Awoo.

Unpopular Movie Opinions!

Winston

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I didn't care for Prometheus AT ALL.

The characters are either really fucking dumb or complete dickheads until the last 15 minutes of the film at which point it's too late, and it's such a rehash of Alien it's not even funny.

• Thumbs Up 2

Temple Of Doom is my least favourite. Why you ask? How about the side Characters! Willie is most annoying Character in an Indiana Jones film period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smeMDwbG27w

The Crystal Skull is mainly bashed because Lucas. Everybody blame Lucas for everything in that film and everything he has filmed since Howard The Duck.

Would people shut up about the Fridge Scene all of Indiana Jones have stupid shit in them. How come nobody comments on other scenes like the Monkey Vine scene or multiple waterfall scenes in Crystal Skull? Also why do people moan about the Aliens why not? We have had hearts being ripped out. Chilled Monkey Brains. Faces melted. A guy decayed to dust etc. So why not?-_-

I thought Hurt Locker was pretty good and their was a lot of factors into why it won an Oscar. You should see Zero Dark Trinity which sadly lucked out this year at the Oscars but is still a really good film.

My unpopular movie Opinions:

Anyway, Cloud Altas was an okay film. Not bad, not the best. Okay.

Also why do people refuse to see a film if it didn't get 90% on Rotten Tomatos or Metacritic! 80%, 70% is still pretty good read some of the reviews both good and bad if your still unsure instead of going off the percentage. Me I am not a big fan of Critics, I don't like being dictated into what is considered good and bad cinema.

I agree with you, people give George Lucas too much shit. It's funny, since he never wrote or directed Howard The Duck, he was just one of the 4 producers for the film. (a.k.a. Throwing money at it.)

Edited by Felix

I swear I posted in this topic already... Oh well!

- I absolutely LOVE the Transformers movie series.

- I don't like the choice of Wreck-It Ralph losing to Brave in the Oscars. Ralph should have won.

- I mostly love comedies that are a critic or box office bomb. (See: 90% of Adam Sandler's films)
- I think Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones is the best Star Wars movie.

Can't think of anything more.

• Thumbs Up 1

- I don't like the choice of Wreck-It Ralph losing to Brave in the Oscars. Ralph should have won.

I agree. Having watched Brave just recently and Wreck-it-Ralph twice in theaters, I was disappointed that Brave won even though I understand why. I enjoyed both films but Ralph takes the cake by a longshot. I know that not everyone gets hit by all the video game nostalgia like I do, but Ralph was imaginative, unique, relatable, and moving. The people that worked on it did an exceptional job with just about everything IMO. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Would people shut up about the Fridge Scene all of Indiana Jones have stupid shit in them. How come nobody comments on other scenes like the Monkey Vine scene or multiple waterfall scenes in Crystal Skull? Also why do people moan about the Aliens why not? We have had hearts being ripped out. Chilled Monkey Brains. Faces melted. A guy decayed to dust etc. So why not?sleep.png

I personally think the aliens are not as out of place in the Indy universe as everyone makes them out to be. There have been myths where people interacted with aliens, or alien-like beings, so IMO, the aliens just added to the mythical feel to to the Indyverse. If mythology can have ghosts, immortals and whatnot, So why not aliens?

• Thumbs Up 2

I like Temple Of Doom and Crystal Skull, but both are tied for my least favorite Indy film. 

How was CG in Crystal Skull a bad thing, though? The fridge scene (didn't mind it personally), from a logical standpoint, doesn't make sense, but hey, it's a movie.

The CG just looked a bit cheesy...that's all. =T

But yah, the fridge scene and the aliens were weird, but then there's TONS of other stupid and weird things happening in ToD and previous films. Maybe i prefer ToD because it's a fun movie to watch while the other is kinda boring.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is nowhere near one of the worst films ever made, and I think it's an okay-ish movie.

Well despite the much hate it got I love the live action version of Street Fighter, the Van dam one. Its so bad and cheesy but enjoyable to watch. Stand out scene "I'm gonna get in my boat I'm gonna go down stream and kick that sob Bison a*s so hard, the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it" Or maybe "quick, change the channel" :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well despite the much hate it got I love the live action version of Street Fighter, the Van dam one. Its so bad and cheesy but enjoyable to watch. Stand out scene "I'm gonna get in my boat I'm gonna go down stream and kick that sob Bison a*s so hard, the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it" Or maybe "quick, change the channel" tongue.png

LOL ! that is an epic quote from an epic movie. 

Nolan's Batman movies are overrated and boring.

I just don't find these movies to be that good. Plus Nolan's attempt to add realism takes away from what makes a superhero movie a superhero movie. These are larger-than-life characters and realism doesn't work well with them.

