Awoo.

European Football Championships 2012

blackherox

logo-euro2012-ukraine-poland.jpg

So is anyone catching this? Hosted by Ukraine and Poland, I think were in to the second stage of matches of the group.

There's notably (and quite rightly) a lack of the ''England Hype'' this time around, what with the lowest attendance for the tournie in a while, and the general expectation of the team at an all time low (hell I thought France would destroy them).

Personally, I peg Germany to win the tournament, having a solid back four, and an array of good attacking players. Still I can't help but have a little hope that England may prevail.happy.png

• Thumbs Up 4

^Hmm, I'm not sure. I know you can watch highlights on youtube. Some sites do live streams but it varies depending on the match.

I was on twitter recently and I caught wind of some news about a player saying he's hoping that there aren't any gay athletes playing. You can pretty much guess how the public reacted to that.

Yeah I was about to say ESPN, you can also check the coverage Fox Sports does at 10pm ET.

I watch the EPL in Fox Sports and ESPN, and I've seen a few Euro 2012 matches on ESPN too. I support Portugal in the finals since they are my nationality. They are playing today! Hope we beat Denmark!

• Thumbs Up 1

I watch the EPL in Fox Sports and ESPN, and I've seen a few Euro 2012 matches on ESPN too. I support Portugal in the finals since they are my nationality. They are playing today! Hope we beat Denmark!

I don't know dat Denmark is looking pretty good in winning the game, we should make a bet jk jk

I don't know dat Denmark is looking pretty good in winning the game, we should make a bet jk jk

Denmark were lucky. =/

Netherlands had a pretty bad game, I expected Robben and van Persie to do some magic and they never did. In fact, they were leaning towards clowns than heroes in that match. How van Persie missed the ball to fire a shot away I don't know. And this is EPL's top scorer.

Still, I'm not saying this is bad news... *wink wink* ;)

Denmark were lucky. =/

Netherlands had a pretty bad game, I expected Robben and van Persie to do some magic and they never did. In fact, they were leaning towards clowns than heroes in that match. How van Persie missed the ball to fire a shot away I don't know. And this is EPL's top scorer.

Still, I'm not saying this is bad news... *wink wink* wink.png

Maybe it was not luck but the soccer gods allowing us to reach our potential tongue.png I'll bet you the internet we will be Victorious! CAUSE THIS IS DENMARK!!!!cool.png

Supa Deutschland!

And tonight it's us against Portugal.

...no you're not. You're playing against Netherlands today. O.o

We are playing against Denmark.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I was on twitter recently and I caught wind of some news about a player saying he's hoping that there aren't any gay athletes playing. You can pretty much guess how the public reacted to that.

And in Europe too. That makes it all the more daft.

Unlucky Denmark, I almost thought they had Portugal too, but for Verier late strike. Pretty good game actually, didn't expect the danes to play so well.

The Dutch on the other hand have been awful. From a side that were World Cup runners up on 2 years ago, there performances agaisnt the Danes and Germany was embarrassing.

...no you're not. You're playing against Netherlands today. O.o

We are playing against Denmark.

I live in Denmark but likes German soccer.

Great games today!

Denmark vs Portugal was pretty intense and dramatic, with Denmark recovering from a 0:2 disadvantage. But the portuguese team won thanks to their "Joker", who scored the final, and winning goal of the match.

And my personal favorite, Germany, won against the Netherlands with 2:1. I am actually glad that the Germans stepped up their game, and I am also sure that they will become stronger while progressing in this Championship. They almost do that in every single big championship :P

Now, with 6 points, the Germans are pretty much qualified for the quarterfinals!

Edited by TheBlueHedgehogAUT
  • Thumbs Up 2

I live in Denmark but likes German soccer.

So who are you going to support in the Denmark-Germany game? tongue.png

Heh, I haven't been following this at all. I've been a bit slack on the football this year, due to it being broadcast in the middle of the night here. Hard to catch if you have stuff to do the next day.

Shall be cheering for Germany, as I always do. Hear they won 2-1 last night against the Netherlands, so there's no doubt we're going to the next round. Deutschland vor! ;D

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess I lost the internet to Ming Ming Love sleep.png

Though it was an exciting game, I guess that's why I love European soccer wub.png

Though sadly even in European Soccer games violence like this occurs, I understand having passion for your team but this is no way of showing it: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer--euro-2012-polish-russian-fan-violence-uefa-fifa-investigate.html

Edited by TheBlueWind

Wooo! Go Portugal! Surely we can make it to the quarter finals now! >=D

*Hasn't heard Seven Nation Army in a while*

I think I'll go Youtube it, it's a great song!

