Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Sweet Mother of God that Afterburner track is just..............wow

All of my money sumo all of it

Edited by AceZX02

From the Sega Forums...

but something caught my eye at the splash screen, they've licensed the F-14 Tomcat... That is a real life Jet Fighter (And also playable in After Burner) So hopefully its actually one of the transformation of one of the character's vehicles...And not just a generic Jet on the AfterBurner Track!

Either the planes in Afterburner are all F-14's (which Afterburner Climax certainly has F-14's flying around) and are modelled exactly on them hence the reason to include it in the license area (after burner climax also has a license thing for the planes used in it)... or...

Edit: Looking at the footage and the trailer showing afterburner, almost certain this license note is for the afterburner track, all the planes appear to be F-14's.

In the first video around 19:10 Sonic drives backwards and it shows a notice that he survived it, wonder what weapon or whatever it was caused it.

Edited by Zone Seeker

The Play Expo footage summed up:

* Mods shown (choose an option and it sets your stats in a configuration(balanced, handling, etc)

* Afterburner track shown(loving it)

* Shibuya Downtown shown in World Tour challenge(major change seems to be separating the big jump at the end with another section of bridge)

* More achievements shown:

Magic Second(finish half a second ahead of someone)

Eyes on the Road(hit someone while in rearview mode)

Arrow of Light(freeze someone while at least 500 meters away)

Swirling Ranger(survive a twister attack without hitting a wall or item)

If anything, this has gotten me more excited over the game. Can't wait to pick it up.

Edited by FourCartridge

So the Xbox 360 version has 23 characters? I assume the big question mark is a random button.

Well, I guess I'd better watch at least one video of-- IS THAT VYSE FROM SKIES OF ARCADIA?!

M-Maybe this game is worth buying. OwO

Vyse (And Gillius) was the first character revealed for the game. They were announced along with the game.

Yeah, that must be a random button. Just noticed after they go through the license stickers, they show the game records and it says "Characters unlocked: 10/23".

EDIT;

It'll have 24 with the Metal Sonic DLC though, obviously.

I really hope the 360 version will have more characters than that, there's 23 characters revealed, well the Mii obviously won't be in the 360 version, so that would mean there's only 2 more characters to be revealed that will appear on all platforms(asuming the 360 version doesn't get an exclusive)

Wait, what?? 23 shouldn't be the 360 total! If the grand total count of 29 racers across all platforms is true, then the 360 should have at least 27 racers! That excludes the third guest (which I assume is PC exclusive) and the Mii.

As is, this would mean that the final roster for the 360 is all the racers we know of right now, minus the Mii and plus one unknown. Which wouldn't make sense given that there should be six more to be revealed, five of which should be SEGA characters (some secondary, some returning, some new) and one is the third guest that the 360 is probably not getting.

I just can't imagine there being no hope now for Ryo, Alex, more than one newbie and a few more secondaries. My guess is this is still a preview build.

Educate me, S0L!

Wait, what?? 23 shouldn't be the 360 total! If the grand total count of 29 racers across all platforms is true, then the 360 should have at least 27 racers! That excludes the third guest (which I assume is PC exclusive) and the Mii.

As is, this would mean that the final roster for the 360 is all the racers we know of right now, minus the Mii and plus one unknown. Which wouldn't make sense given that there should be six more to be revealed, five of which should be SEGA characters (some secondary, some returning, some new) and one is the third guest that the 360 is probably not getting.

I just can't imagine there being no hope now for Ryo, Alex, more than one newbie and a few more secondaries. My guess is this is still a preview build.

Educate me, S0L!

Nevermind. I shouldn't have tried to put all of this together when I'm this tired. XP

Edited by Pawn

Xbox 360 gets their Avatars as an exclusive. If there are 20 SEGA characters, then the other 3 are Avatars, Danica Patrick and Wreck-It-Ralph. Metal Sonic DLC makes 24.

Edited by Lentastic

23 would be a really bad number... I mean

Sonic has 6 slots

SMB has 2

JSR has 2

NiGHTS has 2

then Gilius, Bd Joe, Vyse, Ulala, Amigo, Joe Musashi

...only 2 more characters left for 360??? (not counting Metal Sonic)

SUMO please confirm something

• Thumbs Up 1

If 360 and PS3 get less SEGA characters than Wii U, I'm crying foul. I've been very very supportive of this game, often spending too much time defending it when it comes to stuff like multiple secondary characters and the potential return of Billy Hatcher representation. But if it ends up that one HD platform gets more SEGA characters than another, and the characters are not available even as DLC, I will be very very disappointed. Not just in the game, but in SEGA and Sumo. There is no reason for SEGA characters to be left off of one HD platform in favor of another. When it came to the last game, the reason was that Wii didn't support DLC. This time out, all three consoles are able to feature the same number of characters, with the only limitations being lack of gamepad gimmicks for the 360 and PS3 when compared to Wii U.

