Awoo.

[ARTWORK] Milo's Museum

Milo

*haughty laughter intensifies*

Just as we promised, we bring to you!

From Dedede and Milo, new art part two!

We jump back to January--with Accel in good cheer

Watch her as she rings in the new year! (You've Got The Toast!)

you_ve_got_the_toast__by_yeow95_dcw4ppw-

The second piece for today features a mickey in hand

Held by Siddy, the singer of the The Commodities band

Don't ask us why he doesn't use the term microphone

Or the more common "mic"--it's his terminology alone! (Raising the Mickey)

raising_the_mickey_by_yeow95_dd38fw2-pre

Now we move on to the Commodities' renaissance man

Secondary instruments or vocals? Adonis covers in their plan

He's shrouded in darkness, with surreal colors abound

We not sure if there's anything sensical to be found! (Two Thirty-Four AM)

two_thirty_four_am_by_yeow95_dd0t9kk-ful

Last, but not least, a new character is shown!

Who is she? What does she do? ...it's not quite known

All that we know right now is she is an elf

We don't even know what she thinks about herself... (The Dissonance of Deuwood)

dd348p0-6d662a14-178e-491f-90c5-5d9ad4ff

That's all folks, tune in next time!

We hope you have found these recent updates divine!

(Enough with the rhymes already....)

EDIT: Yay 100 posts milestone.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 months later...

Uhhhhh summer update time I suppose.

block_thoughts_by_yeow95_ddb9tzi-pre.jpg

Block Thoughts

Piece that sat on the backburner for a while. Went through a few different concepts for this before I settled on the final one here. The block is a practice paperweight for the pointy end of Betty's sword. No idea why it's in an apartment lobby, however.

Regarding standalone artpieces, this is all I have for now because I was pretty quiet. That was because I busy rescuing something I started back in 2018 out of development hell: Hexology. A series of pieces centering on sorcerors and witches created by me (Wiola), kytobitt (Liz), @Spin Attaxx (Jessica) and @Ferno (Elixy).

hexology___hocus_by_yeow95_ddbbhq2-pre.j

Hocus (All four characters.)

"...pocus....focus...locus?"

hexology___spear_me_your_jokes_by_yeow95

Spear Me Your Jokes (Jessica and Wiola)

"Watch where you're aiming that...figuratively and literally!"

hexology___cauldron_calamity_by_yeow95_d

Cauldron Calamity (Liz and Elixy)

"I don't think that's what's supposed to happen..."

Expect more posts featuring more pieces later down the line.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

Gap was a bit longer than intended, but the Hexology continues. (Recap: The Hexology got witches, sorcerers, magic, and a few more things. Characters by kytobitt (Liz), @Spin Attaxx (Jessica), @Ferno (Elixy), and yours truly (Wiola)!)

hexology___a_third_wheel_by_yeow95_ddbgb

A Third Wheel (Jessica, Liz...and another witch [also by kytobitt]!)

"Wait, I thought you were...!"

hexology___windows_to_the_soul_by_yeow95

Windows to the Soul (Elixy and Wiola)

"Tell me, what do you see?"

hexology___time_to_limbo_by_yeow95_ddbiy

Time to Limbo (Wiola and Liz)

"I bet you can't limbo under this!"

hexology___enchanted_void_by_yeow95_ddcm

Enchanted Void (Jessica and Elixy)

"So...how powerful is this thing going to be?"

This marks the end of the Hexology run, but I've got one more idea planned for the seven pieces I've done--keep posted for that!

• Thumbs Up 2

Introducing the alternate run of the Hexology series--the same pieces, but with some switcheroo'd colors and color themes. Here are the first two: Hocus and A Third Wheel in that order. (The alternate colors for the witches/sorceresses in the first piece may be more of a passing similarity for Ferno, kytobitt, Spin-Attaxx and I's other original characters...)

hexology___hocus__alt__by_yeow95_ddcotc8

*flips switch*

hexology___a_third_wheel__alt__by_yeow95

"Now I really can't tell who is supposed to be who!"

There are a couple more I've done, but I'll save them for another post to showcase a non-Hexology piece I did during the original run:

recondite_midnite_by_yeow95_ddbgdxb-pre.

Recondite Midnite

Here is where I tried doing something a bit more fringe and loose, I played around with my pen tool and went for something more abstract and simple. Something of a warmup sketch, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

The alternate run of the Hexology series continues, with Spear Me Your Jokes and Windows to the Soul...

hexology___spear_me_your_jokes__alt__by_

"Let's try this again from a new angle...."

