Awoo.

[Wii U] The Wonderful 101

Senator NinjaShark

Can't saying not disappointed, this was the one game I was hoping would get released relatively early.

I'm not surprised by the release date. I'm actually glad that it's coming later than Pikmin 3 so it doesn't have to necessarily compete with it in Wii U owners eyes.

Can't wait to mooch off of my friends later this year.

Can't wait for this, apart from Bayonetta 2 and the new Sonic game, this game actually makes me to want to buy a Wii U.

Ohhh we're getting it earlier than the US it seems! Looking forward to it, looks fun to play and I don't care if it's a short game. As long as it's got lots of replay value like other Platinum games I'm cool. =3

August 23 in Europe

September 15 in America

If I had spare money I'd totally buy it on day one even tho I won't have the system until much later.

Best of luck to Platinum.

This is pretty much the only Wii U game out of all the games released/to be released on the system that actually piques my interest and has me sad that I don't have a Wii U (well and Bayonetta 2, but go figure that's another Platinum game). But I have no intention of getting a console I don't really care for overall just for one or two games.

However I hope to all hell that this game sells a buttload of copies. Platinum make excellent games and I don't think they ever get nearly the amount of sales they deserve. They make games that are obviously crafted with a lot of experience and wisdom from years in the industry, as well as you can tell there is just so much love going into the the titles they make. Each game is filled with confidence and style and its a shame that in general people pass them up because they are 'too weird' or 'too japanese'. I get that they don't hold much of a universal appeal but I feel its a damn shame overall.

On the subject of length one of the things I love about their titles is the replayability. Even if I run through the game doing the same shit over and over each playthrough, I still get this intense satisfaction out of playing them. The core mechanics are generally really solid and -fun-. I'm sure this game will be of a similar length to their other titles for sure. This being a Kamiya game too pretty much solidifies that its gonna be rad.

So I'm hoping this game does incredibly well for them for once, and/or perhaps one day in the future it can be ported off to other consoles, although that is unlikely since I think this game was tailor made just for the Wii U (unless in a few years I can find a Wii U suuuuper cheap of course). 

I'm going to assume the game is coming later to the US due to Pikmin coming later to the US as well. Seems like a strategy to insure that the games don't cannibalize one another. It's cool, I can wait.

Surprised by the release date different between the US and Europe. Anyway, now it's dated, I'm a bit more hyped for the Wii U now. 

If I recall, does GTA 5 come out within the same week as this game?

I'm pretty surprised that they would release The Wonderful 101 alongside that game.

Hopefully it pulls in excellent numbers for Platinum Games. I plan on picking this up on Day 1.

Yeah but its a different target demographic than GTA 5, I think it'll be fine. It makes more sense to not compete against Pikmin than to worry about GTA.

If I recall, does GTA 5 come out within the same week as this game?

I'm pretty surprised that they would release The Wonderful 101 alongside that game.

Hopefully it pulls in excellent numbers for Platinum Games. I plan on picking this up on Day 1.

Two different audiences so I don't think it will be a big deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, this Direct has been Hype shit flying all over the Place, it's sticking to the walls, the ceiling and all over the street, and in the Middle of Mega Man in Smash Bros and Bayoneta 2, there is a new Trailer for Wonderful 101

now if you'll excuse me, I need a towel and rewatch the Bayonetta and SMash Bros Trailers

• 1 month later...

The Wonderful 101 -Prologue Trailer

Basically the bus scene with an explanation of how the team works. So nice!

Footage of the entire first level.

EDIT: Now available on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOG_pcFEkwo

Either everyone is tiny, or everything else is gigantic. I really don't know why the characters are so small, also, DAT LOADING SCREEN! It's almost as long as Sonic 06, luckily it's not as frequent.

Edited by KrazyBean

I'm still not quite sure what to think of this game tbh! Wish I could give it a go first

Yeah, I'm really hoping they'll put a demo on the Wii U E-Shop. I think it's pretty much necessary.

As of now I'm not too convinced, but maybe a playable demo will make this a Day 1 buy for me.

Edited by canderson

This game looks brilliant. It screams Platinum Games in every single aspect from visuals to gameplay mechanics.

Yeah I saw that when I looked at the gameplay footage the first time. It's a wonderful reference.

• Thumbs Up 2