Awoo.

[Wii U] The Wonderful 101

Senator NinjaShark

Part of me is glad that this is an original title and another part REALLY wishes they went through with that idea because it sounds amazing. 

Maybe we can still get it as DLC? ...Nah, that'll never happen.

I wish I wasn't in the US now.

Still bummed about the 3 week wait. I'm also confused as to why they're releasing this game the same week as GTA5.

Anyway, for those who got the game, I look forward to your impressions. =D

Edited by canderson

Ok so I just beat the first main boss and...

HOOOOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SO GOOD.

POWER RANGERS/KAMEN RIDER EAT YOUR HEART OUT AHAHA.

Trust me you feel like a fucking super hero when you play this game, man that fight.. And it's only the first FFFFFFFF.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so I just beat the first main boss and...

HOOOOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SO GOOD.

POWER RANGERS/KAMEN RIDER EAT YOUR HEART OUT AHAHA.

Trust me you feel like a fucking super hero when you play this game, man that fight.. And it's only the first FFFFFFFF.

That's EXTREMELY good to know. I'm currently playing Splinter Cell Blacklist but I'll definitely be playing this later.

This game. THIS GAME.

The boss I just thought. It was just... SO GOOD AND FUN! I cant describe how good and awesome this game makes me feel, it's like a permanent rollercoaster of action! I love it!

This game. THIS GAME.

The boss I just thought. It was just... SO GOOD AND FUN! I cant describe how good and awesome this game makes me feel, it's like a permanent rollercoaster of action! I love it!

Yeah!! That boss was just incredible! Platinum really know how to set the bar when it comes to these sort of scale fights holy shit.

so, despite the above comments, for someone who doesn't play much of these kind of games, would you say it will catch my attention? I literally own no games for my Wii U besides Nintendoland and Mighty Swtich Force HD and I need something worthwhile on my Wii U. I want to support Platinum games and Kamiya but at the same time I don't want to dish out $60 for a game that may be short and worth getting after a price drop or two.

so, despite the above comments, for someone who doesn't play much of these kind of games, would you say it will catch my attention? I literally own no games for my Wii U besides Nintendoland and Mighty Swtich Force HD and I need something worthwhile on my Wii U. I want to support Platinum games and Kamiya but at the same time I don't want to dish out $60 for a game that may be short and worth getting after a price drop or two.

There's a demo available. No harm in trying that out. I'd recommend you play it a couple of times as it takes a while to get used to this game, but when you do it's great.

Edited by KrazyBean

Yeah there's a demo but it doesn't really offer much as far as the giant scale boss fights go, you basically fight smaller grunts, the game is incredibly simple control wise but it can take some getting used to with how you play, if you like the demo then times what you played by 10 and add a really good story to it and you pretty much have a gist of what the final game is actually like.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a demo available. No harm in trying that out. I'd recommend you play it a couple of times as it takes a while to get used to this game, but when you do it's great.

I downloaded the demo, just haven't gotten to it yet tbh, I watched my friend play and it seemed decent.

Yeah there's a demo but it doesn't really offer much as far as the giant scale boss fights go, you basically fight smaller grunts, the game is incredibly simple control wise but it can take some getting used to with how you play, if you like the demo then times what you played by 10 and add a really good story to it and you pretty much have a gist of what the final game is actually like.

Well, I did like what I saw, but I do have to try it for myself. But honestly, would it warrant 60 of my hard earned dollars day 1, or for someone who will probably play it once and only once through, wait for a price drop?

would it warrant 60 of my hard earned dollars day 1, or for someone who will probably play it once and only once through, wait for a price drop?

Hard to say really, if it's any consolation, Its my first time with this type of game and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, it leaves you with such a huge grin on your face, it honestly makes you feel like you're a super hero, the immersion and characters as well as the enemies genuinely pull you into their verse and make you feel like it's all up to you to save this virtual city from an alien invasion, you get so engrossed into the world that you get emotionally attached to everyone, you laugh when they crack jokes, you show genuine concern when something goes wrong, hell I got teary eyed at the Nintendo Direct trailer, you just want to win, you just want to fight even if there is a slither of hope, the game just drives you forward into saving the world from baddies, just like those days you spent watching Saturday morning cartoons.

Because it's platinum, the polish that has been put on this game makes it something truly special, seriously this is unlike any other game you've probably ever played.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I just say that this game is flippin' hilarious! Wonder-Blue is such a cocky guy, he's like 3x more cocky than Sonic! LOL.

Yeah...this game is like if Gurren Lagann took crack. That's how OTT this game is. Just, wow.

Considering how much Hideki Kamiya's works seem to have a similar OTT Anime feel to it, I believe this statement. That said, I can say that this gives me a lot to look forward to.

Haha, Super Soniko's post just made the 3 week wait I have to deal with even harder. xD

Glad to see that you're enjoying the game though. Seems that they've put countless time and effort into this title.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 1

*reads everyone's impressions*

aangtweakin.gif

Must...hold out...until...September...

Must...not...watch full gameplay....

• Thumbs Up 1

Just Finished it, Spoiler for impressions and SEVERE spoilers.

I'm not sure how to put my thoughts and feelings into words, but...Wow that was fucking incredible, this is one fucking cool and engrossing game, the characters are amazing, each of their personalities match their design perfectly and the writing... The writing is just incredible from the story to the banter between the team mates, and even W101 vs Prince Vorkken it all is so cliche and typical saturday morning Power Ranger shit mixed in with an over the top Japanese anime storyline, the bad guys are really over the top too and that's what makes it awesome, you remember how the power rangers fought the enemy in a much smaller form then they kick it's ass, but then he get's turned into sky scraper sized monster? Yeah, that's nothing compared to scale of the bosses you fight in this game, from land, sea, air and even fucking space! It crams so much HOLY SHIT ACTION into every possible creak and that's why it's so over the top, bat shit insane fun.

Funny that someone mentioned Gurren Lagann in the thread earlier, heh there's DRILLS THAT PIERCE THE HEAVENS A PLENTY, I'm not kidding, even one of the Wonders you control in a flash back has the power of Unite Drill, as well as a whole section dedicated to drilling through rock as you're being chased by flowing lava, and did I mention that the enemy and character designs in this game are simply incredible? No seriously this blows Bayonetta out of the water, and don't worry, Platinum get a chance to get their own back on how shitty Nintendo has been with them, know why? Platinum HQ turns into a giant ass mech that you use to beat the final 2 bosses, and Centinal super secret reactor control room is basically a Giant P* Logo, I shit you not.

But seriously this game wowed me so severely I can't help but gush about it, everything was an incredible ride from start to finish, and the attention to detail is mind blowing, fuck people who say the Wii U has got nothing on Sony or Microsoft, tell them to play this game and watch as they try to close their gawking jaws.

I hope Platinum make this one of their new IP's because, fuck I don't think any game this year will come close to the sheer magnitude of this game as a whole, hell it's just a game sure, but man did it leave a big fucking grin on my face and feeling like a hero, and I've played nothing like this, nothing at all, god fucking damn Platinum I am your bitch forever.

If you own a Wii U, you NEED to add this game to your library, it is an essential buy I shit you not, please, Please support this wonderful game!

• Thumbs Up 5

You finished already? O__O

Anyway, the finale of the game sounds so awkward, yet so damn hilarious from what I've read in that spoiler. Did not see that coming at all. xD

Edited by canderson