*sigh*

hexology___windows_to_the_soul__alt__by_

"A new vision on the horizon..."

The last three are on the way, but once more, another non-Hexology piece:

always_wear_your_helmet_by_yeow95_dddhq8

Always Wear Your Helmet

...because it helps prevent spills, of course!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

(Sorry for the pause.)

The last batch of the Hexology series' alternate run of pieces is here! Time to Limbo, Enchanted Void, and Cauldron Calamity.

hexology___time_to_limbo__alt__by_yeow95

"I don't think I'm going to even try beating my old record, honestly..."

hexology___enchanted_void__alt__by_yeow9

Enhancing more blanks than usual, I see....

hexology___cauldron_calamity__alt__by_ye

"All of that red smoke can't be a good sign!...."

---

This effectively concludes my Hexology project. I hope you enjoyed it, I had fun making the originals as well as the new variants!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

I've got other art to show...later. But for now here's a dumb spoopy Kirby with a knife comic (yes, I very rarely make an attempt on drawing comics. I actually I wish I could do this more often!) I did during October. (Bolo Kirby. Guess what "bolo" is a synonym for...)

bolo_kirby_by_yeow95_ddhwt0t-fullview.jp

...okay. One more. It's Accel, but not quite. Might as well spell her name with two Ds rather than two Cs, eh? (A-Dee-Dee-E-L)

a_dee_dee_e_l_by_yeow95_ddk54vf-fullview

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that character profile thing I attempted last year for my original characters? Yeah that didn't really go anywhere. So I'm trying again, and thankfully I've got more than one result to show for it.

First inductees of the 2019 Profiles:

Tab (yep, him again). The biggest change here is the new hairstyle he's rocking. Looks pretty spiky, be careful to touch.

tab___2019_profile_by_yeow95_ddh90su-pre

Kolumbia of The Commodites. She's actually the first member of the band to have her full design, in color. 

kolumbia__the_commodities____2019_profil

Marlowe. Unlike other OCs, he's gotten a number of design retools since his introduction, and it's no different here. Plenty of things retained from his past designs alongside some new or different tweaks to his design.

marlowe___2019_profile_by_yeow95_ddkpzh3

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

An Accel-themed update.

flutter_flame_by_yeow95_ddhqyco-fullview

Flutter Flame - Based on a concept I had of Accel being able to ignite fire on her gloves by striking it on the ground. Not unlike a matchstick!

colures_by_yeow95_ddit0an-pre.jpg?token=

Colures - Everything about this piece is in the title (double meaning).

an_alternative_look_by_yeow95_ddl81w7-fu

An Alternative Look - You might see Accel wearing this when she's not working with the Postal Squadron.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the OC 2019 profiles!

courtney___2019_profile_by_yeow95_ddmhzi

Courtney, lead of the Postal Squadron. Not too different from past appearances.

calvin_dominic__c_d_____2019_profile_by_

C.D. (full name: Calvin Dominion). The suit has stayed the same from his previous pieces (all two of them...), but the color isn't. His shoes also have more visible spats.

dewey___2019_profile_by_yeow95_ddmy9vb-f

Dewey, Betty's hesitant buddy in her misadventures. A total departure from his previous concept.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Starting the new year with some stuff actually related to Sonic.

adversary_airline_zone___level_gimmicks_

A few selections of some level gimmicks I came up with for a conceptual airport-themed Sonic level (Adversary Airline Zone)l. I may return to this with some more ideas.

a_rose_gone_rogue_by_yeow95_ddog1qk-full

A Rose Gone Rogue

"You're not getting any of these files until you give me my jewels!"

Based on this Sonic Adventure 2 game mod by Speeps Highway that's been making the rounds on Twitter over the previous week. I liked the concept enough to jump on the trend.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Besides the Rose Gone Rogue piece, here are the other pieces I've done so far this year:

vrame_not_wearing_frames_by_yeow95_ddo1w

Vrame Not Wearing Frames

Some pretty small peepers hiding behind those giant lens. (Yes, this is the pic I've been using for my avatar for a while now.)

wyn_wyn_by_yeow95_ddpkrgd-fullview.jpg?t

Wyn Wyn

Whether you wyn or lose, you can't go wrong with Wynnie either way! (This was the only piece I could get out for February, I was hoping to get some more art submitted in February, but I've been busy with classes and getting a bunch of Smash Bros. videos uploaded [that one is a long story with that one].)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, time for another upd-ATTENTION ALL FIREFIGHTERS: We have the notorious graffiti artist and prolific skater "Fever" operating in disguise within our department. Be on the lookout! DO NOT BE FOOLED! (Time to Heat Things Up!)

time_to_heat_things_up__by_yeow95_ddryn4

-

raggedy_accel_by_yeow95_ddsn8xf-fullview

Raggedy Accel

Another piece of Accel as another character after I drew one too many parallel connections. Specifically, it's based on the human exoskin used by Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9 by from My Life as a Teenage Robot (which, at least in its design, was itself inspired by the Raggedy Ann doll/character). Although hopefully, this design here is not as malicious as the former character....

