Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I'm around 146 emblems or so, and at first I was thinking "Whats the big fuss with the difficulty in this"...But now the game is tearing me apart. I'm going insane with it! angry.png

just jump before the end of the rail, hold B to crouch as soon as you start the level, and before hitting the end of the rail, jump you should do a stunt flip and score an Awesome! rating, netting 1000 points from the get go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Although I still think a lot of the levels just have way too brutally cruel A-rank requirements, I'm pleased to find that in a lot of the levels there's a lot of bonus points I didn't know about, which means that even if I screw up non-fatally at some point I can still recover.

Metal Harbour is still too snooty to accept anything short of a perfect sequence of point scoring moves, but at least it's only one level...

...that you have to beat three times. Argh. There's a REASON people find it easier to collect every single ring than to just A-rank it normally.

just jump before the end of the rail, hold B to crouch as soon as you start the level, and before hitting the end of the rail, jump you should do a stunt flip and score an Awesome! rating, netting 1000 points from the get go.

Yes, got 1000 points for doing a stunt. Thanks. Should be easy to get the A Rank now.

That Green Hill level better be worth it....

Green Hill has a wow factor of about forty-two seconds, but I think it's worth it just for the satisfaction of knowing that you've completed the hardest All Best-Rank challenge in the Sonic series.

That is, the hardest challenge that isn't broken to the point of barely being playable. Because All S-Ranks in Sonic 06 is indeed much, much harder, but fuck that game. Would you believe 06 has a driving mission that makes Route 280 Mission 4 seem like a piece of cake?

Wait, are you sure you're not confusing with Biolizard? But to be fair, this one is still pretty hard 'till today.

I've always found Biolizard fun and almost kinda easy

At least I know Green hill is still in the game, I haven't been searching around I'm still not done with the game and to add insult to injury nobody was kind enough to reply to my question regarding that, wut ever........

At least I know Green hill is still in the game, I haven't been searching around I'm still not done with the game and to add insult to injury nobody was kind enough to reply to my question regarding that, wut ever........

I dunno if anyone's unlocked it yet. Chao raising takes foreeeeeever.

But the in-game hints in the loading screens outright state that "A big surprise will be waiting for you on the level select screen when you collect 180 emblems!" and I'll be shocked and surprised if that turns out to be anything other than Green Hill.

So heres a question for you.

Can't remember the name of it, but it's an Eggman stage, the one set on the Space Colony, It's the one where at times you're attached to a platform and you can score some serious points by getting 15-20 combo's, it's Eggmans version of Final Rush. Takes around 10 min to complete at times.

Anyway, at the end of this stage you're chased by a giant drill, if you aim back and fire the cannon you can knock off the smaller drill bits but can't damage the main centre one itself.

At best, I've been able to destroy all but one of the drill bits. For some reason, back on the Gamecube version I think I was able to destroy all of them.

Can anyone/has anyone destroyed this? If so, what happens? At the end of the stage it looks like you can drop to the platform earlier than the goal ring, can you land earlier or is it just a bonus point upgrade if you destroy this last target?

Can't remember the name of it, but it's an Eggman stage, the one set on the Space Colony, It's the one where at times you're attached to a platform and you can score some serious points by getting 15-20 combo's, it's Eggmans version of Final Rush. Takes around 10 min to complete at times.

Anyway, at the end of this stage you're chased by a giant drill, if you aim back and fire the cannon you can knock off the smaller drill bits but can't damage the main centre one itself.

At best, I've been able to destroy all but one of the drill bits. For some reason, back on the Gamecube version I think I was able to destroy all of them.

Can anyone/has anyone destroyed this? If so, what happens? At the end of the stage it looks like you can drop to the platform earlier than the goal ring, can you land earlier or is it just a bonus point upgrade if you destroy this last target?

You're talking about Cosmic Wall hehe. I don't remember having destroyed all the drill bits on the DC version, but I know I didn't with the HD version... Does it gives you some extra score if you destroy all of them? That's what I think you want to know and me too.

Wait, that post was kinda of useless :/

Edited by Jango

EDIT: I can't find a video that shows it, so I think it's a random item of some kind. Though I'm not entirely sure. I can't really imagine what else it could be.

