Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Well, this totally makes up for delaying Anarchy Reigns!...

...wait, no it doesn't.

Still hate you Sega.

• Thumbs Up 7

Reason I'm so pumped for this is because my DC is broken (never had it on DC), and I lost my GC copy. I keep getting distracted by other games to pick up a new copy.

If there's a Vita version, the best possible thing that could happen in cross-platform saving.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good for the people who want this. I myself don't like the game enough to want to own it twice, but I'm happy for those who do or don't have easy access to the game in any of its current formats.

• Thumbs Up 1

There will never be a Sonic Adventure 3 sad.png. Seriously GET OVER IT!!!

I want to play SA2, as I have never played it. I know, I should be ashamed of myself for admitting that.

I have played City Escape and The Shadow boss in Generations. I love the Escape from the City music, one of the best Sonic songs ever. Is the other music in SA2 really good? What about the other levels?

If you do buy it, just don't expect it to live up to what a lot of fans hype it to be. I do believe it was a good game back in 2001 but that was a long time ago. Standards in gaming have risen far beyond the early 3D games and it doesn't make a lot of sense for people to directly compare them to gaming as it is nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

So this is the howmanyeth time Sonic news/media has been leaked FIRST@XBOX LIVE?

Kudos to that NeoGAFer for being spot on with another game, too.

• Thumbs Up 4

If there's a Vita version, the best possible thing that could happen in cross-platform saving.

If only. I'd doubt it will but that would be hella good.

Why do you want online multiplayer guys? Didn't you learn anything from S4E2's incredibly laggy online? And the online was in that game from the get-go unlike SA2. I'd say we're better off.

Edited by pppp

Why do you guys want online multiplayer guys? Didn't you learn anything from S4E2's incredibly laggy online? And the online was in that game from the get-go unlike SA2. I'd say we're better off.

took them long enough to port the game at all, in fact its taken them way too long to port any Dreamcast titles to XBLA/PSN

SA2 is a good game if you grew up playing the Adventure series, its more about the nostalgia than anything though.

still don't get why you all act like sheep and bash it for sake of it, it may not be perfect but it did help shape Sonic's future and it had a kicking soundtrack.

it also did more with those little blue fuckers the chao that the fanbase cries out about to SEGA wanting them to return, it did a lot of things wrong but it also did a lot of things right.

• Thumbs Up 7

If Insomniac is able to accomplish no-lag online multiplayer with R&C: All 4 One, I'm sure SEGA can.

Edited by pppp

Wouldn't It be great to switch between characters of the same type, Ex: Sonic in Shadow's levels, Eggman in Tails' Levels?

But that game was made by a competent developer. Not to mention it was a game made for online multiplayer. Adding online to an old game always has bad results.
Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 9

SA2 Widescreen on PSN? After Sonic CD it looks like SEGA are finally learning. Quality re-releases is what these games deserve. First day buy.

So Sonic CD in 2011, SA2 in 2012. How about Sonic Colours for 2013. Will SEGA be giving an old Sonic game this kind of treatment every year from now on. I am all for that.

Awesome, my only gripe is, October? Ouch. =/

But yeah, favourite Sonic game ever, day one buy, October or not (hopefully sooner. Please, Sega?). I don't care if I already own three copies...

Damn, I really wanted to use that clip from The Simpsons with the orphans saying they need an extra wall and three isn't enough, but I can't find it on YouTube. mellow.png

After all, presumably the same team dropped that piece of crap Adventure 1 PSN port on us.

The reason I don't like online play is that you know Sega will tie some form of unlockable to it... and that potentially includes chao gardens or make the battle segments stupidly long and unimaginative... e.g. X number of wins as this character.

Considering this isn't a new game it's not going to take much for people to look up and use the exploits in order to take the advantage.

If Rayman 3 HD is of any indication of modern ports, this will just be the same game with slightly higher resolution textures and slightly better models. Meh, I still have a Gamecube copy, I think I'll pass.

Though I DO think this is leading up to Sonic Adventure 3, I've been standing outside wearing cardboard signs like a crazy person preaching this, I can FEEL Sonic Adventure 3 coming. inb406wasSA3.

Exactly. Or do you think that team is competent?
Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Rayman 3 HD is of any indication of modern ports, this will just be the same game with slightly higher resolution textures and slightly better models. Meh, I still have a Gamecube copy, I think I'll pass.

Though I DO think this is leading up to Sonic Adventure 3, I've been standing outside wearing cardboard signs like a crazy person preaching this, I can FEEL Sonic Adventure 3 coming. inb406wasSA3.

• Thumbs Up 1