Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

GUESS WHAT RETRO GOT WORKING?!...sort of:

Since we can make actual hacks now, I figured I should do one too: Download.

Changes:

• Super Sonic loads instead of Sonic.
  • Disabled character switching when passing -50 on the Z axis.
  • Disabled invisible boundaries.
  • Disabled ring drain.
  • Disabled timed messages.
  • Disabled automatic death after 5 minutes.
  • Made Super Sonic use Sonic's start position array, so he doesn't start at 0, 0, 0 all the time.

Some notes:

• Do not touch water. The game will proceed to lock up your entire computer for a minute and then crash.
    • Do not try to use him in 2P mode. The game will crash after P2 does their introduction.
    • You cannot control him in Sonic's section of Cannon's Core, because he cannot slide down the rail.
    • He uses a sound effect from the current stage for his dash attack. I have no idea how I could possibly fix this.
    • He cannot destroy crates, somersault under barriers, destroy the glass windows or flip the switches in Crazy Gadget, use horizontal bars, or really do anything.
    • He cannot be controlled in the Chao Kindergarten for some reason.

Video:

Edited by goku262002

That 2P mod is what I always wanted. My friends and I used to love playing SA2 but the more time I put into the game the more one-sided our matches became, even when I played as Amy I had to occasionally push B to progress through the stage.

Too bad I have no-one to play with. =U

Edited by JezMM

So bought this along with Sonic the Fighters. The cutscenes and voice acting is as bad as ever. :3

Also, Knuckles' eyelids are skin-coloured...so was Heroes the first main game where all the characters had eye lids the same colour as their fur then?

Also, Knuckles' eyelids are skin-coloured...so was Heroes the first main game where all the characters had eye lids the same colour as their fur then?

I think Sonic Adventure DX was first.

If people want Super Sonic in regular levels wouldn't it be a whole lot easier in the long run to use the Metal Sonic's animations (Floating and such) With the Super Sonic model? Then look into how to change speed values and stopping Sonic from getting hurt?

Cus I hate to admit it, but the actual Super Sonic in SA2 Is broken and I really don't see the point him been in normal levels when he is clearly designed to work in a very open environment (Space)

Making a Super Sonic we would expect more (Like the SA1 Super Sonic) Would make more sense.. And by the looks of it easier. I know some guy already got Super Sonic and Shadow working in the gamecube version by using the Metal Sonic animations so I know thats possible but the question is, How hard would it be to change the players acceleration and top speed?

As for invincibility.. Would it be possible to manipulate the actual invincibility power up to not have a time limit and never run out?

Just some ideas smile.png

Edited by StereoPix3l

If people want Super Sonic in regular levels wouldn't it be a whole lot easier in the long run to use the Metal Sonic's animations (Floating and such) With the Super Sonic model? Then look into how to change speed values and stopping Sonic from getting hurt?

Cus I hate to admit it, but the actual Super Sonic in SA2 Is broken and I really don't see the point him been in normal levels when he is clearly designed to work in a very open environment (Space)

Making a Super Sonic we would expect more (Like the SA1 Super Sonic) Would make more sense.. And by the looks of it easier. I know some guy already got Super Sonic and Shadow working in the gamecube version by using the Metal Sonic animations so I know thats possible but the question is, How hard would it be to change the players acceleration and top speed?

As for invincibility.. Would it be possible to manipulate the actual invincibility power up to not have a time limit and never run out?

Just some ideas smile.png

Thats pretty much whats going to happen at this point since we did the same thing with SADX. for now, Retro is basically testing the waters since we got a partial decrypted .exe working and seeing if it could be done.

I've been playing the Dreamcast version of the game today. I noticed that it tends to lag when there's a lot going on screen. I haven't noticed it before.

Is this something that is known, or is it just my Dreamcast itself?

Sonic Adventure 2 is still selling extremely well on PSN.

The list of top 20 PSN games for November is now up. SA2 was the 3rd best seller for last month.

http://blog.us.plays...ut-with-a-bang/

Meanwhile, in EU, it manages a 7th place finish, with more niche titles apparently edging it out.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/12/06/playstation-store-pal-charts-november-2012/

SEGA finally got around to releasing that Sonic Adventure 2 premium theme on the PS3. If you bought SA2, SEGA has sent you a message with a code that will let you get the theme for free.

