Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Judging by the three or four posts above yours, cosmic posted it but jeff doesn't want it public

Lame, smart way to promote the album.  Don't let people hear any samples. Owell.

Lame, smart way to promote the album.  Don't let people hear any samples. Owell.

So is it lame or smart? o.O

You could always ask Cosmic. :/

I thought Jeff was okay with posting it.

I mean, most of the music is in this thread to begin with if you think about it.

I thought Jeff was okay with posting it.

I mean, most of the music is in this thread to begin with if you think about it.

Since he liked the post about keepin it to PMs, I figured otherwise. :/

At this point, I'm gonna zip and let anything happen till he says anything.

Edited by Christmas NiGHTS

That would be sarcasm my friend. I think it's a dumb idea to not let people listen to a small sample of the album to generate buzz and hype about the project.

*shrugs* I don't know, maybe it's just me - but If I had 4+CD's worth of brand-new Sonic the Hedgehog Remixs that I wanted as many people as possible to get excited about, I'd at LEAST have an advert/sample of some kind on YouTube or SoundCloud or SOMETHING so that you can start generating excitement in advance before the release of the album.  It's called WORD-OF-MOUTH ADVERTISING and it's much more effective when you build anticipation for a release instead of just releasing it and hoping people will hear about it...

Why do you think video games release teaser trailers online and TV, or big-name DJs & Artists release teasers of upcoming tunes?  To generate hype for it, so that people are going crazy for said product upon release, and it's origins are able to spread much farther to potential consumers.

• Thumbs Up 1

@errbody: Um...guys... I did say a while ago that I changed my mind on the matter... XD;

DOODS, IT'S OKAY, YOU CAN POST WHAT YOU'VE RECORDED FROM THE STREAM. Cosmic, Rexy, feel free to spread it!

Alright! I finished my album cover entry! (100% by me.)

http://sterlingquinn.deviantart.com/art/TSS-Music-Adventure-2012-Album-Cover-Act-Pending-343404323

Is the title alright? (It's a nod to the 'Genesis Does' campaign.)

tumblr_m52880gJf21r1omgko1_1280.jpg

This pleases me.

Just be sure to stick in "Act #" should it be chosen for an album cover!

taaaaaaaiiiiiiiiils

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really thinking of doing a sample-heavy original as...

1. I need to practice in other genres of music.

2. Sampling is cool.

At the moment, it's just a nice idea. 

also jeff i am listening to your forbiden fruit thingy and i might st-i mean borrow your voice then and now XD

or maybe not cause it's forbiden fruit.

Well, very productive night last night. I'm almost done compositionally with a fourth song! It may need some extra production time though, but hopefully when it gets sent here it would provide a different side to what I've shown :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, very productive night last night. I'm almost done compositionally with a fourth song! It may need some extra production time though, but hopefully when it gets sent here it would provide a different side to what I've shown tongue.png

No more Ms DnB? Or is it gonna have vocals?

@errbody: Um...guys... I did say a while ago that I changed my mind on the matter... XD;

DOODS, IT'S OKAY, YOU CAN POST WHAT YOU'VE RECORDED FROM THE STREAM. Cosmic, Rexy, feel free to spread it!

tumblr_m52880gJf21r1omgko1_1280.jpg

This pleases me.

Just be sure to stick in "Act #" should it be chosen for an album cover!

taaaaaaaiiiiiiiiils

Reggie... ..is that, you........? XD

Hahaha! Alright! It'll be on a ribbon on the bottom right!

I'm glad y'all liked it! \^0^/

OoO Tails needs more love!!

Grah, I need to get my re-exams done first, before I can get back to drawing my album cover D: I'm so sorry for the delay. I hardly have the time to even browse through this place at my own leisurely pace :/

EDIT: Also, as for Spazdaxx's cover, isn't it breaching rule #1?

1-Originals only. The cover must be original, so official artwork, even edited official art, is not allowed.

....cuz it has sprites all over it :o Or are sprites allowed?

Edited by JemiLoke97

@ThaPoint, Remember to post the "Share" link, Not the link you have.. We cant access your files :(
Btw, I've already Remixed Sky Fortress and submitted it :P

@ThaPoint, Remember to post the "Share" link, Not the link you have.. We cant access your files :(

Btw, I've already Remixed Sky Fortress and submitted it :P

I'm letting Dizcrybe's in seeing that he covers Act 1. XD

As for the art submission... Well, I did say no original art, but I haven't said anything specific against sprites... At the very least, the album cover isn't tasteless: it's not just a bunch of sprites stuck together and sent in with effects. It has a nice "history of Tails" thing going on for it too, and Quinn's got his own art on there for the most part. In it goes!

• Thumbs Up 1

So. I installed Windows 8. During which I almost lost everything music-related, from my VSTs to my projects. Took almost a week, but I recovered almost everything except EZ Drummer. I'll have to contact Toontrack about that...

But yeah, I'm getting to work soon. I'm helping Hinchy with Ice Cap (I'd love to see if we can get a preview of that out for you guys to salivate over), and I can start my own piece for you guys. I really think it's going to be It Doesn't Matter, though it'll be a bit more free-form than the original song(s), since it's an instrumental and I can't sing for shit. Still, i've got some great ideas kicking around for it. I might, however, be open to a second song, though I dunno what that song should be... I would certainly be up for requests :P

Btw, here's my latest remix just so you guys can gauge my style, level of quality, and all that jazz. It's not Sonic-related, but perhaps it would give you ideas for those requests: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/511692

• Thumbs Up 1

@ThaPoint, Remember to post the "Share" link, Not the link you have.. We cant access your files sad.png

Btw, I've already Remixed Sky Fortress and submitted it tongue.png

Derp. Sorry. Does this work?

Also, anyone with FL Studio 9 willing to collab on a track?

Edited by thapoint09
  • Thumbs Up 1

omg look who's back

Okay, catching up over here done and my situation hasn't improved. :/ 

Oh, Hyuga, that was wonderful, man. omgsomeoneiinvitedtotheprojectisdoingwellandhasastylesimilartomeacollabisneededbadly

It's going in right Jeff? Oh yeah it is.

Also Dizcrybe, I <3 you for how different your songs can be to the original at times! And they always end up well too.