I know somebody will probably mention that having console exclusive characters is sometimes these types of games do, but I don't think that this is a game where that type of marketing gimmick will fly. Guest characters exclusive to the platform, like Banjo-Kazooie, Avatar and Mii? Most definitely! But SEGA characters? Bad f***ing idea.

Of course, we're all just speculating right now. So my above mentions of disappointment are what I would feel if this is the case, not how I feel right now.

Yeah I included Avatars in the 23 revealed ones, there's 18 revealed sega characters(not including Metal Sonic), thus there's only 2 more Sega characters to be revealed, one of which is a secondary character, and the other would be the Ultimate fanservice character, then there's the final guest character who I'm asuming won't be in the 360 version, so what happened to the other 3 characters o_o I'm a bit confused...

Exactly, thats where I'm coming from as well. Perhaps this promise of 29 characters across all platforms has changed to a lower number? Or some characters exist outside the total count of unlockable characters? Or some characters have shifted to DLC and the on-disc count has lowered across all platforms?

Edited by Barry the Nomad

So the Wii U has two more SEGA characters than the 360? (Given that it says '22 SEGA characters' on the back of the box).

If I have this right then:

Wii U has 22 + 2 guests + Miis (+ Metal DLC) = 25 (26)

Xbox 360 has 20 + 2 guests + Avatars (+ Metal DLC) = 23 (24)

6 left to be revealed:

- Two characters, probably for all consoles (since 18 SEGA characters have been revealed)

- Two extra SEGA characters for the Wii U

- One mystery third party guest for a different platform

- A SEGA character for another console

Something like that anyway.

You've seen the back cover for the Wii U version? The updated description for the Wii U version doing the rounds online says there are 20 SEGA characters in that version. Mii and Metal Sonic DLC make 22. This has me really curious about that new Wii U Special Edition that popped up on SEGA Europe's press site. Maybe there is an exclusive Wii U character in that version after all.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Nintendo Wii U)

Sonic and the All-Stars are lined up on the grid once more for more fun-filled racing action, join them in Sonic and The All-Stars Racing Transformed for Nintendo Wii U. Sporting stunning high definition graphics, this exciting racer sees you compete across land, water and air using fiendish weapons and transforming vehicles.

Product Features

• Join a cast of 20 iconic racers and take to your fully transformable vehicle
  • Race across land, sea and air over 16 ever-changing tracks with dynamic conditions
  • Unleash a devastating arsenal of weaponry and take out your rivals
  • Join up to seven other players online and settle the score in online racing
  • Enjoy stunning high definition graphics thanks to the power of Wii U
  • Utilise the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad to control the action like never before

EDIT:

No, it just says 20 iconic racers. Sorry :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I was referring to this:

s2.png

I forgot that Metal is included, but would Miis also be considered one of '22 SEGA characters'? But yeah, ignore my original post. XP

Edited by Pawn

LOL Shadzter, I didn't know that was you (due to the name change) so when I was replying on my iPhone (where your sig was too small to see) I was thinking "who is this know it all asshole?" lol

Wow! So it looks like our 29 has been wrong all along? So we only have two SEGA characters left to reveal, which means hopefuls like Alex Kidd and Ryo are in jeopardy, secondaries like Pudding are possible and all we have is one or so super secret reveals to go?

@Pawn: that's not the back cover, I believe that was a part of a press packet or retailer info packet. And I had though S0L said the SEGA count was wrong or something. Even so, the usual count of 20 + Metal would equal 21, so if that 22 IS indeed correct, then there is still 1 SEGA character left unaccounted for? Personally I'm thinking 22 is incorrect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok. So 23 isn't final, meaning there is some sneaky reason why. I'm assuming, then, that additional characters appear (in the 360 version as well as other versions) via some other ways. Perhaps alternate characters for certain racers? Or vehicles that exist outside the "unlock" count.

Back to pleasantly positive, though I am a bit let down that the 29 total we've been using as our number is probably less, given that 20-22 has become the new number for SEGA characters. Hoping there is some loophole or super secret reason to be revealed!

--

Re-reading the press releases that give these counts (20, 22) I noted that they state "characters" and what we are counting in topics like this one and the roster topic are roster slots. Perhaps there is a loophole here, where certain racer(s) have more than one driver (with the driver changing with the transformation) or that certain racers have alternate skins (such as a Super Sonic skin or a Classic Sonic swap or something of that nature).

So it could be that we can expect 20 racer SLOTS being taken up by SEGA racers, but the actual CHARACTER count is greater than 20. Of course, this is probably not counting Metal so right there we have 21 + guests.

• Thumbs Up 1