Oh man, yesterday (and today's morning) I've went back to the game after a couple o' weeks without playing it, and got all the remaining emblems (Chao Garden stuff only). Iizuka bless animal-glitch, if wasn't for it, it would take waaaaaaay more time, especially the challenge races.

Final result: 180 emblems in 51 hours of play-time.

Finally the game's over!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, yesterday (and today's morning) I've went back to the game after a couple o' weeks without playing it, and got all the remaining emblems (Chao Garden stuff only). Iizuka bless animal-glitch, if wasn't for it, it would take waaaaaaay more time, especially the challenge races.

Final result: 180 emblems in 51 hours of play-time.

Finally the game's over!

What's the five toughest missions in your opinion? I'm trying to get all 180 on the Dreamcast version right now.

After many years of being jumped on by colourful fluffy animals, this spring is pissed - and is out to chase down his tormentors!

• Thumbs Up 2

What's the five toughest missions in your opinion? I'm trying to get all 180 on the Dreamcast version right now.

Hum... I would say: A-rank in Cosmic Wall hard mode, basically A-rank in every kart mission and Cannon's Core 100 rings mission.

Can I cheat and say any emblem involving Chao.

I've beaten both Dreamcast and Gamecube versions (clocking 500 hours on Gamecube with my brother.. not sure how we did that) and am just over Chao.

Why I went and bought the HD version I'll never know. Too much of a trophy whore I guess rolleyes.gif

Hum... I would say: A-rank in Cosmic Wall hard mode, basically A-rank in every kart mission and Cannon's Core 100 rings mission.

Ugh Cannon's Core! That one I don't think I'll ever get all As on. Any tips on passing every mission with As? I seem to always get a C and that's the best I can do.

Ugh Cannon's Core! That one I don't think I'll ever get all As on. Any tips on passing every mission with As? I seem to always get a C and that's the best I can do.

Sonic and Shadow - Forget speed, try to kill every enemy, combo lots of tricks Ie. Connecting rails, chain homing attack. Bounce bracelet to keep your combo going. I can't remember if rings have a heavy enough impact to worry about.

Knux and Rouge - Just grab all the 3 shards as fast as possible without using clues. Good luck with Mad Space sad.png

Eggman and Tails - Just try to chain huge ass combos together. I'm pretty sure it maxes out at 11 or 12 targets. Don't run around mashing the shoot button!

Edited by Valormere

So, why do people tend to breed for SSSSS chao excessively? Bragging rights or something?

Edited by VEDJ-F

1 - This should be obvious, but don't die, not even once! If you do, start over.

2 - In Eggman and Tails' parts, take advantage of scoring as well as freezing time as much as possible. Try to move around the level with the time as frozen as possible to minimize time for more score, and it makes the level easier too. Try to get 11x combos as much as possible, anything after 11x is bad. Stop at 11x and then scan again for more points.

3 - For Knuckles and Rouge, again, try to freeze time as much as possible, making sure not to die. You get the most points from Egg and Tails, so don't stress too much about scoring here.

4 - For Sonic, the most important rule is not to die, but once again, that time freeze is your friend. If you usually die in that room with a pit with the Chaos Ball enemy, use the Magic Hands (the only time they actually are useful in the game).

Good luck with Mad Space sad.png

I wish my computer wasn't being so damn slow. Then I could show you guys my time for Mad Space - three minutes and twenty-two seconds. With no hints. So, it is possible to finish this very quickly.

I wish my computer wasn't being so damn slow. Then I could show you guys my time for Mad Space - three minutes and twenty-two seconds. With no hints. So, it is possible to finish this very quickly.

.... are you god?

• Thumbs Up 1

So, why do people tend to breed for SSSSS chao excessively? Bragging rights or something?

For some people, yeah. For me personally, I just like raising chao. It's a fun little distraction now and then like those old Digimon and Tamagotchi handheld games, but I don't focus all of my energy just to get an uber Chao.