Awoo.

Sonic For Hire

Soniman

*delurk*

I actually quite like this series - it's over the top ridiculous and Sonic is a grade A asshole.

I also quite like the alternative personalities they gave the cast - how Eggman is always in his underwear and Knuckles is "fryin' n buyin'!" Oh, and I love the character of "Soniqua", she's just so ridiculous! XD

It's a parody show, afterall.

Edited by MamboCat

This is the link to the latest episode. I lol when Tails releaves himself...

Very funny episode!

I actually really enjoy the series. It's unique and quite funny.

...Oh and I really enjoy Family Guy humour. Sure it's overrated, but it's what I enjoy.

I'm quite glad I stumbled on to this!

I love this show.

It's so damn funny, I quote it a lot.

Anyone else Mega Man Dies at the End?

"I hate you- I HATE YUUUU!!"

One of my favorite episodes. Also, I don't think their really making fun of Sonic with this series, I think it's all in good fun. I also like the continuity this whole thing has.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

MACHINIMA has now started airing the 5th season of Sonic for Hire, on youtube.

The first episode of Season 5, 'Star Fox', can be watched via the below link:

It's a decent episode.

In order to understand why Sonic keeps punching Tails, you need to have watched the previous 3rd and 4th seasons. Believe me, Tails had it coming.

What are the rules on thread revival here? Because that was a 3 month old thread.

Most places are fine with thread necromancy provided the content is relevant and it's not done too much at once.

On the series itself - I quite enjoy what I've seen and like the humor. Fortunately I've trained myself to not take Sonic bashing too seriously, so any insults against modern titles are ignored pretty well by me.

Season 5?! Man I've missed a lot. Which season had Sonic as the head of the Mafia? I think that was 3... so I missed one already? Man these guys move quick.

...as should be expected of a blue blur-based series.

I watch it whenever I notice a new episode is up, my partner and I quite enjoy it but then we like most forms of comedy. I don't mind if something is poking fun at something I like and it's just a good laugh for me.

• 1 month later...

Shadow's first appearance in Sonic for Hire!

"Holy shit, Xbox!"

It's a good episode.

Edited by Silent Nightwing

I saw like one or two episodes, but never saw any reason to watch more.

Also, the whole, "Sonic is played out and irrelevant" joke isn't funny and doesn't even work anymore.

Also, the whole, "Sonic is played out and irrelevant" joke isn't funny and doesn't even work anymore.
The joke has pretty much moved beyond that by this point, tho'. It's more, "we made Sonic and friends sociopaths".

The joke has pretty much moved beyond that by this point, tho'. It's more, "we made Sonic and friends sociopaths".

Oh, has it? That's good to know, I suppose.

Machinima recently laid off 10% of its workforce. They make the Sonic for Hire series, and I don't know if Sonic for Hire is directly affected by the layoffs.

Sonic for Hire is funny once in a while, but I really don't care for it that much.

Machinima recently laid off 10% of its workforce. They make the Sonic for Hire series, and I don't know if Sonic for Hire is directly affected by the layoffs.

Wow, that's ironic.

Sonic for Hire is funny once in a while, but I really don't care for it that much.

Really? I thought Dorkly made it and aired it via some kind of partnership with Machinima. Ah well, the more you know! :B

I just read something about Arby n the Chief being moved around, as well... didn't realise Machinima were going through such a big re-organisation.

Yeah, the series is pretty epic. The latest episode, I lol'ed when Eggman said "I have a poop oven, and I'm starting to get contractions."

• 3 weeks later...

The last two episodes of Season 5 are up (episodes 11 & 12).

There were 13 episodes in each of the previous four seasons of Sonic For Hire, and there are only 12 in episodes in Season 5. Why? I hope it's not due to the staff cut backs that Machinima made.

Fingers crossed that they make a sixth season.

Edited by Robin John Blake

• 1 month later...

The first episode of Season 6 is up on youtube, see below. The series is still going strong.

Not the best episode, but it's okay. Must be difficult to keep the series fresh.

Sonic should be tried for crimes against humanity for what he just did at the end there. XD

I am interested to see where this will be going...

Though I predict a fair amount of bashing of all titles from 1998-2008.

These videos reminds me the flash ones from the Newgrounds site. Just watching the pixeled sprites with a custom animation I am happy and I also like its stories. Go go season 6

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really liking that gag at the very end there. New superstar... bam, it's Crash. The result of two timeline screws is that Crash Bandicoot never fell from grace and became the new king of videogames. I wonder if this is going to be a season-long rivalry or if he'll be returned to his previous status in the next episode? It sounded like Crash Bandicoot just wanted to make sure the time machine is where no one can get it... so this should prove interesting!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Bender! I forget to check regularly...