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Milo said:

Was pretty much without a working printer/scanner/copier for all of 2017, so there was some stuff I drew on paper in 2017 that I was unable to upload to my computer. That finally changed today, so now I can post these two pieces:

huevopolis_zone__workprint__by_yeow95-dc

Huevopolis Zone (Workprint)

A somewhat futuristic city, with some of Eggman's personal touches added to it. The weird metal detection-esque devices (one of which is holding Sonic miles high in the sky) are actually supposed to be teleporation devices. (As for what the name of the zone has to do with Eggman--consult a dictionary or translator on what "huevo" means in Spanish. ;] ). Plan to make a final version of this with colors later this year.

Two-three years later...

huevopolis_zone_by_yeow95_ddxiph5-fullvi

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

So at the end of April (27), I requested some characters a Six Fanarts Challenge on my Twitter, and this my result after working on it after some weeks.

ddz0q7o-0d43d049-8607-4f85-9306-382a4ee1

Also, my latest piece: She's Kinda Cheeky Like That. With "She" being Betty--you get used to the quips she makes if you lounge around with her long enough.

she_s_kinda_cheeky_like_that_by_yeow95_d

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to brace yourselves a bit.

the_ultimate_lazeform_by_yeow95_de08ry7-

The Ultimate Lazeform

"It all starts with this...a food satisfying the ultimate hunger..."

(The character crossover I'm sure forty-two people in total have asked for! Demands for apologies are not accepted.)

Anyway, some other stuff...

where_the_wind_flows_by_yeow95_ddzq9ag-f

Where the Wind Flows

Someone needs a serious hair trimming....

deu_on_wood_by_yeow95_ddzkuwq-fullview.j

Deu on Wood

Remember that elf character I posted a year back (if these posts are both on the same page, just scroll up a bit)? Yeah, this is her (and the one in my avatar right now). Her backstory is that she's a fish that's...not out of water, but in an quite different pond. She's from the North Pole and more specialized in building toys and wrapping packages, but you wouldn't know it from her current residence (an elf village located in a fantasy forest).

• 2 months later...

End-of-summer bump. Something Sonic-related [Junio Julio Agosto Sonic]:

junio_julio_agosto_sonic_by_yeow95_de3il

And some non-Sonic stuff. Some character expression sketches with Accel and Courtney:

accel_expression_sketches__7_21_20__by_y

courtney_expression_sketches__8_2_20__by

And very LTTP posting it here, but an anniversary encore piece of my Hexology pieces from last year--A Different Profession of Magic? (Besides the original four witch/sorcerer OCs --Elixy by @Ferno, Jessica by @Spin Attaxx, Liz by kyto, and Elixy by myself-- in different outfits, I also added TornadoMario347's Smugsy and @JezMM's Venus characters as well!)

hexology___a_different_profession_of_mag

• Thumbs Up 6

Another art update, other stuff I did during the summer.

Squad on the Run. The Postal Squad sets sail to deliver mail!

squad_on_the_run_by_yeow95_de0m05h-fullv

Almost Got Her. The rocket came waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too close for comfort.

almost_got_her_by_yeow95_de28v8r-fullvie

Hose Off The Pretenders. "Any last words before you become my next graffiti masterpiece?"

hose_off_the_pretenders_by_yeow95_de12fn

Dipped back into animation again! Here's a bouncing ball animation test I did in Opentoonz. Here's the final animation, but you can also see a rough animation in the link.

de31s2n-1efba108-0ead-4173-b787-b051e69b

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 months later...

Some October / Halloween stuff.