Edited by Debug Ring

Doesn't seem like it's possible to destroy all the drills. Not enough time. There always seems to be at least one left when you exit that tunnel.

I think Cosmic Wall is the most enjoyable shooting stage out of all the Eggman and Tails stages. I am guessing that you need 100,000 points to A rank that stage?

Doesn't seem like it's possible to destroy all the drills. Not enough time. There always seems to be at least one left when you exit that tunnel.

I think Cosmic Wall is the most enjoyable shooting stage out of all the Eggman and Tails stages. I am guessing that you need 100,000 points to A rank that stage?

On Hard Mode, yes. For the normal mission 1, I think it's 80,000. It was a hell to get the Hard rank A on that stage, at least for me :/

EDIT: I can't find a video that shows it, so I think it's a random item of some kind. Though I'm not entirely sure. I can't really imagine what else it could be.

It can't be an item, there would be no point as the moment this sequence is over the level ends.

It can't be an item, there would be no point as the moment this sequence is over the level ends.

I've got no idea then. What could it be other than that?

Oh gosh yes I've always meant to ask about the drill encounter. The implied impossibility of it has driven me crazy for years.

Oh gosh yes I've always meant to ask about the drill encounter. The implied impossibility of it has driven me crazy for years.

I heard that drill encounters had a habit of driving people crazy.

...but yeah, I think if it was doable, there would be a video or something somewhere.

Invincibility power-up doubles your points earned while you have it!?

I never knew that before. Wouldn't have known it at all if I didn't watch ClementJ642's Let's Play of Sonic Adventure 2. Guess that explains why the invincibility item boxes are so unusually rare in this game. Are there any other Sonic games where invincibility affects your score?

Invincibility power-up doubles your points earned while you have it!?

If I recall correctly they even mentioned that in the manual of SA2B. Seriously, it sometimes feels like I'm the only one who still reads manuals these days. rolleyes.gif Oh well. I haven't spotted anything like that in any other manuals so I think SA2 is the only game where this works.

If I recall correctly they even mentioned that in the manual of SA2B. Seriously, it sometimes feels like I'm the only one who still reads manuals these days. rolleyes.gif Oh well. I haven't spotted anything like that in any other manuals so I think SA2 is the only game where this works.

I was determined to wipe that smirk off your face, so I went and dug out my old Sonic Adventure 2 Battle manual, and you're completely right. So your smirk may remain unwiped.

By the way, this is a really great manual. Backstory, character profiles, tutorials, tips, it's got it all. These days store-bought video games have a booklet containing a little bit of credits, copyright info and an epilepsy warning and that's it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Green Hill has a wow factor of about forty-two seconds, but I think it's worth it just for the satisfaction of knowing that you've completed the hardest All Best-Rank challenge in the Sonic series.

That is, the hardest challenge that isn't broken to the point of barely being playable. Because All S-Ranks in Sonic 06 is indeed much, much harder, but fuck that game. Would you believe 06 has a driving mission that makes Route 280 Mission 4 seem like a piece of cake?

Really? I found all S ranks in 06 to be relatively easy in comparison to SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was determined to wipe that smirk off your face, so I went and dug out my old Sonic Adventure 2 Battle manual, and you're completely right. So your smirk may remain unwiped.

By the way, this is a really great manual. Backstory, character profiles, tutorials, tips, it's got it all. These days store-bought video games have a booklet containing a little bit of credits, copyright info and an epilepsy warning and that's it.

I had forgotten that points feature. I guess since it's unusual.

With regard to instruction booklets, some don't even bother with them period. I think EA games just come with a slip of glossed paper nowadays?

I don't mind reduced manuals for the envioronmental bonus but yeah, I miss them being jam-packed. Well hey at least the Help section on the remake is pretty much as lengthy as the manual was.

Really? I found all S ranks in 06 to be relatively easy in comparison to SA2.

As I've said before in this thread, no matter what video game challenge you name somebody somewhere will step up and say "What? But that was easy!"

If you found all S-ranking Sonic 06 easy, then you're a freak. Seriously. An impressive freak, but a freak nonetheless.