*Youtubes it*

*100 comments in one day about Euro 2012*

Oh. Suppose I can bring out the popcorn while I'm at while they're arguing about which country is better.

Damn! I totally forgot to watch the Germany vs the Netherlands match today since I was really interested to see who would win. It's disappointing that the Netherlands have been losing lately considering how they did in the World Cup.

Wow...a thread about this actually came up...that was unexpected

In another forum, I'm keeping the groups' standings. If you like you can add it to the first post and update it

Group A----------P--W--D--L--GF--GA--Dif.--Pts.

Russia------------2---1---1--0---5----2---+3-----4

Czech Rep.------2---1---0--1---3----5-----2-----3

Poland-----------2---0---2--0---2----2-----0-----2

Greece-----------2---0---1--1---2----3-----1-----1

Poland 1-1 Greece

17' Lewandowski - 51' Salpingidis

Russia 4-1 Czech Rep.

15' y 79' Dzagoev, 24' Shirokov, 82' Pavlyuchenko - 52' Pilar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poland 1-1 Russia

57' Blaszczykowski - 37' Dzagoev

Greece 1-2 Czech Rep.

53' Gekas - 3' Jiracek, 6' Pilar

Group B---------P--W--D--L--GF--GA--Dif.--Pts.

Germany--------2--2--0--0---3-----1---+2----6

Denmark--------2--1--0--1---3-----3----0-----3

Portugal---------2--1--0--1---3-----3----0-----3

Netherlands----2--0--0--2---1-----3----2-----0

Netherlands 0-1 Denmark

24' Krohn-Dehli

Germany 1-0 Portugal

72' Mario Gómez

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark 2-3 Portugal

41' y 80' Bendtner - 24' Pepe, 36' Hélder Postiga, 87' Varela

Netherlands 1-2 Germany

73' Van Persie - 24' y 38' Mario Gómez

Group C---------P--W--D--L--GF--GA--Dif.--Pts.

Croatia-----------1---1---0--0---3----1----+2----3

Spain------------1--0--1--0---1----1-----0-------1

Italy--------------1--0--1--0---1----1-----0-------1

Ireland----------1--0--0--1---1----3-----2-------0

Spain 1-1 Italy

64' Cesc - 61' Di Natale

Ireland 1-3 Croatia

19' St. Ledger - 3' y 48' Mandžukić, 43' Jelavic

Group D--------P--W--D--L--GF--GA--Dif.--Pts.

Ukraine----------1--1---0--0---2----1---+1-----3

England-----------1--0---1--0---1----1----0-----1

France-----------1--0---1--0---1----1----0------1

Sweden----------1---0--0--1---1----2----1-----0

France 1-1 England

39' Nasri - 30' Lescott

Ukraine 2-1 Sweden

55' y 62' Shevchenko - 52' Ibrahimovic

Top Scorers

(RUS)Dzagoev---------3

(GER)Mario Gómez----3

(DEN)Bendtner---------2

(CRO)Mandžukić-------2

(CZE)Pilar---------------2

(UKR)Shevchenko-----2

(POL)Blaszczykowski-1

(SPA)Cesc--------------1

(ITA)Di Natale---------1

(GRE)Gekas------------1

(POR)Hélder Postiga--1

(SWE)Ibrahimovic------1

(CRO)Jelavic------------1

(CZE)Jiracek------------1

(DEN)Krohn-Dehli------1

(ENG)Lescott-----------1

(POL)Lewandowski---1

(FRA)Nasri--------------1

(RUS)Pavlyuchenko----1

(POR)Pepe--------------1

(GRE)Salpingidis-------1

(RUS)Shirokov----------1

(IRE)St. Ledger--------1

(NED)Van Persie-------1

(POR)Varela-------------1

For some reason i've actually watched a few games this season, and im actually quite interested to see how my home country (Sweden) is going to do. This is a notable thing for me since i haven't had the slightest interest in football since the championship of 1994 when i was 7 years old... and even that time it was mostly just because they released a song related to it that i loved...at the time tongue.png:

[media=]

Edited by batson