Intrusive Broadcast. Sadly for Tab, he's more of a lightning rod for possessive spirits compared to the rest of his team....and everyone else.

intrusive_broadcast_by_yeow95_de6u9v2-fu

Fist to Black. ... *thwack*

fist_to_black_by_yeow95_de73d3s-fullview

Witching Hour. When the noon of the night begins, all witches emerge from darkness!

witching_hour_by_yeow95_de828x9-fullview

And one more that fell by the wayside quite a bit: Late to Haunt the Party. Being two weeks late to Halloween is bad enough. Being two weeks late to Halloween and showing up on a Friday the 13th...

late_to_haunt_the_party_by_yeow95_de8o53

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

And now, some portraits of some of my OCs, they all share a similar visual concept of simplicity and lineart emphasis. More should definitely be coming (these might end up replacing the profiles from 2018/2019). In order: Konumdrum (Kolumbia), Spellbound (Wiola), and Snowdew (Deuwood).

konumdrum_by_yeow95_de9k0bx-pre.jpg?toke

spellbound_by_yeow95_de9wlwb-pre.jpg?tok

snowdew_by_yeow95_deaalqf-fullview.jpg?t

• Thumbs Up 1

Some non-portrait stuff.

Golly gee whiskers, what's this? A very period makeover takes hold! Take a gander of Tab and Accel in... "The Mail Route of Mischief"!

tab_and_accel_in______the_mail_route_of_

Also, in enthusiasm over the latest fighter to enter Smash Ultimate...

sephathetic_by_yeow95_deaizva-pre.jpg?to

"Pathetic." (Sephathetic)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mooooooooore portraits. Volcano (Fever), Framework (Leon), Bass (Vrame), Subzero (Frail).

volcano_by_yeow95_deapxdr-pre.jpg?token=

framework_by_yeow95_deas5xu-pre.jpg?toke

bass_by_yeow95_deb6pln-pre.jpg?token=eyJ

subzero_by_yeow95_deb967i-pre.jpg?token=

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

First post for the new year! I'm actually still cranking out portraits, but I'm saving those for another day. This is for the non-portrait stuff.

kingmaker_by_yeow95_debb628-pre.jpg?toke

Kingmaker. Much like Dedede Unleashed back at the eve of October, this is another piece I made specifically for one of my Smash Ultimate King Dedede montages of the same name (which you can watch here). I'm actually going to try and make this more of a recurring thing.

flaming_paint_by_yeow95_dec3p6v-fullview

Flaming Paint. Some painting practice and experimentation with thin lineart. As someone who primarily uses solid colors and thick lineart, I'd like to utilize this approach more, especially for backgrounds.

Last but not least...

yeow95_s_2020_art_summary_by_yeow95_debf

This is my art summary for the 2020 year. My first "art summary" piece overall; I wanted to make one for 2019, but didn't get around to it since I wasn't sure how to put it together. Both 2019 and 2020 saw my most productive years, but I also missed one month each in putting at least one piece. (I can't quite recall the circumstances for 2019. But I didn't get anything out for April in 2020 because I was both busy with classes and busy with the Six Fanart Challenges I requested near the end of that month.)

I also wrote an entire retrospective of how my artwork progress and my achievements, missed opportunities, and goals for that year and what I hope to accomplish this year that I set for myself; you can read it on my tumblr here. (The post also contains a generated "Tumblr Top Ten" list of my top ten most popular art pieces on the platform for that year, based on the number of notes they've received.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

OC profiles back on schedule! Forward (Courtney), Charlatan (Betty), Leggiero (Zoe from The Commodities), and Hearth (Accel). Some trivia: Forward was the last original artwork I did for 2020 (the 2020 Art Summary was the actual last one, but that's a retrospective), Charlatan was my first for 2021. Leggiero also features a redesign for Zoe, who has made scant appearances up until late.

forward_by_yeow95_debd4bq-fullview.jpg?t

charlatan_by_yeow95_debly5j-fullview.jpg

leggiero_by_yeow95_debqdef-fullview.jpg?

hearth_by_yeow95_decs0ln-fullview.jpg?to

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bliss, featuring Wynnie. She's actually the last of all of my lady OCs (to date) to get one of my recent line of profiles. Not that she's any less thrilled about it, though!

bliss_by_yeow95_deecade-fullview.jpg?tok

Dedede Pleads the Fifth Symphony. Some of you may have seen this in the status updates a week or two ago. But this is my third pic of my now-developing line of Dedede artwork I make specifically for my Smash Bros. montages. (Said montage of the same name does features Dedede clips set to Beethoven, you can check it out here!)

dedede_pleads_the_fifth_symphony_by_yeow

Exhausted Eventide. "As if on cue, the comet shows up right when the bass solo comes in."

exhausted_eventide_by_yeow95_dee9v8q-ful

• Thumbs Up 2