed OST. A lot more.

The writing is still shit, so the tone is completely irrelevant. It's like saying Twilight is good because I happen to like Vampires.
I'd take the writing of Shadow over the likes of Colors and Generations any day. There are so many people who think the stories in those games are alright or even great. I for one think they're utter shit and Shadow's story is tons better. And speaking about the tone, modern games are so lighthearted it hurts, so the tone IS relevant.

Considering it doesn't have much of an effect on the game, it's damn near negligible.

It's still better than Colors or Generations and I like it more than Unleashed story.

This game is the primary reason Shadow is so divisive nowadays; it completely shits on his character, and tries to make him out to be this ultimate badass who can do no wrong and swears like a truck driver. Yet, I'm supposed to like what they did with him on the basis that he isn't Sonic? The main fucking character? really? It's because I like Shadow so much, that I hate this game with a passion. And it baffles me that somebody who claims they like Shadow would approve of the shitty way he was handled in this game.

As I said: modern games are Sonic-only crap with zero storylines so I value every little opportunity to be able to play as other characters and even though I think Sa2 Shadow was much, much better than Shth Shadow, I at least have something else than Sa2 where Shadow had a very important role. His character was much worse, but it was still Shadow.

As you can see, I tend to value lots of things because they are no more to be seen in modern Sonic games. Most of these things is what made me a fan of the series.

I never understood the statement "just because you hold x opinion doesn't mean x is true" either as an inherent rebuttal (after all, opinions aren't factual beyond describing the holder's personal experience) or in the context of topics where the entire discussion point only asks for what you thought of the game and why, with disagreement between multiple sides being irrelevant to the framing of that discussion point. It's just kinda dumb. :|

Anyway, I can't really speak a whole lot on the game myself because I was one of seven people who bought the Xbox version and said console died before I could finish any significant amount of it. I remember not feeling terribly fussed at the controls and considered them an improvement over Heroes' slipperiness; same with the rail grinding. Didn't like the vehicles beyond the little Black Arms bat thingie; felt there was no point to them. Most of the levels were mediocre in their design, and as such I got a very similar feeling I got with Colors- that I was just going through the motions instead of making my way towards any conceivable goal through fleshed-out levels, but there were a few stand-out bits: I liked the computer levels, and I even like the falling ARK level for its uniqueness. The camera could be horrible in certain spots, like the aforementioned computer levels, specifically the one where you're tasked with going to different servers or whatever; the camera swivels around in front of Shadow at a pivotal Homing Attack moment. That made me rage.

Those are my most salient thoughts on the game; since I've not played it since, and never got to spend any real time on it, I don't have any strong feelings towards it beyond "meh."

And speaking about the tone, modern games are so lighthearted it hurts, so the tone IS relevant.

Fuckin' really? So apparently being lighthearted is a bad thing for this series.

It's still better than Colors or Generations and I like it more than Unleashed story.

So you like a story that is pretty much incoherent and negligible for the most part? Because all ShTH was is guesswork, and even then there's no answer.

It's no where near the "Choose your Path" plot they advertised, because the path is already chosen for you: saving the world. Any path that has nothing to do with saving the world from the Black Arms is nothing more than a "what if" scenario that holds very little water.

As I said: modern games are Sonic-only crap with zero storylines

That is bullshit to the highest degree, and even if that was the case you would be flat out hypocritical not to consider ShTH to have "zero storyline".

His character was much worse, but it was still Shadow.

How the hell is that a justification for anything?

Because it's Shadow that's justifies being okay with how badly his character was handled. That's like saying Sonic 06 was bad, but it's still a Sonic game, it holds no value towards anything.

As you can see, I tend to value lots of things because they are no more to be seen in modern Sonic games. Most of these things is what made me a fan of the series.

Look, there are many of us who want to play as other characters, who want them to grow some balls and attempt to do darker elements and further add intensity to their plots, but doing so in the most ass way possible isn't something to be put on a pedestal.

You're more than welcome to like what you want, but when something ends up being bad and causes problems for a series identity that is not a good thing to praise. And continuing to encourage that kind of thing will only worsen the public's view of the series and further alienate people who once loved the same series you do.

• Thumbs Up 7