Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

And did someone really just say they do it for the reviewers? Really? Sonic will have a bad rep with reviewers regardless of whether they hold their hand or not.

Re-read, I said "in some cases" I didn't mean in every case. and yes I do believe the signs were added just for the casuals and reviewers. because face it, outside of us, those kind are dumbasses who can't work a damned jump button in a Sonic game more/less watch out for a bottomless pit while mindlessly boosting.

Edited by goku262002

Why are you guys talking about bottomless pit signs? Are there screenshots of it in the SA2 port?

Edited by sonfan1984

Re-read, I said "in some cases" I didn't mean in every case. and yes I do believe the signs were added just for the casuals and reviewers. because face it, outside of us, those kind are dumbasses who can't work a damned jump button in a Sonic game more/less watch out for a bottomless pit while mindlessly boosting.

I guess. Then there's stuff like the begining of Crisis City modern which EVERYONE fell for the first time lol.

I don't think anyone here has asked for anything that is out of the question.

Team Dark to Play in Team Hero's stages

Multiplayer Characters to play in Story stages

bottomless pit signs to be added

in a fucking port

next you'll be asking Sonic to switch shoes with Shadow and vice versa

Oh GAWSH so this is going to be the new argument? People are going to keep pointing to Sonic CD? Be reminded that (and I might be wrong) Sega pretty much did NO work in that port, they spent no real resources remaking that game. While it would be nice to have every port like Sonic CD, it's a PORT, not a REMAKE, not a REDUX, not a REMASTERING, a port. Portportportportportportport. Anything extra would be NICE but it for darn sure ain't required. Sega is actually involved in this port, they're putting forth resources now and those resources are limited, unlike one person with years of free time on his hands. Again, I could be wrong, but if I'm right then hear me out.

Are the resources too limited for a little Online Multiplayer and widescreen support? Or am I slaving SEGA too much?

you're missing the point, why the fuck would they add bottomless sign pits in a Dreamcast title?

you all want too much out of something as simple as a port, as usual.

Holy shit did I never want those, where did I ever say I did?

Oh GAWSH so this is going to be the new argument? People are going to keep pointing to Sonic CD? Be reminded that (and I might be wrong) Sega pretty much did NO work in that port, they spent no real resources remaking that game. While it would be nice to have every port like Sonic CD, it's a PORT, not a REMAKE, not a REDUX, not a REMASTERING, a port. Portportportportportportport. Anything extra would be NICE but it for darn sure ain't required. Sega is actually involved in this port, they're putting forth resources now and those resources are limited, unlike one person with years of free time on his hands. Again, I could be wrong, but if I'm right then hear me out.

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to blur the line between port and remake, which is what Sonic CD does if you aren't specifically aware of the development behind it. Sonic CD COULD have just been a port. But they went the extra mile.

People aren't expecting Sonic Adventure 2 to have extra stuff, they are well aware it is a port. When people make suggestions, it can probably be assumed that they skip the part where they say "I wish this had been a remake rather than a port, like CD, so they could have done..."

Christian Whitehead did pretty much most of the work on that. It was even on YT as a demo years before. inb4 lol fans r bettr then sega

I'm pretty sure they paid the guy. I also recall more than his name appearing in the remake's extra credits sequence for Tails' ending. Plus he said at the time that demo was a single level.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit did I never want those, where did I ever say I did?

well that's what the last 2-3 pages have been talking about, bottomless pits and generations pitfall signs, not aimed directly at you.

Team Dark to Play in Team Hero's stages

Multiplayer Characters to play in Story stages

bottomless pit signs to be added

in a fucking port

next you'll be asking Sonic to switch shoes with Shadow and vice versa

What.

SA2:B + Action Replay people. Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 5

They added Tails in the Sonic CD port, so they'll probably have at least one new feature, right?

Are the resources too limited for a little Online Multiplayer and widescreen support? Or am I slaving SEGA too much?

Dude they're not taking a break, the series is still going on. There's better to do than add onto a Ten year game. There are a slew of other Sonic games that need attention, they can't pull resources from future projects just to----you know what? Haha it doesn't matter, we're NOT GETTING IT.

Ithink

Edited by Dr.SuperJXJ

Action Replay.

an extension of cheats and de-bug menus

not in a HD Port kthnx

*goes back a few pages*

So wait. SA2/SA2B is confirmed? Wow. I miss this because I was car shopping (with no luck) and come back to see people bitching about signs and other non-relevant stuff. Damn Sonic fans, you all have issues.

On topic, SA2 on xblv and psn. I can't wait to play it again. It will be fun to run through all of my favorite SA2 stages again....but this time with a 360/ps3 controller.

• Thumbs Up 6

O.O Nice to see my picture has started a long debate among people about bottomless pits....

Hides back inside randomly placed barrel.

I'm sorry OP D:

Jeez Peacock. Let people dream. No need to shove a stick up their arses. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude they're not taking a break, the series is still going on. There's better to do than add onto a Ten year game. There are a slew of other Sonic games that need attention, they can't pull resources from future projects just to----you know what? Haha it doesn't matter, we're NOT GETTING IT.

There are better things to do then to add onto a ten year game? As much as I hate to annoy you, I'll point to Sonic CD for the second time. They surely didn't have to pay Christian to make such a great port/remake/whathaveyou, but they did, and it ended well.

Now knowing Sonic Team/SEGA, they aren't lazy fucks (...Or are they? Hm.) So I'm pretty sure we're going to get something substantial as a reason to be getting this port, otherwise, I can just hook up my Wii and play SA2:B.

But I digress, this is going in circles as is.

Some people like having sticks shoved up their ass thank you very much.

Oak or Maplewood?

Let us get back on topic...so yea, SA2....I really do think it could be leading to something big.

There are better things to do then to add onto a ten year game? As much as I hate to annoy you, I'll point to Sonic CD for the second time. They surely didn't have to pay Christian to make such a great port/remake/whathaveyou, but they did, and it ended well.

Now knowing Sonic Team/SEGA, they aren't lazy fucks (...Or are they? Hm.) So I'm pretty sure we're going to get something substantial as a reason to be getting this port, otherwise, I can just hook up my Wii and play SA2:B.

But I digress, this is going in circles as is.

And I surely wouldn't want to annoy you, but again I say that Christian Whitehead did most of the work on his OWN, ALONE, he's not limited like big companies like Sega so he has more freedom to do whatever he wants in more time.

Does anyone remember where we heard that Heroes would be coming to XBLA or PSN? Can't seem to find it.

Does anyone remember where we heard that Heroes would be coming to XBLA or PSN? Can't seem to find it.

It's available as a PS2 Classic on the European PSN.

Half the things people want can easily be done with a PC version. so for god sakes SEGA, please don't forget us PC folk! you've been really good to us lately with Sonic 4 E1&2, Sonic CD 2011, & Sonic Generations (which we are loving both for normal and hacking perposes!!).

• Thumbs Up 1

didn't they plan an SA2 PC port at one point? but it fell through? i mean we got SADX but SA2 was a no show

Christian Whitehead did pretty much most of the work on that. It was even on YT as a demo years before. inb4 lol fans r bettr then sega

lol fans r bettr then sega
  • Thumbs Up 1