Plus I find Bale to be a boring lead actor who is overshadowed by every other actor.

• Thumbs Up 2

Transformers trilogy is the shieeetttttttttttttt i literally can't defend them at all on filmmaking levels (especially ROTF) but there so much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nehehhehee actually i pretty much love most of Bay's flims

and  i actually unironically like Batman Forever from a nostalgia purposes anyway, cause of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM, Carrey was great as Riddler, Val Kilmer wasn't that bad of a Batman (shitty bruce wayne tho), also Nicole kidman was smoking hot (Two-Face and Robin were annoying tho)

i also enjoyed X-Men 3, Spidey 3, Green Lantern,  the GI Joe movies, The Matrix sequels, and the SW prequels.

Edited by Jackstraw the Ripper

• 3 months later...

I think Ponyo is a good movie, and doesn't deserve most of the shit it gets from Ghibli fans.

Its a good movie, but its nowhere near as good as other Ghibli movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Spider-Man 3 was a good movie. Not as good as Spider-Man 1, but an entertaining one none the less.

I also think Spider-Man 2 was not particularly good. The story wasn't interesting. The whole 'Spider-Man temporarily loses his powers' was complete rubbish. The action sequences weren't that impressive. Spider-Man 3 was a return to form.

I know this is a VERY unpopular opinion but that's just how I feel.

Edited by -Bender-

Don't like the Nolan Batman trilogy much. Find it very overrated and tries too hard to be DARK and EDGY.

Also, can't stand the Social Network and hate it when people say "it's the movie of this generation." Bull! I'm glad it didn't win Best Picture.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, can't stand the Social Network and hate it when people say "it's the movie of this generation." Bull! I'm glad it didn't win Best Picture.

people actually thought that the social network was good? i thought that it was bland and boring

Real Steel is an absolutely amazing film.  I remember entering the cinema with my dad with fairly low expectations and we both came out thoroughly entertained.  I very much enjoyed how they developed the relationship between Charlie and Max Kenton, but the element of the film that I most enjoyed was how Atom was portrayed.  Because of the nature of the bot, as well as how the characters (namely Charlie and especially Max) interacted with it, Atom was made out to seem very human despite the fact that he quite clearly wasn't.  Every time I see that final fight between Atom and Zeus I can't help but react to each punch dealt, and almost cheer as Atom gained some ground.  And once Charlie took control of Atom it felt like every element of the film just came together for those couple of minutes.  It also ended perfectly in my opinion.  Having Atom win would've been rather corny, and I don't think it would've overall stuck as strongly.

Very excited for the sequel and how Atom's backstory will be explored. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Some people hate the movies of Jim Carrey but I love The Mask, Dumb and Dumber and Bruce Almighty. Same for Robin Williams, his stand up is very funny and I enjoyed Flubber, Jumanji and Bicentential Man

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Oooooooh boy, well my film of choice would be The Dark Knight. I can't stand whenever anyone says that it is the perfect superhero movie or that that is how Batman should be and that Ben Affleck is going to suck because he isn't Christian Bale.

Anyway I do not like things being made "realistic."nor do I like the recent strive for realism either, It's a reason I didn't like GTA IV either. It just makes things overly dreary and dull, I like having brief bits of fun in my films to have a lull in all the morbidity.

You could take Batman out and it wouldn't make a difference, that's how little he is in it. There's no wonder it doesn't have Batman in the 
title (and yes I know The Dark Knight is his nickname.)

Heath Ledger's Joker wasn't The Joker I know from the comics. He was simply a terrorist wearing makeup. He had none of the charm that was even in The Killing Joke (which Heath Ledger apparently read.) which was dark as fuck already. Yet in TKJ he still acted like The Joker, he made jokes about Barbara's condition after she had been shot. Comparing her to a library book with a broken spine.

The film goes on for far too long and the pacing is god awful. Even with the length of the film they managed to rush Two-Face in the end. 

Now some nitpicks - 

I can not take Batman seriously with that voice at all when he talks, I get that it's meant to be "intimidating" but you can sound intimidating whilst not sounding like that. Case in point Kevin Conroy or even Roger Craig Smith (who has been doing the role for far shorter than Bale had by this film, in fact he made the voice even more ridiculous in this one.)

I do not like the Batmobile's design in the Nolan series. 

I do not see the Nolan films as the quintessential superhero movies as there's simply far too many changes to the characters I know. Also I love how Batman 89 gets shit for having the Joker kill Bruce's parents instead of Joe Chill yet no one minds Ra's al Ghul training Bruce Wayne. I even prefer Adam West's Batman as I can watch it for the camp value and it isn't so incredibly pretentious either.

I thought Brave was pretty decent. Same goes for Cars and Cars 2.

Edited by Dizcrybe