Awoo.

Dragon Ball Z Kinect

Marcello

Trailer:

*trailer*

After seeing it in action, I think it's pretty safe to say that this is going to be yet another piece of crap with the Dragon Ball name on it :/

That trailer is just, wow. I'm trying to figure out how a game can look this bad and look even worse than what I expected when I expected it to look bad anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only way that trailer could of been worse is if Justin Chatwin was the guy playing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trailer:

*trailer*

After seeing it in action, I think it's pretty safe to say that this is going to be yet another piece of crap with the Dragon Ball name on it :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry to those of you who likes this but what was shown in this trailer was a 10 years wet dream, (or any mega fanboy/girls dream). To be honest I dont think that Dragon ball is as popular now as it was when I was a kid. I remember when I stayed at an after school program, a whole group of us would turn on toonami and get all hyped with watching DBZ. Don't think its the same now.

I think it's pretty safe to say no popular brand or proper game is ever going to reach Kinect, or at least not any time soon.

Might as well have released Kinect as "The Motion Detecting Mini Game Plug In"

I think it's pretty safe to say no popular brand or proper game is ever going to reach Kinect, or at least not any time soon.

Might as well have released Kinect as "The Motion Detecting Mini Game Plug In"

I love how they still managed to work in a bunch of quick-time events.

No, really. It's hilarious. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Trailer:

.....I'm not gonna lie....that actually looks pretty fucking fun.

So bad it's good. But then again, we're talking about a peripheral who's best game is Dance Central soooo.....

Now excuse me as I go become a SUPER SEYE-YAN

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n

I find it hilarious that in the YT preview image, the kid somehow only has two fingers. Fantastic photoshopping job right there.

So it looks as though it's basically Ultimate Tenkaichi with motion QTEs instead of button QTEs. It was a fucking horrible game even with buttons, what on earth convinced them that a Kinect remake would do them any good? It's almost as if they enjoy sabotaging everything they managed to fix with Raging Blast 1.

Oh, wow...

Seriously, the Kinect is a joke. I gotta wonder why Microsoft still has faith in it, because it's become obvious by now that the Kinect simply does not work as a motion control device. Extra Credits already noted that it's the uncanny valley of motion controls, and it's blatantly obvious that the Kinect simply isn't practical for most traditional gameplay types, at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

Trailer:

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, this game is too big of a train wreck to not buy. If there is such a thing as "So Bad, It's Good" then this would be it.

I'm buying this ludicrously bad looking game to make a complete fool of myself, and I'm going to enjoy every last damn second of it.

Edited by Pinkamena

BECOME A SUPER SIGH-EN!

I'm hurting. I'm hurting all over. This kid is standing in front of his TV shooting a Kamehameha like we all used to do, and Kinect is a stupid product, and that fighting system looks so goddamn bad, and why the fuck can't I stop wanting this.

Is it...I still like it despite it being terribly bad?! Wtf is wrong with me?!?!

Edited by goku262002

BECOME A SUPER SIGH-EN!

I'm hurting. I'm hurting all over.

To be completely fair, that's pretty much how Japan has been pronouncing the word for decades. ....the fact that this lone narrator pronounced it correctly...is kinda funny. XD

This looks like such a spectacular disaster that I might honestly buy this if I had a Kinect.

And I'm a person who really only has passing familiarity with the series.

But the trailer was just cringe-inducing. That probaby killed its potential sales, if it had any.

Oh, wow...

Seriously, the Kinect is a joke. I gotta wonder why Microsoft still has faith in it, because it's become obvious by now that the Kinect simply does not work as a motion control device. Extra Credits already noted that it's the uncanny valley of motion controls, and it's blatantly obvious that the Kinect simply isn't practical for most traditional gameplay types, at all.

I've said this to you before, but Kinect sells great. That's why they have faith in it.

details from KaizEX (DaizEX merged with another site):

“Dragon Ball Z for Kinect” Additional Tidbits

Posted by VegettoEX @ 8:19 am EDT

The press embargo for the upcoming Dragon Ball Z for Kinect lifted yesterday, so in addition to its debut trailer, many news outlets are pushing out their hands-on impressions and such.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/extreme-power-levels-interview/729259

As expected, the game will contain over 50 characters and over 100 unique moves. It will also include one “never-before-seen” character — plenty of guesses and speculations are running rampant already, but we can probably guess that said character will likely tie in with the “exclusive anime content” we know to be included with the game, which Enos noted as debuting in the US and Europe for the first time.

The game will of course be played primarily in first-person, but as shown in the trailer, will shift to third-person for certain attacks. There are two different modes of play coming in the game: a standard story mode (where you progress through opponents and story line elements), as well as a score attack mode, which was the one shown off to press last week at Namco-Bandai’s Global Gamers Day. There is no multiplayer currently planned for the game.

Aww damnit, I wanted to beat the crap have fun with my friends. sad.png but I like the hor girl thats bouncing around in the preview, nothings says "try my game" like a booth babe.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

No multiplayer... not even online multiplayer... meh. This pretty much killed my interest in the game. I mean, really, if I'm gonna make an ass of myself playing it, then I might as well be "fighting" others also making fools of themselves.

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow. That looked even worse than the trailer. The controls look stupidly laggy and there are actually a lot of moments where it completely strips control away from you. Seems to me like that kind of defeats its own purpose. Not to mention that your blows don't even look like they're connecting with your enemy. It looks freaking ridiculous. Oh yeah, and no multiplayer. Just...wat. Honestly, I didn't have high hopes for the game in the first place, and I'm still disappointed. This could very well end up being a disaster on the level of Dragon Ball Z Sagas.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, a good DBZ fighter. Sheez, why don't they just hurry up and make a sequel to that?